Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two meals is good. The main thing you want to have is snacks. I posted my current meal plan in another thread.

I just went shopping I spent about $30...

I basically covered lunch and breakfast, dinner can be very subjective, depending what i have planned for the day...

Breakfast: 4-6 eggs, with salsa
2 packets of oatmeal
glass of soy milk
3 glasses of water with creatine
1 banana

Lunch: "shake" that consist of:
2-3 cups of yogurt
kale
spinach
ice
soy milk
cilantro
ginger
carrots
pomegranate juice
2 bananas
2 tbs of olive oil

snacks:
salad
nuts
soy milk
avocados

Maybe a shake, will be the missing link in your meal plan. I don't use any protein powder...
Keep wanting to try kale, has good nutritional values doesn't it? Oatmeal, that's one thing I forgot.

Yeah I'll be having two shakes a day most likely with semi skimmed milk so that will bring up the calories and protein.

That shake sounds good, even though the thought of spinach and kale in a shake doesn't sound all that nice :pachaha:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
That shake sounds good, even though the thought of spinach and kale in a shake doesn't sound all that nice :pachaha:

Can't say I've ever tasted, the spinach / kale combination. Bananas are the most receptive ingredient in this shake. I just see it as an opportunity to reach my daily vegetable intake, without cooking them...

Yeah kale, is filled with numerous vitamins.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
+1 on shakes

I would start the day with a fruit + protein smoothie

Have anything you want for lunch

Finish the day w/grilled or baked chicken (skinless but you can bread or season it) and 4-5 servings of veggies. Like I was saying earlier, these days when I want a snack I will have half a lb to a lb of peas or spinach or something. That shyt is like nutritional overload.

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
i used to hate squats. avoided them like the plague. But now I want some quads thatll show through my tailored italian cut suit:takedat:

so i just sucked it up and did em. Now that im sitting on a 435 squat i love them:inlove:

now I feel it in my whole body. my traps, middle back, calves, even my lats flexing i can feel my body struggling to stay stabilized with that weight on my back. :ahh:

its a different type of feeling once you lift that heavy. instead of a burn/tightness, i can literally feeel my nerves. I can feel them on some straight :bustback: status.

Feels alpha male brehs:smugdraper:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i used to hate squats. avoided them like the plague. But now I want some quads thatll show through my tailored italian cut suit:takedat:

so i just sucked it up and did em. Now that im sitting on a 435 squat i love them:inlove:

now I feel it in my whole body. my traps, middle back, calves, even my lats flexing i can feel my body struggling to stay stabilized with that weight on my back. :ahh:

its a different type of feeling once you lift that heavy. instead of a burn/tightness, i can literally feeel my nerves. I can feel them on some straight :bustback: status.

Feels alpha male brehs:smugdraper:
:to: :clap: :salute:

Most cats will never reach, that optimum level of strength and raw power...

I feel bad for the chicks though, they're ones who truly suffer: GOAT GIF...
5876d1349967559-meathead-humor-squat111.jpg

&

Last edited by a moderator:

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh and never envy that big shot in the gym benching crazy numbers. It simply doesnt translate into real strength.

example.

I was on the dip station doing weighted dips. These deebo powerlifting cats is doing sets of +135, and +180. The +135 they got like 3 reps. The +180 they could barely get 2.

Im sitting there like :obama: these dudes prolly double my weight and cant mess with me on this bar. So i get up there and bust out +160x4 real smooth feeling real :myman:

im finishing up my sets on the weighted dips, and see these same dudes hop on the incline bench, rack on 495 and bust out 5 reps, touching the chest.

im standing there like :dwillhuh: I can barely do 225:dwillhuh:

bottom line this means its not functional strength.

semtex

:)
Daps
Oh and never envy that big shot in the gym benching crazy numbers. It simply doesnt translate into real strength.

example.

I was on the dip station doing weighted dips. These deebo powerlifting cats is doing sets of +135, and +180. The +135 they got like 3 reps. The +180 they could barely get 2.

Im sitting there like :obama: these dudes prolly double my weight and cant mess with me on this bar. So i get up there and bust out +160x4 real smooth feeling real :myman:

im finishing up my sets on the weighted dips, and see these same dudes hop on the incline bench, rack on 495 and bust out 5 reps, touching the chest.

im standing there like :dwillhuh: I can barely do 225:dwillhuh:

bottom line this means its not functional strength.
:skip: it's just a different exercise. You're a good dipper they're good benchers

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
:skip: it's just a different exercise. You're a good dipper they're good benchers

the point is it isnt translating.

I weigh about 170. 170+160 = 330lb press. Friday I flat benched for a max of 315x4. Pretty even..

these dudes was about 250-300. +135= 385-435lb dip press x3. Yet was incline benching 495x5:stopitslime: last week i seen them do 585x5 on the flat bench

Same thing I see on the pullup bar. These bodybuilding dudes who only work pulldown get on it and rack 300, but when it comes to bw pullups they can barely do 5 reps. Whereas I solely work weighted pullups and do +160x4, and last time i tested the pulldown i racked the whole thing 300lbs for 8 reps.