Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I'm between intermediate and advanced. Been lifting on and off for around 4 to 6 years.

I mentioned in the post that I'm running a very basic strength beginner program at moment just to work on my main lifts. Similar to stronglifts but it's 3x5 rather than 5x5. Hit the gym three days a week right now, but once I get what I need from it I'm switching to a different program to continue progression.

I'm not taking gear.

Maybe I can hit those numbers I'm wanting to hit by the end of the year, maybe not. We'll see. If I'm off by about 20 to 25 lb on each lift that's still a W.

Cool. Few last re-attacks:

If you're making session-to-session progress from a 3x5 LP, you're not an intermediate to advanced lifter. Advanced lifters don't even make measurable weekly progress like that. :usure:

A 3x5 is almost assuredly not gonna get you to a 3/4/500 Big 3, so what program are you planning next? Three days a week obviously won't be it either, so you're gonna be looking at various splits.

Were you planning to actually test your maxes or just basing everything off a e1rm? I can't do sets of ten for shyt right now but I can hit heavy singles everyday I train. AMRAPS ≠ 1RMs, they require different types of strength, tax the muscles and CNS differently, etc.

Very few people are totaling 1200+ in a commercial gym and almost none of them got there by accident. I go to the biggest gym in my city and can't even think of 10, including myself.

Not even tryna sound like a hater but your current e1rms barely even have you in the 1000 pound club; I don't see you joining the 1200 pound club in 2023 with only 8 months to go and no real apparent plan.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF - Morgan Freeman Good Luck ...

Son Goku

Daps
Goals :hubie:

shyt like that is why i don’t even think I’m that strong, it’s just that so many cats in the gym are weak.

Either goals or :duck: with fake plates. :yeshrug:

Unless it's a video from a professional lifter or a clip from a PL meet, I take all of these SM posts with a large grain of salt. You know clout is one helluva drug, word to Rick James.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Cool. Few last re-attacks:

If you're making session-to-session progress from a 3x5 LP, you're not an intermediate to advanced lifter. Advanced lifters don't even make measurable weekly progress like that. :usure:

A 3x5 is almost assuredly not gonna get you to a 3/4/500 Big 3, so what program are you planning next? Three days a week obviously won't be it either, so you're gonna be looking at various splits.

Were you planning to actually test your maxes or just basing everything off a e1rm? I can't do sets of ten for shyt right now but I can hit heavy singles everyday I train. AMRAPS ≠ 1RMs, they require different types of strength, tax the muscles and CNS differently, etc.

Very few people are totaling 1200+ in a commercial gym and almost none of them got there by accident. I go to the biggest gym in my city and can't even think of 10, including myself.

Not even tryna sound like a hater but your current e1rms barely even have you in the 1000 pound club; I don't see you joining the 1200 pound club in 2023 with only 8 months to go and no real apparent plan.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF - Morgan Freeman Good Luck ...
Intermediate strength for my weight. My form and mechanics are solid just from doing it over the years.

But that's my point. My strength is already fairly decent again and I'm eating off of a very basic program. I'll probably switch over to Texas method, or madcows or something later (eventually 5/3/1). Tons to choose from.

No offense taken. You come off more like a cheeky jokey type than a hater.

In my experience those calculators have been fairly close to the mark for me (particularly from a 10 rep maximum standpoint) Maybe with like a 3% or so discrepancy depending.

We'll see how it goes.

Son Goku

Daps
Intermediate strength for my weight. My form and mechanics are solid just from doing it over the years.

But that's my point. My strength is already fairly decent again and I'm eating off of a very basic program. I'll probably switch over to Texas method, or madcows or something later (eventually 5/3/1). Tons to choose from.

No offense taken. You come off more like a cheeky jokey type than a hater.

In my experience those calculators have been fairly close to the mark for me (particularly from a 10 rep maximum standpoint) Maybe with like a 3% or so discrepancy depending.

We'll see how it goes.

Fair enough. A beginning strength program means you can still progress linearly, but prolly not to a 1200 # total unless you're a SHW dude.

I know a lotta cats who took the e1RM as gospel and then were dumbfounded when they failed singles below that weight. Hitting an AMRAP is all well and good, but submax work (word to 5/3/1) is no substitute for maximal effort singles IMO.
Both have their place but only one can simulate the real deal. :ehh:

Good luck either way. Try not to do a @Gully Bull and end up retiring from the game early. :troll:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Either goals or :duck: with fake plates. :yeshrug:

Unless it's a video from a professional lifter or a clip from a PL meet, I take all of these SM posts with a large grain of salt. You know clout is one helluva drug, word to Rick James.
now that I think about it

Squatting 6 plates believable
benching 6 plates :childplease: if you're not some 300lb, 6'4 cat

Son Goku

Daps
now that I think about it

Squatting 6 plates believable
benching 6 plates :childplease: if you're not some 300lb, 6'4 cat

It's also wild the plates didn't even shift when he was walking even with those shytty-little wire clips on the bar. :lupe:

But dude squats and pushes over 1100 pounds and ain't in PL meets, the Olympics, or the league? :usure: A person that's legit that strong shouldn't have any problem monetizing said skrenf. :patrice:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Never thought about the possibility of itsdreamsworld being fake with the plates but who knows.

The truly freaky strong specimens usually solidify their greatness in some sort of federation of some kind. Leaving a mark.

It's why you don't see Brad castleberry ever competing.

Edit:

But it seems like dude always in commercial gyms. If he was bringing in his own shyt you would think he would have been exposed by now. I could have swore I read comments of people saying he attends their local gym and that he's legit

Last edited:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Fair enough. A beginning strength program means you can still progress linearly, but prolly not to a 1200 # total unless you're a SHW dude.

I know a lotta cats who took the e1RM as gospel and then were dumbfounded when they failed singles below that weight. Hitting an AMRAP is all well and good, but submax work (word to 5/3/1) is no substitute for maximal effort singles IMO.
Both have their place but only one can simulate the real deal. :ehh:

Good luck either way. Try not to do a @Gully Bull and end up retiring from the game early. :troll:
Someone gotta be the Ken Griffey/Penny Hardaway/Grant Hill of the squad :noah:

Son Goku

Daps
Never thought about the possibility of itsdreamsworld being fake with the plates but who knows.

The truly freaky strong specimens usually solidify their greatness in some sort of federation of some kind. Leaving a mark.

It's why you don't see Brad castleberry ever competing.

Edit:

But it seems like dude always in commercial gyms. If he was bringing in his own shyt you would think he would have been exposed by now. I could have swore I read comments of people saying he attends their local gym and that he's legit

You also prolly read folks saying you have to take gear to look like Creed Jr. n'dem in comments too. :unimpressed:

Any lift not performed on the platform is just a gym lift anyways. :yeshrug:

Whether it's real or fake, it doesn't count for anything more than clicks or daps until he does it before judges. :francis: