Rakim "God's Network: Rebirth'' Discussion Thread

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Something is off about this album. I know for one the features from DMX and Snoop is misleading. It seems like a money grab and not a real album even Rakim would stand behind but he is.

I may make a thread later cause it's music friday but like someone said earlier when this album was first announced and the thread went up that it's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS something shady with M-80.

I went looking for this Nip and Planet Asia song Rakim have cause it was promote on IG and came across a video by some members of the Nation of God and Earths (or as some like to refer to them as Five Percenters) addressing the ORIGINAL cover art ---- basically they had to get King Sun and a couple of other brothers to get him to correct it. Cause the original art work to this was Off and seen as disrespectful. The basically at first thought it was Rakim doing but it was M-80 . The bro basically "intelligently scolded the hell out of him" on IG Live

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's bad? That first single was dope. Initially I was thinking damn I hope he didn't fall for some bullshyt. He got some money last year and I figured an album was coming...just hoped it wouldn't be some white boy scam that often happens to older rappers. And lo and behold today in the thread I realize M-80 is involved lol.

My advice to legends is always gonna be the same...go talk to Guru and 9th Wonder. Or Questlove. Somebody who is gonna either directly work with you or point you in the direction where someone from the culture can help. I'm not saying all white dudes are snakes, especially in an industry where there are plenty of black men snaking black men. But there's a pattern of washed up white dudes with trumped off resumes from 20 years ago who always find a way into legend's camps and try to eat off their shows while pimping bullshyt new albums. G Rap was in that situation about a decade ago, multiple black artists have dealt with that fukkboy Egon, etc. You don't need somebody taking your shyt over a project that's not even gonna sell a lot...keep your money, press some vinyl, tour (mainly in Europe), and eat. It's not hard.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's bad? That first single was dope. Initially I was thinking damn I hope he didn't fall for some bullshyt. He got some money last year and I figured an album was coming...just hoped it wouldn't be some white boy scam that often happens to older rappers. And lo and behold today in the thread I realize M-80 is involved lol.

My advice to legends is always gonna be the same...go talk to Guru and 9th Wonder. Or Questlove. Somebody who is gonna either directly work with you or point you in the direction where someone from the culture can help. I'm not saying all white dudes are snakes, especially in an industry where there are plenty of black men snaking black men. But there's a pattern of washed up white dudes with trumped off resumes from 20 years ago who always find a way into legend's camps and try to eat off their shows while pimping bullshyt new albums. G Rap was in that situation about a decade ago, multiple black artists have dealt with that fukkboy Egon, etc. You don't need somebody taking your shyt over a project that's not even gonna sell a lot...keep your money, press some vinyl, tour (mainly in Europe), and eat. It's not hard.
Cac does seem shady. But all cacs do to me.

Speaking of Kool G. This joint has my favorite beat on the album. Wish Ra spit a verse though, friend.