Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Damn breh

Need for you to get back in the gym
Trust me I wanna get back badly. But between focusing all my money into my art career and bills, I can't do it. That's why I'm hoping for the Nashville Group show to be my breakthrough cause I badly wanna put Goku ass to shame...

Even if I dont...the fact that he sees and knows a legit cripple can't hang and bang with him will shut his pompous ass up...he earned it though..but it's cool...

If I said fukk art and spent my money on gym I can rehab...but I love making art too much.

I was able to meet alot of idols, and idols through their family cause alot of them have died and passed on.

I got my art shown with Elizabeth Catlett, and my next show in da Boot will have my art shown with Jacob Lawrence and Sam Gilliam.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That incline dumbbell press video seems wrong.

I don't know anyone who would tell a lifter to take their feet off the ground when doing bench press.

You immediately destroyed your ability to lift weight with stability.
Reply in the comments and set the record straight

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Right on, I been trying to find this since I found just the regular 5/3/1 book.

You can see my previous posts ITT on 5/3/1 if you want, but the OG method has been bushed for eons now.

No more 3 week cycles with a deload every 4th, none of that. There are assistance and accessory work protocols written out with each leader/anchor.

Daps
Dudes wanna take Wendler's routine and pervert it. :francis: I know because I do the same thing. :snoop:

5/3/1 as written is lower volume and lower frequency so it's not uncommon for folks to add to it.
Guilty... that was how my jacked up 5/3/1 looked cause I was never exerted so spammed it with a bunch of accessory work.........

But the Sage took me under his wing and turned me. to the Darkside... :blessed:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I've heard of 5x5 but never really delved into it.

:ufdup:

5x5 is the go-to beginner lifting program IMO. Cats been doing 5x5 splits since at least the mid 70's. I went from Genin to Sanin to Sage doing SL 5x5 with some accessory work thrown in over the course of 8 months or so when I first started.
Naruto-Grin.png

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
3-4 days of heavy lifting
2-3 days of soccer
1 day of rest (Sunday)

This is the routine I wanna lock in for Q2 and Q3, just need to get my 2nd weekday soccer league going again.

@Son Goku can you recommend an intermediate lifting plan after finishing up Lyle McDonald’s General bulking plan? I like the upper/lower body splits and focus in big lifts but need something with a bit more shoulder work and more focus on the back during the upper days.