Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Cant say i'm surprised that Bynum is probably not going to start the season but after missing a whole year you would think he would be ready to go for at least 15 or 20 minutes a night. Eventually we'll talk about Bynum as an all time disappointment because of the injuries and because we'll never get to see him at his best in his prime. In the league today Andrew Bynum should be at minimum a 25 and 12 player year in and year out with his rare size and post game. The only players in the league who can matchup with him are Drummond Dwight Demarcus and Duncan.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant say i'm surprised that Bynum is probably not going to start the season but after missing a whole year you would think he would be ready to go for at least 15 or 20 minutes a night. Eventually we'll talk about Bynum as an all time disappointment because of the injuries and because we'll never get to see him at his best in his prime. In the league today Andrew Bynum should be at minimum a 25 and 12 player year in and year out with his rare size and post game. The only players in the league who can matchup with him are Drummond Dwight Demarcus and Duncan.

bruh we need to come to terms that bynum just plays basketball...hes not a basketball player....

what i mean by that is that he's just good at it...always has been....but he doesnt live and breathe the shyt like kobe or lebron...durant etc....

the nikka is just getting paid now...he probably just wants to travel and bull shyt...and now he has the money to do it....

• Dap
Reactions: OTC

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're right, Reggie's best season he shot 42.9%, Steph's worse was 43.7%, yeah it's only been 4 years but you've never seen anyone this good shooting in their first 4 years. Compare his first 4 years with Reggie's if you really want to see the difference.

you have to look at the different eras steph and reggie played. Look at how the 3pt shot was used in 86-87 when reggie came into the league compared to today. Look at how rule changes made defenses less physical on the perimeter today than 20 years ago. I think Steph is going to be mentioned among the best shooters of all time, but i think it's disrespectful after 4 years to give him that crown.

Let's wait until year 10 for steph and see where this argument stands.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
you have to look at the different eras steph and reggie played. Look at how the 3pt shot was used in 86-87 when reggie came into the league compared to today. Look at how rule changes made defenses less physical on the perimeter today than 20 years ago. I think Steph is going to be mentioned among the best shooters of all time, but i think it's disrespectful after 4 years to give him that crown.

Let's wait until year 10 for steph and see where this argument stands.
By year 9 he'll have more 3's than anyone that's ever played the game if he stays on pace with 7 attempts per game.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By year 9 he'll have more 3's than anyone that's ever played the game if he stays on pace with 7 attempts per game.

the warriors aren't going to win anything if he's shooting 7 trey's a game (off topic)

back on topic, that's a great feat but again the nba is a different game than what it was 15-20 years ago. back in the 80's entire teams weren't even taking 7 3's a night, so the mindset is different.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
bruh we need to come to terms that bynum just plays basketball...hes not a basketball player....

what i mean by that is that he's just good at it...always has been....but he doesnt live and breathe the shyt like kobe or lebron...durant etc....

the nikka is just getting paid now...he probably just wants to travel and bull shyt...and now he has the money to do it....
And even with that being the case when healthy the guy was straight up unstoppable some nights. So imagine if he loved the game like some of the greats did.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
the warriors aren't going to win anything if he's shooting 7 trey's a game (off topic)

back on topic, that's a great feat but again the nba is a different game than what it was 15-20 years ago. back in the 80's entire teams weren't even taking 7 3's a night, so the mindset is different.
At 45% from outside why can't we? The mindset is different now because Steph can take 7 a game because he's shooting 45% fam. Most bigs are shooting 50% in the paint so what's the difference?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the difference in the playoffs jump shooting teams don't win titles. this is a tried and proven theory dating back 50+ years.

of course there are some outliers, but majority rules

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
the difference in the playoffs jump shooting teams don't win titles. this is a tried and proven theory dating back 50+ years.

of course there are some outliers, but majority rules
The 2011 Mavericks would like to disagree with you. Gone are the days of needing a low post scorer to win a championship. I wouldn't say we're a 1 dimensional team anyway. Iggy can get to the paint, Lee has a post game and Bogut can score here and that down low.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The 2011 Mavericks would like to disagree with you. Gone are the days of needing a low post scorer to win a championship. I wouldn't say we're a 1 dimensional team anyway. Iggy can get to the paint, Lee has a post game and Bogut can score here and that down low.

they're the outlier i'm referring to, i can't really think of another team save the 04 pistons (who had arguably the best defense of all time) win a title shooting jumpers. 75 warriors?