Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Non-Expert opinion:

Definitely start lifting but with real weight and purpose. Not knowing your body composition if you are trying to cut a good amount of weight you don't want to cardio it all off and tear away what muscle you have. It sounds like you are more concerned with aesthetics which lifting will be key.

Begin with the basics like a Strong Lifts or Starting Strength. @MMSex has a good thread of resources here:

http://www.the-coli.com/gym/959-gym...ess-resource-request-thread.html#.Ua38AUDVBqU

The other element is nutrition. You have to guage how good your current nutrition is and if it needs to be adjusted to help you reach your goals. There isn't a need to go hard in the gym if you aren't eating in the best manner for you individually.
Appreciate it breh. Another Question how much a factor is water in this? Cause I've been drinking alottttt of water will that affect anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Appreciate it breh. Another Question how much a factor is water in this? Cause I've been drinking alottttt of water will that affect anything?

Depends:

It helps with overall body function and helping to speed nutrients through the body. I don't know if you can put anything tangible on it to count it as a factor. For some it helps as appetite suppressant but again I wouldn't count it as a factor you can expect to pull results from. Keep drinking it however.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

If you can stick to just water(no sugary drinks, caloried drinks) you're already halfway there

Lifting is something you need to give a hard look at though

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If you can stick to just water(no sugary drinks, caloried drinks) you're already halfway there

Lifting is something you need to give a hard look at though
Yea, I haven't drank any sodas or redbulls in a while.

:sadcam:@ lifting though. I've been some "lifting"

but not on some bench curls type stuff.

I'll try to explain

today on my bar I had a 10 and 5 pound weight on each side (don't know how much the bar weighs) and I put it on my shoulders and I press up every time I step up onto my fire place and I do 6 16 reps on each leg, I'm just wondering if that will accomplish anything

*edit* And I've been doing that maybe 2 days out of the week for 2 weeks now

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yea, I haven't drank any sodas or redbulls in a while.

:sadcam:@ lifting though. I've been some "lifting"

but not on some bench curls type stuff.

I'll try to explain

today on my bar I had a 10 and 5 pound weight on each side (don't know how much the bar weighs) and I put it on my shoulders and I press up every time I step up onto my fire place and I do 6 16 reps on each leg, I'm just wondering if that will accomplish anything

*edit* And I've been doing that maybe 2 days out of the week for 2 weeks now

Honest answer is likely no.

You just have to embrace trying to lift. Its most likely is going to be the best way to go :manny:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
my current level of upper body strength is :flabbynsick:

I lifted back when I played football in high school but I didn't really know how to lift properly and I didn't really take it serious

My other part of my workout is mainly cardio, Running, jump roping softball and playing basketball

my goal is to get rid of my "love handles" and reduce my gut and see my abs again and get some muscle definition. If that makes sense again I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

you my nikka sleepy.. this is me exactly down to the football and saying fukk weights :myman:

if i took myself seriously back then :lupe:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
another question, should i buy all the supplements he was talking about in the book? or does it not matter? can i get away with a multi, fish oil and zinc?

Definitely get the bronkaid and caffeine. Don't know how I'd get thru Wednesdays without it. Might as well get magnesium citrate to go with the zinc.

The rest just depends really.

The tyrosine does help and really boosts the effectiveness of ephedrine and yohimbine, but can be left out.

Things like calcium may want to be supplemented if your meal plan lacks it.

Glutamine and vitamin C will keep your immune system up to par. I got sick during week 2 and had to megadose these two to get rid of it quickly.

I ended up getting anything that's helpful (minus the juice :heh:). I figured if you gonna do an advanced fatloss program, might as well get the most out of it.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Guy at the gym told me i was getting stronger and stronger :ahh:

I wanted to cry cause he noticed my hard work :steve:

semtex

:)
Daps
I'm gonna attempt to do neck bridges tonight before I shadow box and get busy on that speed bag......but with the hands though....I'm not about that neck only life yet
yeah definitely don't rush anything with those. Your neck will still get a workout regardless. Also manual resistance is :lawd: I've heard of people gainin 2-3 inches of neck fukkin with those.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Maaaaaaaaan, deload week sucks. So boring.

But I think two weeks from now I'm gonna be killing shyt.

Taking 2 weeks off pre-workout, and going 50%/75%.....then restarting going ham.