Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
My military press is stuck on 165ish:noah:

Im trying to get to 225x3:beli:

But I got the 500 rack pull though:win:.. Once my grip gets up to par I should be ripping it from the floor. 500 is my all time goal brehs, im on my victory lap:to:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Law school is taking a huge toll on my diet and my will to exercise. Now I understand why every lawyer I see is fat. Always eating on the run or snacking while working. :mjpls:

i need a new split.. school is killing my workouts so I can't take the weekends off anymore. I'mma start working out Saturday and Sunday's but idk what days to take off.. Suggestions?

I try telling yall cats, SL is the way to go if you're a busy person.

You only have to hit the gym 2-3 times a week, plus you're able to target all the major muscle groups in your body :whistle:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I try telling yall cats, SL is the way to go if you're a busy person.

You only have to hit the gym 2-3 times a week, plus you're able to target all the major muscle groups in your body :whistle:

I'll have to look into it...grad school got me busy and PHAT is physically tiring. :leostare:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'll have to look into it...grad school got me busy and PHAT is physically tiring. :leostare:

Honestly, I've never tried PHAT, because I know my time is limited, and trying to make it to the Gym 4-6 times a week aint happening no matter how brief, I'd be able manipulate the training session, despite the gym being less than 2 minutes away(car).

I'm a realist :myman: Life happens :manny: sohh I plan to fail, not the other way around.

My body is still on point for the most part. :smugfavre:

OT: what are you studying?

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Honestly, I've never tried PHAT, because I know my time is limited, and trying to make it to the Gym 4-6 times a week aint happening no matter how brief, I'd be able manipulate the training session, despite the gym being less than 2 minutes away(car).

I'm a realist :myman: Life happens :manny: sohh I plan to fail, not the other way around.

My body is still on point for the most part. :smugfavre:

OT: what are you studying?

Mathematics. :whoo:

What version of SL do you recommend...there are various ones. :dwillhuh:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
considering the point is to gain strength as quickly as possible

the latest one :manny: i have the original E-book in the workout sticky for what its worth tho

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Mathematics. :whoo:

What version of SL do you recommend...there are various ones. :dwillhuh:
Nice, there's cushy 100+k job with bonuses on wall street waiting for you :win: :mj:

I personally do a modified version of SL, because I love the feeling of Deadlifting every workout session :birdman:

But this cool for starting out...

workout A:

Squat 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5

Workout B:
Squat 5x5
Overhead Press: 5x5
Deadlift: 1x5

Then Do ABA format and switch to BAB.....

It's harder than it looks....

You can get this workout done easily in 30 Minutes.....

I was able to get my numbers and weight up through this regime.....

Getting your weight up will depend on your diet, calories in vs calories out....

You can bulk or cut.....

Best believe your overhead press numbers will shoot up in no time. I remember barely being able to do a barbell with 25's, now I can do a 45 + 25's, from the ground straight up :win:

Not to mention, when you squat 3x a week, your legs take on a new form of life. The power of having strong legs from squats is indescribable.....

It's Gawd status.....

This was one of the GOAT contributions, MMSex brought to the fit forum back on sohh.....

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
i appreciate the accolades but it was DIGGY who put us all on to StrongLifts :wow:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
So arms/calves will be taken care of with the core exercises or is that supplementary? How much weight should I do? 5RM? :wtf:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i appreciate the accolades but it was DIGGY who put us all on to StrongLifts :wow:
Fair enough :ehh:

So arms/calves will be taken care of with the core exercises or is that supplementary? How much weight should I do? 5RM? :wtf:

M3h, you can do those on the side. I generally throw in pull-ups and dips to cover the arms.

You can do calf raises in between sets of squats or directly after squats.

The main thing you'll notice is a perfectly symmetrical body. Your arms won't be huge per se, but every part of your body will be perfectly congruent. Arms are easy to get imo. Getting everything else takes hard work.....

Your arms will also increase in size naturally through deadlifts and barbell rows.

Being Symmetrical >>>> having huge biceps, no legs and mediocre shoulders....

As far as weight it's 80% of your 1 rep max.....

It has to be enough to get you through 5x5. Don't try to go too heavy at first. I'd start at a mediocre weight than gradually climb up.

I think you mentioned your max squats is at 275lbs, scale back down to 225lbs, then increase the weight over time. You'll be cracking 3 plates like nothing, by the end of October

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
which "scared of the squat rack" p*ssy ass mf 1 starred this thread after 3+ months???

:birdman:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I think you mentioned your max squats is at 275lbs, scale back down to 225lbs, then increase the weight over time. You'll be cracking 3 plates like nothing, by the end of October

Did 285lbs. 3x3 yesterday...good looking ya'll. :obama: I'm going to start Sunday.