Quitting weed is tough as ****..

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
It's psychologically addicting, and while you're right that anything can be psychologically addicting. Keep in mind cocaine...acid...there's a lot of drugs that aren't physically addicting. All that really means is that you're body literally begins to need it (like painkillers, benzos). And I'm not trying to after school special you. I LOVE DRUGS. almost all kinds. I'm just saying that people need to understand marijuana isn't safe like most weedsmokers think. Unless you're vaping or eating edibles. And that doesn't even go into the psychological and neurological damages it can potentially inflict.

I just railed a roxi and ate three valium to start off my day so I am on no sort of high horse here. Just saying.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
It's psychologically addicting, and while you're right that anything can be psychologically addicting. Keep in mind cocaine...acid...there's a lot of drugs that aren't physically addicting. All that really means is that you're body literally begins to need it (like painkillers, benzos). And I'm not trying to after school special you. I LOVE DRUGS. almost all kinds. I'm just saying that people need to understand marijuana isn't safe like most weedsmokers think. Unless you're vaping or eating edibles. And that doesn't even go into the psychological and neurological damages it can potentially inflict.

I just railed a roxi and ate three valium to start off my day so I am on no sort of high horse here. Just saying.

The reason why drugs like cocain ARE addictive is because they effect your brain. they cause a chemical inbalance in yoru brain. specifically the reward pathway to your brain. which is why its so dangerous. your brain begins to need the stimulation it gets from cocaine.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
The reason why drugs like cocain ARE addictive is because they effect your brain. they cause a chemical inbalance in yoru brain. specifically the reward pathway to your brain. which is why its so dangerous. your brain begins to need the stimulation it gets from cocaine.

No you become addicted to the feeling of massive releases of serotonin/dopamine, you don't need that. Serotonin is released in all sorts of circumstances (eating good food, having sex, basically anything that makes you happy). My point is cocaine is not physically addicting, meaning you're body doesn't need it. Like my example of painkillers/heroin: they are physically addicting because you're body will eventually NEED that drug to function i.e. withdrawals etc. Cocaine withdrawals are all in your head where as you can die from benzo withdrawals.

You're right but I don't see how that conflicts with that i said breh. It doesn't permanently effect your reward system in the brain in a way that would make you NEED it, you just want it terribly.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
No you become addicted to the feeling of massive releases of serotonin/dopamine, you don't need that. Serotonin is released in all sorts of circumstances (eating good food, having sex, basically anything that makes you happy). My point is cocaine is not physically addicting, meaning you're body doesn't need it. Like my example of painkillers/heroin: they are physically addicting because you're body will eventually NEED that drug to function i.e. withdrawals etc. Cocaine withdrawals are all in your head where as you can die from benzo withdrawals.

You're right but I don't see how that conflicts with that i said breh. It doesn't permanently effect your reward system in the brain in a way that would make you NEED it, you just want it terribly.

my point is that cocaine effects the brain to where it THINKS that it needs it. this is due to the chemical embalance created by the cocaine.

the same brain is what controls your every being. so in a sense your right . because your brain is playing tricks on you. but in a sense im right, because if your brain is telling you that you need
cocaine...then guess what :yeshrug:

we both right :cheers:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I stopped smoking without really deciding to, I mean at first I was smoking half-joints :russ: and that was already better, but then I...moved to another country. Granted that's a drastic change but that's the thing, like others pointed out you got to change your habits, maybe your lifestyle, pick up someting new, change the pattern. And I actually started smoking a little when I came back, but when I decide to shut it down those long walks while listening to music really helped me at the beginning with getting tired enough to go to sleep, and yeah I occasionally would have a drink while reading, that's :wow:. I'll smoke every now and then, but for me that's like having a drink now.

But yeah I'd say the main thing is to change habits.

That's what it's gonna take for me to quit. :to:

That glass and loud = :wow:....9 years in, and not EVERDAY, but like 90% of the time I gets at least a pull (reg, loud, w/e :manny:) in.

I'd much rather :smoker: than :drunk: tho......and YES, I know Alc is horrible, why set the "benchmark" there right? :rolleyes:

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
my point is that cocaine effects the brain to which it THINKS that it needs it. this is due to the chemical embalance created by the cocaine.

the same brain is what controls your every being. so in a sense your right. because your brain is playing tricks on you. but in a sense im right, because if your brain is telling you that you need cocaine...then guess what

We're in agreement man, it's psychologically addicting. I'm trying to think of an analogy but I'm sure you can think of one better. We think we need things all the time. As opposed to say even nicotine, your body needs nicotine to function properly if you're a smoker. You're gonna feel like shyt after coke and want more because your serotonin/dopamine have been depleted. And logically you figure you'll feel better if you do more. You want more to not feel shytty but you don't physically need it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

so youre the man huh :heh: that aint quittin

nah my friend got addicted to that shyt, im not gona say i know how hard it is to quit but i have some idea. started substitutin all kids of drugs, shyts fukked

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
so youre the man huh :heh: that aint quittin

nah my friend got addicted to that shyt, im not gona say i know how hard it is to quit but i have some idea. started substitutin all kids of drugs, shyts fukked

:youngsabo: never said i was quitting anything, just stopped smoking, point was i'm not coming at it in a preachy way because i do worse.

edit: oh shyt i did huh? hahaha nah that was like 2 years ago and now i can do it recreationally and not fiend. I mean like I quit fiending and stealing/asking my boss for money/all sorts of fiend behavior...it was bad, high all the time in classes, at family functions, basically the epitome of a fiend. I'm good now though just like oxy and i take low doses occasionally. And yeah getting off of it is tough as fukk. I used suboxone to wean myself off of it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Cocaine is physically addictive you know nothing c*nt. It acts on dopamine receptors just like alcohol and nicotine. Weed cannot cause neurological damage.