Racist nyc asians at it again this time protesting the mayors new plan to desegregate nyc schools

broller

Veteran
Daps
These Asians have absolutely no power to stop this. White folks have been protesting Asians being over represented at these schools for years and they’re determined to get them out.

Add the fact these schools have had rampant cheating scandals over the last couple of years it’s over.

:ohhh::feedme:

do tell breh

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
They're not insulated the way Hassidic Jews are.

Aside from them though, the high schools all over South Brooklyn are mixed white, black, Latino, and Asian. And Queens in general has a lot of Asian/Latino mixed schools

I really don't think kids of any race should have to strive to be like Asian tigers, unless that's what they want to do. You can get into good colleges from literally any public high school.

I know a good amount of black people who got into the top 3. Nobody was built to be like Asian tigers. The common denominator was we all went to good elementary and middle schools in well funded districts. The problem isn’t the specialized high schools. The problem is what leads you to the specialized high school. Fix that.

I wasn’t even the best student in middle school. Never did my homework and would constantly sneak out half the day. Absences were almost at the cut off.

But I got into Stuyvesant.

And at the heart of it, that’s the beauty of the test.

broller

Veteran
Daps
As someone who got into Stuyvesant, I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I understand the unfair nature of a test that really depends on the ability of schools that teach you- we all know NYC public schools are completely different depending on where you go and I highly doubt I would have been given the right tools, had I not been privileged enough to have been in a district with a lot of funding (and consequently not a lot of minorities).

On the other hand, the SHSAT at its very core measures merit and doing away with the test will degrade the quality of these schools. I don’t care how it sounds- it will.

Fix the other districts and the underfunded middle schools- you don’t ruin good high schools to hide the fact that the NYC public school is so broken.

I don't know New York very well, but is Stuyvesant in the hood? I remember Chris Rock talking about "Bed-Stuy do or die" on Everybody hates Chris. Or have things changed now?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I know a good amount of black people who got into the top 3. Nobody was built to be like Asian tigers. The common denominator was we all went to good elementary and middle schools in well funded districts. The problem isn’t the specialized high schools. The problem is what leads you to the specialized high school. Fix that.

I wasn’t even the best student in middle school. Never did my homework and would constantly sneak out half the day. Absences were almost at the cut off.

But I got into Stuyvesant.

And at the heart of it, that’s the beauty of the test.

I agree with that, the schools in question are only 10% black or Latino combined, but only 15% of the applicants were black or Latino in the first place

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I don’t fukk with Asians because they are just as racist and scummy as cacs but they have an argument here especially when it comes to scraping the test. Besides if you are placing students that don’t cut it into these schools you are only throwing them into the lions den. What needs to be done is for those public school services to be improved so all the black kids can benefit from it and not just a few who were chosen to fill a quota.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That’s an insulated community

That’s life, though. Americans are too coddled in that respect. In what other country is there such backlash to testing?

It’s a question of do you know it or do you not know it?

Life doesn’t work that way. We don’t get participation trophies. And if you keep patting kids on the head they’ll be ill prepared for real life.
Nothing but truth. Harsh and real. Admissions without testing are a setup for failure. This is a band aid solution at best. The idea that testing is rigged is entirely American. Education systems have to be competitive especially at the top schools.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don’t fukk with Asians because they are just as racist and scummy as cacs but they have an argument here especially when it comes to scraping the test. Besides if you are placing students that don’t cut it into these schools you are only throwing them into the lions den. What needs to be done is for those public school services to be improved so all the black kids can benefit from it and not just a few who were chosen to fill a quota.
The schools need improvement but the communities outlook on education. Asian students aren't solely successful because they start off at better schools... like the article says they do a lot of prep work. Education extends well beyond the classroom and without the extra effort the playing field won't level out.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Yall giving Asians Wayyy too much credit on education :russ:
I graduated from Berkeley and the shyt these muthafukkas do to graduate is pure criminal and comedy at the same damn time:mjlol:
They just want the “prestige and notoriety” of the name of the school..
So the parents can brag and shyt on other relatives about how “accomplished and smart” their children are:mjgrin:
You would be surprised that the “education stereotype” is a farce..
Not even mad at this:yeshrug:

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
The schools need improvement but the communities outlook on education. Asian students aren't solely successful because they start off at better schools... like the article says they do a lot of prep work. Education extends well beyond the classroom and without the extra effort the playing field won't level out.

I knew Asian families that moved to small cramped apartments in good neighborhoods so their children could have the ability to go to good elementary and middle schools.

It shouldn’t be like that, but it’s real out here.

Parents need to prioritize their children’s futures as well.

Nothing but truth. Harsh and real. Admissions without testing are a setup for failure. This is a band aid solution at best. The idea that testing is rigged is entirely American. Education systems have to be competitive especially at the top schools.

It’s at the point where people feel entitled to things. The idea of “poor test taking skills” disgusts me.

Do they think that the teachers who select the “best students” will be free from bias? Do they account for the fact that good grades can be biased?

Daps
NYC needs to improve the quality of all the schools in lower-income areas.

Having said that, while I understand where the Asians are coming from, it does seem short-sighted. It would be like going to the NFL combine and judging a top prospect solely by his 40-time. Like if Li had a 4.20-40yd and DeAndre had a 4.35-40yd, Li would get drafted....but that ignores the bench, short shuttle, vertical jump, broad jump, interviews AND game tape. They've gamed the system so naturally they're against anything that disrupts the process. All test scores aren't equal. I'll take the kid that gets a 90 with modest preparation that's self-motivated and overcome some tough circumstances over the kid that gets a 98 solely because his parents have done everything possible (including bending the rules and excessive test prep) to help him get that score.

Only time they speak up on racial issues is when they perceive blacks/Latinos gaining an advantage. They don't stand up for themselves against whites which is why they get disrespected by everyone.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
These Asians have absolutely no power to stop this. White folks have been protesting Asians being over represented at these schools for years and they’re determined to get them out.

Add the fact these schools have had rampant cheating scandals over the last couple of years it’s over.
Thank you!!!!

Someone finally said it! These dudes cheat like no other group!!

Bruuuuuuuuh, people have NO IDEA just how much cheating goes on to push that model minority dream. almost every asian kid I knew at university was in some form of study group were people were sharing old students papers and answers to tests...Let's not even talk about the cheating before the exam.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Yall giving Asians Wayyy too much credit on education :russ:
I graduated from Berkeley and the shyt these muthafukkas do to graduate is pure criminal and comedy at the same damn time:mjlol:
They just want the “prestige and notoriety” of the name of the school..
So the parents can brag and shyt on other relatives about how “accomplished and smart” their children are:mjgrin:
You would be surprised that the “education stereotype” is a farce..
Not even mad at this:yeshrug:
Most Black people live in a fantasy world breh.

Puuuuureee comedy. Even funnier is trying ro study with them, while they stare into the abyss on some obvious questions...

:russ: dont go to asia and "teach" also. The amount time spent studying and the results from that time studying is sad af as you watch the progress all year. Hell, some schools force you to give good grades, I taught at several schools in 2 different countries that would not allow me to give less than a B or C to my absolutely stupidest student as long as they showed up

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
meh. Those asians are on code, I have no problem with them making sure their kids are not being undermined
Don't lower the standards for superficial reasons like having unqualified Black faces accepted so to brag about diversity

As someone who got into Stuyvesant, I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I understand the unfair nature of a test that really depends on the ability of schools that teach you- we all know NYC public schools are completely different depending on where you go and I highly doubt I would have been given the right tools, had I not been privileged enough to have been in a district with a lot of funding (and consequently not a lot of minorities).

On the other hand, the SHSAT at its very core measures merit and doing away with the test will degrade the quality of these schools. I don’t care how it sounds- it will.

Fix the other districts and the underfunded middle schools- you don’t ruin good high schools to hide the fact that the NYC public school is so broken.
Facts. Stop with the charter school hype, remove the politics from the public schools, and provide to all public schools the same academic resources that are used by successful districts and private schools