Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
todays my first day off in 7 days...I went mad hard last week made a lot of progress too but doin so many days in a row left me with a sore lower back and I know not to fukk around with that.

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
I was wearing a strapless dress, and my boyfriend yesterday was all: "GAHTDAMN at yo traps."
Later: "Man, gahtdamn at your bi's too :myman:"

He doesn't really like muscular girls so I dunno if it's even a compliment. But IDGAF, I was like :win::stylin:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nothing if you can do it with no problems. Mixed grip is better cause like CTK said its not a grip exercise so focus on your posterior chain

We train for different reasons. The first set at 300 i pretty much did with 4 fingers because my thumbs couldnt hold it. After that i switched to over under. I want t be able to do over over as heavy as i can because in BJJ i have to have a grip like a pitbulls mouth. Also helps make my chokes a lot tighter.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
But is that a form to build muscle, or win powerlifting comps

Look at how reduced the ROM is, than if dude were less curled + off the bench

Put it like this, If you were lying on your back on the floor pushing someone off you, would your shoulders go past parallel?

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't done shyt in like a few years to be honest. Not entirely :flabbynsick: but not in shape. Should I start by doing regular gym stuff aka mon-wed-fri chest back arms abs and legs or should I do HIIT first then do that or both?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Nothing if you can do it with no problems. Mixed grip is better cause like CTK said its not a grip exercise so focus on your posterior chain

youre risking a bicep tear at high weight tho with mixed :sitdown:

not a form thing either, youtube it :scusthov:

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
went to the community center yesterday..gym was closed...so i decided to shyt on the ngigaz on the outdooor courts

after dropping like 50 points over 2 hours...my knees :to:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Put it like this, If you were lying on your back on the floor pushing someone off you, would your shoulders go past parallel?
That is OK if your focus is functional strength... mine is purely hypertrophy

Unless someone can prove bringing the bar to one's chest is a waste of time.... :manny:

And thats no disrespect. Plus on incline I can't bring the bar to my chest for whatever reason, so in that case I don't. But if I can, I will, you feel me

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It's not a waste of time, it's just an extremely weak position for your shoulder joint

Do you :shaq: