Rakim "God's Network: Rebirth'' Discussion Thread

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The one on Tidal:

Rakim-1718982014.jpg

It just feels like one of those cheap indie albums from the 2000s. I know you can't judge a book by its cover but :patrice:
:whoa:

That sh!t is fire to me. Has that updated 80s feel with SergioTacchini track suit. Way better cover than “The Master” and “18th Letter” album covers:mjlol:, friend.

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:whoa:

That sh!t is fire to me. Has that updated 80s feel with SergioTacchini track suit. Way better cover than “The Master” and “18th Letter” album covers:mjlol:, friend.

No lie the 18th Letter turned me away like shyt back in the day. Dude had them lushful eyes with no shirt on :dame:

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So far its aight. Rakim needs the Griselda treatment. I'm talking the GOD over Conductor beats, Alc jawns, and collabs with Boldy. He's one of them old heads that need that stimulus and not so much this lazy effort of events. I honestly feel this album is basically throwaways, mixes, and phone ins because :francis:

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
I know M80s history but if what you said is true then I don't see that as a bad thing because we got a Rakim EP in 2024 out of it. Sounds like if he didn't do that it would be 15 years later and still nothing from Rakim. I'd rather something over nothing.

that's basically how i feel. it's been 15 years already, give us something :feedme:

M.80 seems like a bullshyt cac, but its not bad for what its worth.

the beats are dope, the songs aren't bad for the brief runtime, but the project would've been 100 times better if Ra had a verse on each song.

i still feel he should've done that album on Aftermath since this EP features a few drug dealer, "nikka" and "bytch" guest verses; and on his last album, he rapped on a bunch of knock-off Dre beats anyway.

MadScientist

Rookie
Daps
How did yall feel about the Canibus verse ? Haven’t seen that man since The Notebook

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
So far its aight. Rakim needs the Griselda treatment. I'm talking the GOD over Conductor beats, Alc jawns, and collabs with Boldy. He's one of them old heads that need that stimulus and not so much this lazy effort of events. I honestly feel this album is basically throwaways, mixes, and phone ins because :francis:
Rakim Produced the album

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Major disappointment. But I knew it was gonna be triddash knowing that M80 cac was behind it, and hearing it was more of a "production compilation" with 7 tracks. Won't ever listen to this again.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cats be complaining too damn much and :mjlol: at this being trash. The beats are dope/hit and Ra is still nice on the mic

I agree with what people are saying but at the same time dont feel like Rakim is clueless about this i mean he shot a proper video for it and everything

Probably just wanted to put some of his production to usd and put out this little project, nothing more nothing less...

Yep, All it is and pretty clear imo.

When you're the goat lyricist people automatically assume shyt, prejudice and fickle ass world we live in.:francis:. Ra is multi talented.

I'm good with this as long as Ra and cats involved got paid. Project is dope to me.

Last edited:

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
All they had to do was write "Rakim Presents" on the cover and everyone would know what time it was off the rip. Features and Rakim appearing and producing on every song. Everything I've heard from this has been fire though, but I only heard three songs. Oh shyt, that's like half the album

:gucci: