Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Pick up heavy shyt, and put it back down brehs

This is The Whey.
Mando-Blessed-removebg-preview.png

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Have you tried retracting your shoulders/scapula engage the lats with your pressing?
Yea, I switched to dumbbells only because I was feeling more of it with em. Problem is, I don’t get debilitating heart beat affected DOMS no matter what weight or how many sets I do :stopitslime:
My shoulders always feel the burn long before my chest does. For example, on bench press I’ll feel my front delts ready to give out before I get a solid chest pump

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Yea, I switched to dumbbells only because I was feeling more of it with em. Problem is, I don’t get debilitating heart beat affected DOMS no matter what weight or how many sets I do :stopitslime:

My shoulders always feel the burn long before my chest does. For example, on bench press I’ll feel my front delts ready to give out before I get a solid chest pump
DOMs isn't indicative of a good workout. I only get DOMs after an extended period off from the gym. Even when I was running NSUNs doing 9 sets of bench twice a week I didn't get DOMs. Compounds are only strong as the weakest muscle as well. If you're 100% it ain't a form issue, I'd focus/start my push days with OHP and inclines to increase the strength there.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
DOMs isn't indicative of a good workout. I only get DOMs after an extended period off from the gym. Even when I was running NSUNs doing 9 sets of bench twice a week I didn't get DOMs. Compounds are only strong as the weakest muscle as well. If you're 100% it ain't a form issue, I'd focus/start my push days with OHP and inclines to increase the strength there.
Just feels like the pecs are mailing it in :damn:
I want the plate of chest armor look :damn:

I switched to OHP as my main push movement years ago because I wanna throw someone over my head :damn:

I thank you for your time and next push day I’ll update you :damn:

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina

Odd. I'll second whatGawd said. Make sure your shoulder blades are retracted for pressing movements. Usually the people feeling too much shoulder (or injuring them) are pressing with a completely flat back with elbows flared out. Definitely want shoulder blades pinched back creating some arch, and the bar path to come towards your sternum.

If you're already doing this, you may just be built different. If so, become a flye god.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Bought 2 tubs of Dark Labz Crack Primal edition and it's the best stuff ever.

killed it on heavy bench n then hit a PR on over head press fukking around, did a nice strict standing 225 press, and this was after benching heavy, hadn't even tried to OHP anywhere close to that weight in months.