Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Bro?

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and never envy that big shot in the gym benching crazy numbers. It simply doesnt translate into real strength.

example.

I was on the dip station doing weighted dips. These deebo powerlifting cats is doing sets of +135, and +180. The +135 they got like 3 reps. The +180 they could barely get 2.

Im sitting there like :obama: these dudes prolly double my weight and cant mess with me on this bar. So i get up there and bust out +160x4 real smooth feeling real :myman:

im finishing up my sets on the weighted dips, and see these same dudes hop on the incline bench, rack on 495 and bust out 5 reps, touching the chest.

im standing there like :dwillhuh: I can barely do 225:dwillhuh:

bottom line this means its not functional strength.
You realize that them being heavier than you means they're doing more, right?
Edit: pertaining to dips

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
I got a ring of fat orbiting my midsection that won't go away :noah:

MuffinTopMornDadMugAPR82010.jpg

:lolbron:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I got a ring of fat orbiting my midsection that won't go away :noah:

mine is getting smaller, that part is all diet, exercises that target those section. My ab workout wasn't really tearing up my lower ab like i wanted to, switched my routine and now im getting the tightness i've wanted.

and im about to start taking protein for like the 3rd time in my life.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
:pacspit: Resolution gym nikkas...I'll face the crowd tomorrow.

:beli: yeah i hate them taking up all the parking spots and making me make the :why: face when every bench or weight/barbell i want to use is taken by them and they are barely doing anything with them. it's frustrating as fukk.

but on the other hand, they usually give up by mid-feb and they just end up paying for all the new shyt my gym adds every year. i hate em now and thank them for their donation later on so :manny:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess I will go workout today... I don't really feel like it so Ima just hit up Zumba.

semtex

:)
Daps
Doin this pull-up/chin-up program while im home that's supposed to help you be able to do 50 consecutive pullups. Today's work:

15 pullups
12 chins
11 pullups
9 chins
8 pullups

90 seconds between sets. The last two sets are the worst. :whew:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOT THE FIRST WORKOUT OF 2013 IN @ 5AM....:umad:

:whoa:...im serious this year...half-assed it most of 2012...got really into it starting last october....

this is it.