Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Wanted to hit legs yesterday but it was perfect nap weather so I said screw it. Gonna hit these joints later tho.
What has happened recently is I hit legs 2 days in a row because it's easier for me to go heavy on that 2nd day if I do some light work on the 1st day.
Never been like that until recently but it helps.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Deload week always got me like

CSRLecpWUAEE_Mu.jpg

But it's better to be feening and scratching than beat the fukk up and dreading the next workout. If yall ain't on the deload wave :ufdup:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Damn I'm in love with 5x5 :wow:

I can squat and deadlift some heavy weights with zero back problems but as soon as I do leg press which supposedly is the easier workout, my back problems come back :gucci:

Your back is rounding at the bottom.

Either don't go so deep, or do one leg at a time(with the opposite leg grounded) til your flexibility improves.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Back in high school when I tried to squat I never liked it cause it didn't feel comfortable, felt like the bar sat on my back funny and gave my arms a numbness feeling.
Today I tried squatting again and still got the same feeling. Am I fukking something up?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Back in high school when I tried to squat I never liked it cause it didn't feel comfortable, felt like the bar sat on my back funny and gave my arms a numbness feeling.
Today I tried squatting again and still got the same feeling. Am I fukking something up?
Hard to say without video but an underrated element of squatting is bar placement and to some degree your muscle development in your upper back. IMO you have to control the bar to the extent of that being part of the exercise. Think of your upper back as the shelf the bar sits on. Focus on controlling the bar in that regard as that's really your starting point.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
sounds like cervical compression (I'd advise to stay away from squats if you're getting that feeling)....you might have too much weight with relation to your upper back strength. I would chill on w/e weight you were doing until you build up your traps and other middle/upper back up some more. Also work on core exercises to build up that strength also.

Edit: Not trying to scare you but I consider lifting as a marathon....too much weight too soon/poor technique can cause issues down the road.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
sounds like cervical compression (I'd advise to stay away from squats if you're getting that feeling)....you might have too much weight with relation to your upper back strength. I would chill on w/e weight you were doing until you build up your traps and other middle/upper back up some more. Also work on core exercises to build up that strength also.

Edit: Not trying to scare you but I consider lifting as a marathon....too much weight too soon/poor technique can cause issues down the road.

I was doing the bar for a few reps :pachaha:

Then 135 5x10 and the weight wasn't too heavy I barely felt it on the actual lift. It's just I was losing feeling in my arms