Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
60% your 1 rep max

It is ridiculously hard.

Dog, I've been doing a GVT-inspired routine for a little over a month now and the results have been immediate. I'm more cut the fukk up already off this shyt. The downside is my actual bones in my arm are aching like hell.
:why:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Dog, I've been doing a GVT-inspired routine for a little over a month now and the results have been immediate. I'm more cut the fukk up already off this shyt. The downside is my actual bones in my arm are aching like hell.
:why:

shyt is just an amazing routine, it's been ages since I felt like I was actually working out hard in the gym. My chest feels like it's made of granite only after 3 weeks, I haven't had any pain associated with it yet but I have noticed I'm losing weight :wtf:

I was only going to do this for 4-6 weeks, but now I'm wondering what kind of results I could get after 6 months :whoo:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
shyt is just an amazing routine, it's been ages since I felt like I was actually working out hard in the gym. My chest feels like it's made of granite only after 3 weeks, I haven't had any pain associated with it yet but I have noticed I'm losing weight :wtf:

I was only going to do this for 4-6 weeks, but now I'm wondering what kind of results I could get after 6 months :whoo:

i just started back on PHAT last night but all this GVT talk got me wanting to switch routines. but even just the thought of the basic bench press part (60% of my 1RM max of 315 being about 185 for 10x10) has me shook as fukk. i'm fairly certain i can't do that sh!t, let alone other exercises after that.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've done a lot of research on workout routines, read a bunch of interviews with experts who actually use the routines, etc. and the GVT stuff intrigued me the most. But it seemed like there could be some repercussions for your joints if you did this shyt for 6 months. Then again, there are some cats who switch over to GVT and never go back to their old routines, so :manny:

I've been doing an insane routine of GVT-style supersets with 90 seconds between each exercise, followed by 5-7 minutes of HIIT elliptical at the end of each round. I do 5 rounds total, which comes out to between 75 and 100 reps per exercise, and 38 minutes of HIIT (5 minute warmup, 7 minutes after first 4 rounds, 5 minute cool down after the last round).

This shyt got me walking on air. I didn't think it was possible, but my hair even looks worked out. Concentration curls, don't even ask me how.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
i just started back on PHAT last night but all this GVT talk got me wanting to switch routines. but even just the thought of the basic bench press part (60% of my 1RM max of 315 being about 185 for 10x10) has me shook as fukk. i'm fairly certain i can't do that sh!t, let alone other exercises after that.

I'm not gonna front, I started out 25lbs lower than I was supposed to on bench, there was no way in hell I was gonna try to bench 230lbs 10 set without a spotter. Since then I've ramped up the weight and on BB decline I was able to do 225lbs for 10 sets, you're not always going to get 10 reps in but the goal is to aim high.

The biggest issue I have is that my shoulders are completely dead by the time I'm supposed to hit them and it's the biggest struggle out of all the exercises. I don't know what my 1rep max is for DB shoulder press, so I just use 60lbers, and it is horrible beyond belief. And when I do the OHP, I feel like the bar is going to smash into my face at some point :sadcam:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not gonna front, I started out 25lbs lower than I was supposed to on bench, there was no way in hell I was gonna try to bench 230lbs 10 set without a spotter. Since then I've ramped up the weight and on BB decline I was able to do 225lbs for 10 sets, you're not always going to get 10 reps in but the goal is to aim high.

The biggest issue I have is that my shoulders are completely dead by the time I'm supposed to hit them and it's the biggest struggle out of all the exercises. I don't know what my 1rep max is for DB shoulder press, so I just use 60lbers, and it is horrible beyond belief. And when I do the OHP, I feel like the bar is going to smash into my face at some point :sadcam:

Yeah, even with lighter weights by my 3rd set my shoulders feel like I've been carrying the world for a day.

My cousin trains professional athletes and he told me that even though I used to be a high level athlete, he thinks doing the HIIT between circuits is too much. But those 7 minutes give me time to get my mind focused on the next time through, or else that feeling in the shoulders might make me tap out.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps

have you had to up your calories to keep up w the work load?

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Had to edit out the face to protect the God's identity, but look at the muscle definition on the side curls. Them shyts about to need some protein directly applied to the surface just to keep up with the new routine.

2d98pqs.jpg

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, even with lighter weights by my 3rd set my shoulders feel like I've been carrying the world for a day.

My cousin trains professional athletes and he told me that even though I used to be a high level athlete, he thinks doing the HIIT between circuits is too much. But those 7 minutes give me time to get my mind focused on the next time through, or else that feeling in the shoulders might make me tap out.

I might give that a try, I notice I keep running out of time, I usually go to the gym now at around 8:30 and they close at 10, almost never get time in for proper cardio.

have you had to up your calories to keep up w the work load?

Only slightly, I'm not really in a cut or a bulk right now, just sort of in limbo in regards to diet. As long as my strength remains constant the slight weight loss doesn't bother me too much, plus I'm seeing prominent veins between my chest and shoulders now :Jihad:

Had to edit out the face to protect the God's identity, but look at the muscle definition on the side curls. Them shyts about to need some protein directly applied to the surface just to keep up with the new routine.

2d98pqs.jpg

*cleans history so girl can't see this nikka*

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I might give that a try, I notice I keep running out of time, I usually go to the gym now at around 8:30 and they close at 10, almost never get time in for proper cardio.

Yo, this shyt takes up a lot of time, my g. I'm setting my own schedule right now doing consultant work, so I can accommodate it. But it looks like I might be getting back on a more structured grind because of an offer I got, and I don't know how I'm going to keep this up in that case.

*cleans history so girl can't see this nikka*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, I really can't drop face pics or body pics (I have very unique tattoos that could identify me) on this site. It's too fresh in my mind how reckless and loserish too many of these posters can be. Cats making dating profiles on gay websites with your face, saving your personal pics to their hard drives and doing blogs about it and shyt... That shyt happens with me, I'm not stopping until I see you in the physical. So it's best to keep the anonymity.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps

2d98pqs.jpg

that good good hair :ohlawd:

http://images.*****.org/sp/src/1352410971691.gif