Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
so a brotha lost his mind in publix bakery. got some carrot cake and like 24 cookies cause the were bogo. got damn bogo sign will have me buying anything :yeayea:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
so a brotha lost his mind in publix bakery. got some carrot cake and like 24 cookies cause the were bogo. got damn bogo sign will have me buying anything :yeayea:
:wow: that sound good as hell right now.

Tonight I prepped some Chicken Nachos with Non dairy queso (made out of cashews), sweet potato chips, and guac.
26757233_10157103994357627_456553726298778451_o.jpg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Okay, so i guess im starting to eat healthy this year. Im definitely getting tired of junk food. Didnt take ant snacks with me for lunch. Been drinking water lately, im also tired of soda. So even though im starting small, im sure if i keep it up, i can break those bad eating habits.

So, what do you guys recommend for beginners? Especially food wise?

Also, is it more effective to work out at home or the gym? Asking because i have 2 Jillian Michaels dvds...also, if more effective without the gym, what health/ workout apps do you guys reccomend?

Sorry if its a lpt of questions, but im serious of getting my body back as well as my confidence.

Biggest step you took was in cutting out sugary drinks. Water is all you need outside of the occasional mixer (if you do drink).

I say as far as what to actually eat, that's a bit difficult to say outright because everyone's palette is different. I'd say a good place to start is tracking what you eat (if you are trying to lose weight). Also, try to ensure most of the foods you eat are whole foods and not processed. A good rule of thumb: If you're grandparents wouldn't recognize it as "real" food then it probably isn't. Whole foods tend to be more nutrient dense and will keep you full for a longer period of time than non-whole foods.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
proud of myself today - body was working against me in every fukking way - headache, nausea, cramps :beli: but still hit the gym this morning and knocked out legs, deadlifts were kinda :flabbynsick: but at least i did it :ufdup:

Eating my first batch of savory oatmeal

Ground chicken (seasoned with Mrs Dash)
Old fashioned Oatmeal (cooked in microeave)
Half ounce shredded parmesan
Fried egg runny yolk
Seasoned with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes

Looks like shyt and tastes great!
welcome :blessed:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Still trying figure out how an entire bank of mirrors across from a squat racks got busted

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Might have to try this :ld:
but what the hell is vegetarian chicken broth? sounds like an oxymoron to me :pachaha:
tastes like chicken broth but vegetarian :yeshrug: i don't like vegetable broth in anything, but i also try to cut out animal products where unnecesary

vegetarian-no-chicken-broth.png

Okay, so i guess im starting to eat healthy this year. Im definitely getting tired of junk food. Didnt take ant snacks with me for lunch. Been drinking water lately, im also tired of soda. So even though im starting small, im sure if i keep it up, i can break those bad eating habits.

So, what do you guys recommend for beginners? Especially food wise?

Also, is it more effective to work out at home or the gym? Asking because i have 2 Jillian Michaels dvds...also, if more effective without the gym, what health/ workout apps do you guys reccomend?

Sorry if its a lpt of questions, but im serious of getting my body back as well as my confidence.
IMO, best thing to do is create a meal plan, don't wing it. plan your meals for the week with your target calories in mind. i usually have two templates, two versions of breakfast and snacks, lunch is the same - tho some days i add avocado to my salad for good fat instead of having nuts as a snack, dinner is always seafood and veggies (or if i'm being lazy AF, a plant based nutritional shake and veggies). i recommend the 21 day fix meal plan, easy way to learn to build the right mix of food and serving size for you. me and a few friends had great success with it.

as for home vs. gym - only you can figure that out. i like working out at the gym more because i clearly have more space to really move around, dont have to worry about disturbing neighbors jumping around in my living room, etc. i'm also competitive so working out in front of people (or with them in group classes) makes me go harder. as far as at home workouts, depends on your goal, but i like chalean xtreme and her turbo fire series, i also like insanity (but i wouldn't recommend if you're really heavy). a couple of my girls love the fitnessblendr videos, they have lots of free stuff. in fact, just browse youtube, a lot of good free stuff on there