Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Alot of my gym workouts feel uninspired, and I seem to be having more fun doing caliesthenics(sp). gonna take a week or so off from the gym to see if i can somehow regain that fire

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Alot of my gym workouts feel uninspired, and I seem to be having more fun doing caliesthenics(sp). gonna take a week or so off from the gym to see if i can somehow regain that fire

it happens to the best of us...burnout is always inevitable...every once in a blue moon you just have to take some days to a week off to heal up and/or rekindle the fire to workout..maybe a change up in exercise plan as well

Daps
Any of ya'll ever try EAS chocolate protein? I been slacking on my protein from naturual sources so i've had to get it from powder. I was mixing it with milk and getting nauseous as fukk. I'm lactose intolerant but after that almond milk thread I stepped my knowledge up on replacements. Anyway, i took some today and a nikka still feeling :whoo:. Is this shyt normal? do ya'll ever get this feeling? Ya'll got any different brands I should try or just skip powder all together?

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
I haven't had soda in months....I'm craving for one right now:skip:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Same here. I go through a range of emotions looking at the squat rack.

Word. It's weird seeing the squat racks looking all lonely at a gym, if they have one. The Fitness Connection by my crib has this one small corner upstairs where the free weights are, they got two squat racks, a v-squat machine and a hack squat setup, and it's rare that I see anyone up there. It's like if you go up there and there's another nikka already up there, he gives you the look like :myman: and vice versa. For the most part, nobody makes it past the Smith Machine if they're trying to do squats, and even then they go like a quarter of the way down. :why:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
"One heaping scoop" is such a bull shyt measurement.

I was mixing my whey and casein but didn't wanna OD on it so I aimed for ~25g protein at an 80:20 casein:whey ratio. I go to use my scale and one even scoop of casein weighed only 23g. I'm like ":what: this can't be right" and go read the label. A full serving = 32g = one HEAPING scoop. I tried about 10 times to get a single scoop that weighed 32g without goin back for seconds and the shyt just wasn't happening.

So basically I haven't been getting the full protein serving over the years. :wow:

:manny: