Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I need to quit being a bytch and man up...going to skip PHAT for the week on my leg days and just practice my deadlift and ATG squats. :noah:

Do you guys wear belts or shoulder pads for any leg exercises?

getMoney$

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to quit being a bytch and man up...going to skip PHAT for the week on my leg days and just practice my deadlift and ATG squats. :noah:

Do you guys wear belts or shoulder pads for any leg exercises?

I go raw for now, but I'm thinking about using a belt for that 405+ dead

I do use a pad for squats :to:

That bar be killing me with any weight over 225

malc

WSGT$
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
started my bulk nearly 2 weeks ago... pretty newb with bulking but I know the basics, hopefully I do good with this one :smile:

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Don't use belts for squats unless it's a max. You're going to get dependant on it

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
After almost breaking my nose doing incline bench, today I used the smith machine to do it. The confidence made my max go up 20 pounds, anyone think the negatives out weight the positives of the smith machine? The negatives I noticed were range of motion and stabilizing muscles.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
After almost breaking my nose doing incline bench, today I used the smith machine to do it. The confidence made my max go up 20 pounds, anyone think the negatives out weight the positives of the smith machine? The negatives I noticed were range of motion and stabilizing muscles.

Hope you know the Smith machine balances the weight for you therefore allowing you to do "heavier" weights. :aicmon:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm going to try deadlifts routinely tomorrow. shyt be having em scared I'm going to snap my back in half. :snoop:

in the past when i did them i did them with no belt...last summer i had some bad flareups from an old back injury years ago from deadlifting that way..the pain i was dealing with i wouldn't wish that on anyone...then i have to start from beginning....but as ppl said the gains you get from them are amazing...so i have the belt on tight when im doing them and watch my form at all times

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Went in for power day for legs at my school gym...they have a real squat rack not just the half one.

I decided to put a bench underneath me...really helps. My mind is clear and not worrying about am I going low enough.

135x10x1
225x6x2
275x3x2 (highest I ever done with proper form :krs:)

Did some still legged deadlifts and then decided to try some deadlifts...:obama:

135x10...185x6...225x6....then I tried 295 with the belt...got two reps. I'm curious to see what I can attempt doing dead-lifts with fresh legs at the beginning of my workout.

I know it's stupid doing deadlifts and squats in the same day. Just had that urge. :whoo: