Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TMillzy

Pro
Daps
Can somebody help me with cardio? I'm trying to lean out and get my body fat down for more muscle definition. I'm 5'7 175 lbs 22% BF. I want to get my muscles bigger but really want to lean out and get that BF down and I know cardio is a must. Can somebody put me up on game? I lift about 4-6 days a week.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Can somebody help me with cardio? I'm trying to lean out and get my body fat down for more muscle definition. I'm 5'7 175 lbs 22% BF. I want to get my muscles bigger but really want to lean out and get that BF down and I know cardio is a must. Can somebody put me up on game? I lift about 4-6 days a week.

diet

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

O shyt look at birdchest tryin to work it out. You tryin to get brolic? :dj2:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
6 days is too much... get a consistent 3-4 day routine

Get more protein and less carbs (but dont cut carbs out completely. I would just go for healthier carbs like oats and veggies and shyt)

Do cardio but not HIIT

For cutting you need to cut down volume a ton & take diet breaks every 6 to 8 weeks. And of course get your calorie game on point. Honestly though unless you are in Argentina you should be working to build muscle now.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
6 days is too much... get a consistent 3-4 day routine

Get more protein and less carbs (but dont cut carbs out completely. I would just go for healthier carbs like oats and veggies and shyt)

Do cardio but not HIIT

For cutting you need to cut down volume a ton & take diet breaks every 6 to 8 weeks. And of course get your calorie game on point. Honestly though unless you are in Argentina you should be working to build muscle now.

Why not HITT?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Why not HITT?
When you are in a cut your body is in survival mode, you dont have the reserves to maintain muscle & deal with such stress. But it has to deal with the stress so its gonna prioritize that over maintaining muscle. IME its just not necessary. You get your heart rate up around 70-80% of max for 30 or so mins you should be good

Its all what you wanna do too... but dude said he wants to focus on getting "toned"... which to me means preserving muscle. Biggest thing in a cut is doing as little as possible to keep the body in as low a state of stress as possible, while stimulating muscle enough to maintain mass.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
When you are in a cut your body is in survival mode, you dont have the reserves to maintain muscle & deal with such stress. But it has to deal with the stress so its gonna prioritize that over maintaining muscle. IME its just not necessary. You get your heart rate up around 70-80% of max for 30 or so mins you should be good

Its all what you wanna do too... but dude said he wants to focus on getting "toned"... which to me means preserving muscle. Biggest thing in a cut is doing as little as possible to keep the body in as low a state of stress as possible, while stimulating muscle enough to maintain mass.

Got it, I was applying the term "cut" to something different in my mind so this make sense.

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Since the summer is over I guess I am going to start my first bulk.
Need some advice though, Do you just stop doing cardio all together during bulks, how long do you bulk and how many calories do you increase you consumption by