Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Fam, around the 8th set I was looking around to see who was close to me just in case I needed someone to get the bar off me :laugh: Easily the hardest routine I've ever done, shyt is just no joke.

In a few days, you'll notice that your chest feels harder than before, I don't know how to explain it but you can feel an immediate change. I'm going to run it for 6 weeks, then switch up to 2-3 weeks of just bodyweight, then get back on it.

would you suggest this on a cut? i been doing heavy weight/low reps but i was looking to switch it up before i start bulking in a month or so.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
would you suggest this on a cut? i been doing heavy weight/low reps but i was looking to switch it up before i start bulking in a month or so.

keep one thing in mind about hypertrophy routines

is all the weights you start at are a % of your 1 rep max

so if you are benching lets say 200 1RM, something like GVT bench 10 sets of 5 is gonna end up being only 120lb which isnt bad

but if your 1RM is only 150 :huhldup:

the point being is the higher your existing strength thresholds the better hypertrophy will be for you

$ .02

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

I don't know, never really did a full fledge cut before. I lost weight over the spring/summer while on PHAT, but that was from just changing up my diet slightly, cutting out breads and juice.

From what I've read, you can bulk while you're doing GVT, I will say it takes a lot of energy.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
keep one thing in mind about hypertrophy routines

is all the weights you start at are a % of your 1 rep max

so if you are benching lets say 200 1RM, something like GVT bench 10 sets of 5 is gonna end up being only 120lb which isnt bad

but if your 1RM is only 150 :huhldup:

the point being is the higher your existing strength thresholds the better hypertrophy will be for you

$ .02
yea my 1rm is 205, was 225 but lost 20 pounds and didnt maintain.

and good looks wilt.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
damn, i wish i could do pullups/chinups but its no way in hell i can do 10 sets of 10 reps

do lat pulldowns count for this?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
damn, i wish i could do pullups/chinups but its no way in hell i can do 10 sets of 10 reps

do lat pulldowns count for this?

On your next push day, do some pullups, and the next pull day, do some pushups. Instead of resting on the back to back days off, do both pullups and pushups, that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day

LOL Me: I've got to start eating cleaner....
Dad: "Wanna go for burgers?!"
Me: :gladbron::manny:

Burgers always win...
:heh::flabbynsick:

orders the double cheese burger with extra lettuce

takes out the bun:youngsabo:

employees looking at me like:wtb:because I wasted bread

:D

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
orders the double cheese burger with extra lettuce

takes out the bun:youngsabo:

employees looking at me like:wtb:because I wasted bread

:D

:stopitslime: *eats my burger including bun*
*eats your bun too*
:birdman::what:

*is only half joking because I've actually done this*

LOL the way I see it, My eating habits for the last....ehh three years or so have been INSANELY restrictive. To a completely ridiculous and unhealthy degree. I can easily justify a few burgers to myself lol

Although that is a good point, I could EASILY lay off a LOT of the carbs I'm taking in... but bread >>>>>> life. :krs:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
Back on the grind trying to keep up my fitness with this full time sit at a desk job...

todays workout:

100 pushups
100 bodyweight squats
25 lunges
5o curls
50 calf raises
25 pulups
25 dips
25 burpees
50 situps
1 mile run

damn havnt posted in a minute someone threw me in red saying fukk yankees :snoop:

semtex

:)
Daps
Back on the grind trying to keep up my fitness with this full time sit at a desk job...

todays workout:

100 pushups
100 bodyweight squats
25 lunges
5o curls
50 calf raises
25 pulups
25 dips
25 burpees
50 situps
1 mile run

damn havnt posted in a minute someone threw me in red saying fukk yankees :snoop:
If u can do 100 air squats then its time to graduate to split squats. U can save time. And also hip push-ups will smoke everything above your waist in under 10 reps