Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
had the rare "body telling me to take it easy" moment in the gym tonight...when basically the mind was willing but the body was not..of course it came on my cardio circuit day so i had to dumb it down from what i usually do..in my 20s i used to soldier through but in my 40s i know better...ill make it up tomorrow with an outside run or something

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Any advice on growing calves (besides jump rope)

Mine are my achilles heel (dont even ask me how)

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Any advice on growing calves (besides jump rope)

Mine are my achilles heel (dont even ask me how)

Never heard of jumping rope for bigger calves. :gucci:

Some things that definitely, actually work for calves are:
- Training calves more often (like 3-4x a week)
- Training calves at the beginning of the workout, not at the end
- Doing 4-count reps
- Changing the angle your feet are pointing up

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I went from 195 May 17th to 181 June 9th weigh in. I do workout and lift consistently. Had some runs in there and I dont meet my calorie intake every day. I eat when I’m hungry or when I need food. Highly in tune with my body and after Ramadan I was able to better control appetite.

I’m kinda ripped/shredded I guess but should I be concerned? I feel fine but I am wanting to put about 5 to 10lbs back on.

My back and abs are my most targeted areas but bruh I look at my forearms and think damn I’m small lol.

To start the year I was at 210 or so.

Son Goku

Daps
I went from 195 May 17th to 181 June 9th weigh in. I do workout and lift consistently. Had some runs in there and I dont meet my calorie intake every day. I eat when I’m hungry or when I need food. Highly in tune with my body and after Ramadan I was able to better control appetite.

I’m kinda ripped/shredded I guess but should I be concerned? I feel fine but I am wanting to put about 5 to 10lbs back on.

My back and abs are my most targeted areas but bruh I look at my forearms and think damn I’m small lol.

To start the year I was at 210 or so.

Still didn't really hear a question. :dahell:

You either wanna: continue to lose, wanna maintain your current physique, do a body recompand stay the same weight, or you wanna bulk. Those are your only options.

Should you be concerned? I don't know, I don't fast for Ramadan.
:manny:

How much weight do active folks lose each year doing dat? How much weight do you usually lose (unless this is your first observance)?

Your "most targeted areas" doesn't mean much btw because how you target said areas will determine your results with those muscles to a certain degree.

Plenty of cats hit pecs and arms religiously and still have bird chests and noodles on their shoulders.
:yeshrug:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Still didn't really hear a question. :dahell:

You either wanna: continue to lose, wanna maintain your current physique, do a body recompand stay the same weight, or you wanna bulk. Those are your only options.

Should you be concerned? I don't know, I don't fast for Ramadan.
:manny:

How much weight do active folks lose each year doing dat? How much weight do you usually lose (unless this is your first observance)?

Your "most targeted areas" doesn't mean much btw because how you target said areas will determine your results with those muscles to a certain degree.

Plenty of cats hit pecs and arms religiously and still have bird chests and noodles on their shoulders.
:yeshrug:
I can dig it. I been chubby most my life. Haven’t been 180 range since I was 18.

In the best shape of my life but you get them “skinny” comments and it kinda sit in back of the mind.

Don’t wanna look sick and while I feel good and like my size I kinda miss some of the bigger appearance and being a little heavier

at this size I’m feeling like I could be moved easily if I were to get into a tussle… I wanna be solid not fat but still be lightweight. You understand what I mean?

Ripped and shredded. Stomach flat V cut in tact but a lil more brolic in the chest and arms if you will.

I’m 6’0 roughly 6’1.

Son Goku

Daps
I can dig it. I been chubby most my life. Haven’t been 180 range since I was 18.

In the best shape of my life but you get them “skinny” comments and it kinda sit in back of the mind.

Don’t wanna look sick and while I feel good and like my size I kinda miss some of the bigger appearance and being a little heavier

at this size I’m feeling like I could be moved easily if I were to get into a tussle… I wanna be solid not fat but still be lightweight. You understand what I mean?

Ripped and shredded. Stomach flat V cut in tact but a lil more brolic in the chest and arms if you will.

I’m 6’0 roughly 6’1.

Not in the slightest. :dwillhuh:

If you wanna bulk up, just say that. All the other descriptors are kinda useless since most of them are ambiguous and will vary from gym bro to gym bro.

What you consider brolic might be :unimpressed: to the rest of us.

Might need to ask to Muslim lifters how they handle fasting and maintaining in the gym too. :jbhmm:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Not in the slightest. :dwillhuh:

If you wanna bulk up, just say that. All the other descriptors are kinda useless since most of them are ambiguous and will vary from gym bro to gym bro.

What you consider brolic might be :unimpressed: to the rest of us.

Might need to ask to Muslim lifters how they handle fasting and maintaining in the gym too. :jbhmm:
Lol man think of MMA fighter body type. When I hear bulk I think BULK not slim shredded.

Son Goku

Daps
22% BF???..............you need to worry about just getting a proper lifting routine in place before you go on and start thinking about "ripped" and looking like an MMA fighter............. :skip:

^This.

That's why I told dude them descriptors meant nothing. "Shredded" to me implies legit sub 10% b.f. :manny:

Lol man think of MMA fighter body type. When I hear bulk I think BULK not slim shredded.

Bulk simply means you are intentionally gaining weight and probably trying to maximize muscle gain.