Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
@Y2Dre you gotta balance your shyt. I didnt see anything in there for hamstrings. Throw in some stiff leg deadlifts and hamstring curls. Stronger hams will give your legs size and make your squats stronger. Also are you going deeeeeeeeeeep on squats? You will get more growth with less weight and a bigger range of motion.

I wouold dead that squatting 6 days a week shyt too. Muscles grow outside the gym, you need to let them recover. I would do legs twice a week w/a routine like this

4 sets on everything
Squats
SLDLs
Standing calf raises
Quad extensions
Hamstring curls
Seated calf raises

Last edited by a moderator:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
@Y2Dre you gotta balance your shyt. I didnt see anything in there for hamstrings. Throw in some stiff leg deadlifts and hamstring curls. Stronger hams will give your legs size and make your squats stronger. Also are you going deeeeeeeeeeep on squats? You will get more growth with less weight and a bigger range of motion.

I wouold dead that squatting 6 days a week shyt too. Muscles grow outside the gym, you need to let them recover. I would do legs twice a week w/a routine like this

4 sets on everything
Squats
SLDLs
Standing calf raises
Quad extensions
Hamstring curls
Seated calf raises

Props, gonna dead my routine and try this. What I'm doing hasn't been working. I'm not very well versed in leg excercises, they've been a pretty stubborn body part but idk if I've been training them right so maybe it's just my own inexperience and not so much them being stubborn. Props breh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
10 rep set of squats....don't think I've ever done that many reps :bryan: and my legs grow fast ass hell. 6 or 7 at most for me.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
SOHH.... I finally stopped fukking around and dedicated myself to a routine.
I chose Stronglifts, been at it for about a month. I can feel the general gains in strength between sessions and more of my flab disappearing. Committing myself to 1800 calories a day, increased my protein intake via bars/shakes.

When I think about it, I don't really have an "ultimate" goal. I began working out to lose weight, period. That's been successful so far. Now that I'm closer to my original goal of 195 lbs, I can't decide on which way I want to go. Stronglifts seems like an adequate solution to the problem I currently have: I'm not physically strong enough for my liking, and I want a better looking body. My midsection is still :flabbynsick: status. I think I'll keep at this for 2-3 more months and then make a personal thread on here. Thoughts?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
SOHH.... I finally stopped fukking around and dedicated myself to a routine.
I chose Stronglifts, been at it for about a month. I can feel the general gains in strength between sessions and more of my flab disappearing. Committing myself to 1800 calories a day, increased my protein intake via bars/shakes.

When I think about it, I don't really have an "ultimate" goal. I began working out to lose weight, period. That's been successful so far. Now that I'm closer to my original goal of 195 lbs, I can't decide on which way I want to go. Stronglifts seems like an adequate solution to the problem I currently have: I'm not physically strong enough for my liking, and I want a better looking body. My midsection is still :flabbynsick: status. I think I'll keep at this for 2-3 more months and then make a personal thread on here. Thoughts?

how big are you? if you are level headed about this a minor deficit(300-500) will allow you to go alot further with SL

glad to see someone whos got most of it together already :skip:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
attempted some goku presses(handstand press) today :skip: fell on my back in front of some geriatric man

he cackled wildly but i said to myself atleast i can attempt them :mjpls:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
how big are you? if you are level headed about this a minor deficit(300-500) will allow you to go alot further with SL

glad to see someone whos got most of it together already :skip:

5' 11"
212 LBS

I have a cousin that's going to be playing SEC ball next year. We're about the same height, but he's CUT at 175 (plays corner). Looking at his physique gives me an idea of what I'm capable of.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
5' 11"
212 LBS

I have a cousin that's going to be playing SEC ball next year. We're about the same height, but he's CUT at 175 (plays corner). Looking at his physique gives me an idea of what I'm capable of.

:ohhh: but yeah back to what i was saying, you can definitely get away with 2000 cal with high protein(180g+ per day)

if i did it all again i would have went as slow as possible, the end product is the most important thing and if you are deep in your lifting thats 10x better than most folks. if you can keep a consistent deficit and keep pushing your numbers up youll look good :hbk: just take it slow and trust the method

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
fukk this cut, I'm back on my bulk starting Monday. Clean bulking for a year. Tightening up my whole diet. Getting my macros right. No more carbs at night. Only late night snacks will be slices of turkey and chicken. Shooting for 20 to 25 lbs of pure muscle gain. Starting a whole new routine. Waking up an hour earlier to hit the gym before work so that im not rushing through lunch time. Will do strong lifts that I was supposed to last year. Might throw the coli in the bushes to focus more on school too

clipse "cot damn" - YouTube