Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Wait you lost libido by not eating beef and chicken?

I think what he's saying is that by eating Lamb and Fish helped him NOT lose his libido. I think not eating meat and not getting an adequate supply of zinc and iron may cause a drop in libido. I think Iron more so but I'm not 100%

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I may just need to throw deadlifts to the bushes for a while. My lower back feels sore and "warm". :francis:

It's a bummer because deadlifts are probably my favorite exercise.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I may just need to throw deadlifts to the bushes for a while. My lower back feels sore and "warm". :francis:

Tear you form down and start over.

Focus on movements that will increase your lower back and posterior chain strength

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
What kind of exercises? I may also lower the weight on my DLs. and take it slow.
Box Squats
Banded Good mornings
Zercher Squats

Also high rep deads might not be for you, nothing wrong with that being the case. Ultimately it’s a movement about form. Do the rep range that allows you to keep your best form.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Box Squats
Banded Good mornings
Zercher Squats

Also high rep deads might not be for you, nothing wrong with that being the case. Ultimately it’s a movement about form. Do the rep range that allows you to keep your best form.

Right now I'm more on the low rep, high weight side. 6 reps of 285 for 4 sets.

I may drop it down to 250 and work on my strenghth and form a tad more (though people have said it's good).

Good looks on the exercise advice. Might shoot for Good Mornings and hyperextensions to tighten th back muscles.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Finally got into the 300s on my high rep squats/deads yesterday. No problems

A year ago I was squatting 250 in the same rep ranges, and I weighed more. And I was getting that luxurious pre-parent sleep. 50lb in a year! The shyt is bugging me out brehs :mindblown: :wow:

I really want to cut this year. I KNOW I made some good gains. I just don't have time for cardio......
Remember i was doing that at 19 :lolbron:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Yeah do it, better safe than sorry, id also be focused on stretching more.

Consider this, the range of motion for deadlifting is similar to a squat. So practice doing air squats to make sure your form is correct. Bad form is usually a precursor to injury.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Right now I'm more on the low rep, high weight side. 6 reps of 285 for 4 sets.

I may drop it down to 250 and work on my strenghth and form a tad more (though people have said it's good).

Good looks on the exercise advice. Might shoot for Good Mornings and hyperextensions to tighten th back muscles.

I do 308lbs for 5x5 and that mobility/stretching aspect is really not to be underestimated. I do mobility/stretching every day and its great for your performance in the gym. On the other hand I immediately notice when I skip it for a while. Just experienced this last week, had been skacking on it for a couple weeks and my lower back was on some :flabbynsick: shyt after my workout. Been totally back on my stretching/mobility routine the last few days and its back to normal/non flabby :pachaha:
So do mobility/stretching breh if you aint already doing it, regularly :ufdup: