Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the point of bulking/cutting? I know what it is and all that, but why do it at all. Seems like too much work and stress.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What's the point of bulking/cutting? I know what it is and all that, but why do it at all. Seems like too much work and stress.

Paying $20-$40 a month to put yourself under physical stress with no aspiration to alter body composition doesn't sound like a smart way to spend ones time and money.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Since the summer is over I guess I am going to start my first bulk.
Need some advice though, Do you just stop doing cardio all together during bulks, how long do you bulk and how many calories do you increase you consumption by

I would keep doing light cardio and keep weight gain at or under half a lb a week max

Paying $20-$40 a month to put yourself under physical stress with no aspiration to alter body composition doesn't sound like a smart way to spend ones time and money.

Where you been at :damn:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My weight fluctuates like no other I swear it changes around 8 Lb a week never know what my true weight is:beli:
Do you measure your weight at the same time of the day

Best bet is to only do it after you wake up. I have gained/lost lbs over the course of a day. Water weight is enough to throw you off (a gallon of water is 8lb)

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So are you saying that one can't alter their body composition w/out bulking/cutting? I would disagree, but it's whatever...just thought i'd ask.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So are you saying that one can't alter their body composition w/out bulking/cutting? I would disagree, but it's whatever...just thought i'd ask.
If you want to gain muscle, unless you are starting off very fat, you have to gain weight (and a little fat).

Bulking + cutting don't have to involve putting on or losing like 30lb in a month. It should be slow.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to gain muscle, unless you are starting off very fat, you have to gain weight (and a little fat).

Bulking + cutting don't have to involve putting on or losing like 30lb in a month. It should be slow.

I'm well aware of the process of gaining muscle...i wasknow just confusedwanted with the way cats on here are talking they'll gain 20-30 lbs., then shed it to get that definition, only to do it again and again. That has me like :what:.

I appreciate the non-smart ass response.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm well aware of the process of gaining muscle...i wasknow just confusedwanted with the way cats on here are talking they'll gain 20-30 lbs., then shed it to get that definition, only to do it again and again. That has me like :what:.

Better nutrient partitioning with lower BF%.

The 20-30lbs bulk thing has to be critiqued in context. Over 2 months? Over 4 or more? Beginner? Advanced? You won't have to lose it all to get the same definition you started with either.

Part of the game, breh.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
just started this
P4130001.jpg

every rep i've talked to from GNC says its very good for post workout. it supposed to help a lot with recovery. something i noticed i've struggled with the past two weeks.

i'm also taking the Mega Men muilt-vitamin with Cellecur Super HD. gotta make sure you eat after you drink the Wheybolic if you've taken that Super HD shyt will have you too fukking amped. i'm doing pretty good with it for my first day.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
just started this
P4130001.jpg

every rep i've talked to from GNC says its very good for post workout. it supposed to help a lot with recovery. something i noticed i've struggled with the past two weeks.

i'm also taking the Mega Men muilt-vitamin with Cellecur Super HD. gotta make sure you eat after you drink the Wheybolic if you've taken that Super HD shyt will have you too fukking amped. i'm doing pretty good with it for my first day.

:skip:

i dont doubt its good, but theres a hellacious markup at GNC, they just making a commission off of you