Rakim "God's Network: Rebirth'' Discussion Thread

QBN

All Star
Daps
:patrice: Reading this thread makes me not want to check this album...damn. It's the God tho, I gotta at least sample a few tracks....

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Something is off about this album. I know for one the features from DMX and Snoop is misleading. It seems like a money grab and not a real album even Rakim would stand behind but he is.

I guarantee that M80 guy must've put this together. He always specializes in cookie cutter projects with 100 features and he always works with Canibus, crooked and kurupt.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Is RA just lazy or he just put this out like fukk it. Pretty sad, it's like if you wanna make music still, put your heart and soul into it.
What im gathering from people close to Ra: this isn't his actual album. This album is to showcase his production skills. Along with featuring some artists he wants to work with. He has an actual album he's working on putting out later.

If this is true someone need to tug his shirt and let him know this move flagg af. He need to be clear and honest.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with what people are saying but at the same time dont feel like Rakim is clueless about this i mean he shot a proper video for it and everything

Probably just wanted to put some of his production to usd and put out this little project, nothing more nothing less...

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Solid project for what it is :ehh:

I don't know the story with this M80 dude but Rakim produced every track, shot a video and promoting it on social media so I got to believe he knew what the deal was.

Hope he do a real, traditional album or EP soon though.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Basically M80 paid Rakim for likenesses , vocals and put a compilation out because there is no way nikkahs like Compton Menace should be even in the same sentence as Rakim

I know M80s history but if what you said is true then I don't see that as a bad thing because we got a Rakim EP in 2024 out of it. Sounds like if he didn't do that it would be 15 years later and still nothing from Rakim. I'd rather something over nothing.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I may make a thread later cause it's music friday but like someone said earlier when this album was first announced and the thread went up that it's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS something shady with M-80.

I went looking for this Nip and Planet Asia song Rakim have cause it was promote on IG and came across a video by some members of the Nation of God and Earths (or as some like to refer to them as Five Percenters) addressing the ORIGINAL cover art ---- basically they had to get King Sun and a couple of other brothers to get him to correct it. Cause the original art work to this was Off and seen as disrespectful. The basically at first thought it was Rakim doing but it was M-80 . The bro basically "intelligently scolded the hell out of him" on IG Live
In reference to what I was saying here

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: I'm sorry but this is the laziest fukking album cover I have ever seen. It sucks because GAWDkim deserves more and his roses, but I just can't shake the cover and how this jawn feels random as hell.

Plus the comments so far :picard:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:francis: I'm sorry but this is the laziest fukking album cover I have ever seen. It sucks because GAWDkim deserves more and his roses, but I just can't shake the cover and how this jawn feels random as hell.

Plus the comments so far :picard:
There are several album covers for the album. Which one are you referring to, friend?

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
There are several album covers for the album. Which one are you referring to, friend?

The one on Tidal:

Rakim-1718982014.jpg

It just feels like one of those cheap indie albums from the 2000s. I know you can't judge a book by its cover but :patrice:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Basically M80 paid Rakim for likenesses , vocals and put a compilation out because there is no way nikkahs like Compton Menace should be even in the same sentence as Rakim

Rakim also fully produced the album though right? Which to me suggests M80 approached Rakim about executive producing an album for him and handling marketing for a fee.