Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
whats the difference between whey and casein? i ask cuz lyle mcdonald recommends that for ud2, but im wondering can i just stick to whey and achieve the same results? figured id ask before i went buyin some.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
whats the difference between whey and casein? i ask cuz lyle mcdonald recommends that for ud2, but im wondering can i just stick to whey and achieve the same results? figured id ask before i went buyin some.

Note on low cal days you'll be eating 1300-1500 calories with an expenditure of something like 2800-3200 depending on how you attack those days. You will be hungry. He tells you everything that would help stave off this hunger., casein being one of the many.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If the weight room at the gym is small and 75-80% full why are you trying to jump rope when you can take ten steps and do that outside :usure:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
:laff: Do tell.

60s per set, too? :laff: shyts ain't no joke.

:bryan:

i went in thinking, "meh 60% of 1rm, shyt will be cake" about halfway in on my first set which was hack squats i knew i fukked up :ufdup:

that 60s break is a bytch. going from lifting my heaviest as possible last friday to this has me :sadbron:

i was looking like robb stark at the end

its so demonic, friends.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I have a question I am completely ignorant when it comes to weight lifting losing body fat etc etc.

So I need a 2nd opinion cause a co-worker said this would help with the burning of body fat.

I have weight bar I put a 10 pound weight on each side I step up on the brick of my fireplace then press up the weight bar and I do this for 16 reps for each leg. Is this accomplishing anything?

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Note on low cal days you'll be eating 1300-1500 calories with an expenditure of something like 2800-3200 depending on how you attack those days. You will be hungry. He tells you everything that would help stave off this hunger., casein being one of the many.

another question, should i buy all the supplements he was talking about in the book? or does it not matter? can i get away with a multi, fish oil and zinc?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I have a question I am completely ignorant when it comes to weight lifting losing body fat etc etc.

So I need a 2nd opinion cause a co-worker said this would help with the burning of body fat.

I have weight bar I put a 10 pound weight on each side I step up on the brick of my fireplace then press up the weight bar and I do this for 16 reps for each leg. Is this accomplishing anything?

Depends on your current level of strength and what else you are doing.

What's your overall goal? Have you lifted before?

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Depends on your current level of strength and what else you are doing.

What's your overall goal? Have you lifted before?
my current level of upper body strength is :flabbynsick:

I lifted back when I played football in high school but I didn't really know how to lift properly and I didn't really take it serious

My other part of my workout is mainly cardio, Running, jump roping softball and playing basketball

my goal is to get rid of my "love handles" and reduce my gut and see my abs again and get some muscle definition. If that makes sense again I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
my current level of upper body strength is :flabbynsick:

I lifted back when I played football in high school but I didn't really know how to lift properly and I didn't really take it serious

My other part of my workout is mainly cardio, Running, jump roping softball and playing basketball

my goal is to get rid of my "love handles" and reduce my gut and see my abs again and get some muscle definition. If that makes sense again I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

Non-Expert opinion:

Definitely start lifting but with real weight and purpose. Not knowing your body composition if you are trying to cut a good amount of weight you don't want to cardio it all off and tear away what muscle you have. It sounds like you are more concerned with aesthetics which lifting will be key.

Begin with the basics like a Strong Lifts or Starting Strength. @MMSex has a good thread of resources here:

http://www.the-coli.com/gym/959-gym...ess-resource-request-thread.html#.Ua38AUDVBqU

The other element is nutrition. You have to guage how good your current nutrition is and if it needs to be adjusted to help you reach your goals. There isn't a need to go hard in the gym if you aren't eating in the best manner for you individually.

Last edited by a moderator: