Racist nyc asians at it again this time protesting the mayors new plan to desegregate nyc schools

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
As someone who got into Stuyvesant, I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I understand the unfair nature of a test that really depends on the ability of schools that teach you- we all know NYC public schools are completely different depending on where you go and I highly doubt I would have been given the right tools, had I not been privileged enough to have been in a district with a lot of funding (and consequently not a lot of minorities).

On the other hand, the SHSAT at its very core measures merit and doing away with the test will degrade the quality of these schools. I don’t care how it sounds- it will.

Fix the other districts and the underfunded middle schools- you don’t ruin good high schools to hide the fact that the NYC public school is so broken.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
Your not reading the article right the issue is Asians being over represented in these schools due to a lot of factors that have a lot to do with disenfranchised black and Latino youth these Asians game the shyt outta these test making them obsolete
:mjlol: You're just not trying to listen to any other opinion accept your own. Stfu clown

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

On one hand I understand the unfair nature of a test that really depends on the ability of schools that teach you- we all know NYC public schools are completely different depending on where you go and I highly doubt I would have been given the right tools, had I not been privileged enough to have been in a district with a lot of funding (and consequently not a lot of minorities).

On the other hand, the SHSAT at its very core measures merit and doing away with the test will degrade the quality of these schools. I don’t care how it sounds- it will.

Fix the other districts and the underfunded middle schools- you don’t ruin good high schools to hide the fact that the NYC public school is so broken.

But there are a lot of Bengali kids who live in the hood and end up going to these specialized high schools

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps

This isn't bright the test is obsolete and should never be the determined factor for students it's. One test outta of thousands that will be taken in your route to college it's a easy way to keep a certain default group or groups in these schools

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
But there are a lot of Bengali kids who live in the hood and end up going to these specialized high schools

That’s an insulated community

This isn't bright the test is obsolete and should never be the determined factor for students it's. One test outta of thousands that will be taken in your route to college it's a easy way to keep a certain default group or groups in these schools

That’s life, though. Americans are too coddled in that respect. In what other country is there such backlash to testing?

It’s a question of do you know it or do you not know it?

Life doesn’t work that way. We don’t get participation trophies. And if you keep patting kids on the head they’ll be ill prepared for real life.

StarGirl

All Star
Daps
You know what?

Let’s just do away with all testing.

No SAT’s no more.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

That’s life, though. Americans are too coddled in that respect. In what other country is there such backlash to testing?

Life doesn’t work that way. We don’t get participation trophies. And if you keep patting kids on the head they’ll be ill prepared for real life.

They're not insulated the way Hassidic Jews are.

Aside from them though, the high schools all over South Brooklyn are mixed white, black, Latino, and Asian. And Queens in general has a lot of Asian/Latino mixed schools

I really don't think kids of any race should have to strive to be like Asian tigers, unless that's what they want to do. You can get into good colleges from literally any public high school.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
good :yeshrug:

thriving in a poverty area jr high is awful

get books with fukking covers ripped off words all in it and if u happen to lose the book they charge u 60 fukking dollars for it :hhh:

that book aint worth 10 dollars
they got a ridiculous system
had teachers who never wanted to answer questions "read your book and figure it out" need a comprehensive overhaul of the education system

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

What is this real life thing...

Being a kid is real life...

Punishing children for being born in fukked in districts, in fukked up communities, with fukked up adults and then telling them to take a test to get into a school that will determine the rest of their life and deal with it is some bullshyt...:mjlol:

American schools fail because they are shytty...

Adding tests doesn't make them less shytty...

Removing recess doesn't make them less shytty...

Instituting charter schools doesn't make them less shytty...

They are shyt because adults don't believe in education because it isn't "real life" to them and then themsame time...they'll tell you it's "real life" when you gotta take a test that you ain't prepared for and then you stuck in some shytshow school...with 50 kids in the classroom with one teacher...

American education system is a racialized and politicalized because different groups want their White child or their Asian child or their rich child to have advantages over everybody else and those advantages last from the cradle to the grave...

They know what they are doing when they make all those pointless tests...

They know what they are doing when they create a whole new city or district so their kid can go to different school away from everyone else...

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Asians in NYC have a pretty high poverty rate, and a lot Asian kids go them go to the same schools as Latinos (and black kids too in many cases)

45% of the students at Stuyvesant High is eligible for free or reduced school lunches. It's just that the Chinese community is fukking obsessed with academics, past the point where it's even healthy in my opinion.

I don't see why these schools even exist though, it's not the city's job to provide specialized high schools for Asian tiger kids to circle jerk over
this

The schools are for everyone it's just Asian kids are hyper competitive about academics. This legislation is not a racist attack against them, thats absurd. However I disagree that they should be admitting people that can't pass the cut off test, that's a setup for failure.