Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people aren't interested in black entertainment.

The Butler is #1 at the box office.

:dwillhuh:

:comeon: fukk outta here cac

lemme guess you prolly thought The Help was also a positive black movie embraced by white audiences

once again both those flicks are nothing more than movies that play into stereotypes white people are comfortable with.....black man serving White people during segregation as a butler.....Good......black pilots saving America during WWII in segregated units.....not Good

they're fine with us being in subservient vulnerable positions, however, put a black man in position of power and you've seen how cacs have gone ape shyt over anything Barack Obama has done.....they don't respect us as human beings and once we come of to grip with that, the faster we can move forward and build our own forms of entertainment

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand what he's saying just fine. White people don't support black movies where black characters are empowered. They support films that have us in stereotypical roles (ex. Training Day, Precious), films that have us playing subservient roles (ex. The Help, The Butler), white man's burden type films (ex. Freedom Writers, The Blindside)....the kinda films where black people are sh*t out of luck until the white person comes to save the day :what:

They'll support the fukk out of those muthafukkas. Now a film like Miracle at St. Anna or Red Tails? Where you have a bunch of negros handling business without the help of the white people? Hell nah :comeon: I remember how bad critics/the internet panned Miracle at St. Anna. Until I watched it for myself. It's one of my favorites now :beli:

co-sign

I also think Redtails was a good movie. Not great but damn good and enjoyable. I can see why that dark skin nikka going after the white woman got hate. However, if I was stuck in Europe during the war I'd also be running up in them white bytches. And Miracle at St. Anna was dope as fukk. White people basically don't respect our humanity which is why they can't watch any movies where its black people either doing good for themselves or saving white people. Basically anytime black people got dignity and don't need the help of white people, cacs either won't fund the movie as we saw with Redtails or won't see it as we saw with St. Anna.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
co-sign

I also think Redtails was a good movie. Not great but damn good and enjoyable. I can see why that dark skin nikka going after the white woman got hate. However, if I was stuck in Europe during the war I'd also be running up in them white bytches. And Miracle at St. Anna was dope as fukk. White people basically don't respect our humanity which is why they can't watch any movies where its black people either doing good for themselves or saving white people. Basically anytime black people got dignity and don't need the help of white people, cacs either won't fund the movie as we saw with Redtails or won't see it as we saw with St. Anna.

I watched Miracle at St. Anna last night just to make sure I wasn't bugging. This was maybe my third time watching it. It may not be on the level of Glory (though I hated Matthew Broderick). And there might not have been a classic performance like Denzel's portrayal of Trip. But St. Anna was a good ass movie. It didn't deserve to get panned the way that it did. You would think that it was complete garbage, the things they wrote. It's obvious it was other motives at play there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Miracle at St. Anna last night just to make sure I wasn't bugging. This was maybe my third time watching it. It may not be on the level of Glory (though I hated Matthew Broderick). And there might not have been a classic performance like Denzel's portrayal of Trip. But St. Anna was a good ass movie. It didn't deserve to get panned the way that it did. You would think that it was complete garbage, the things they wrote. It's obvious it was other motives at play there.

Yea. Its a great movie. It made me a fan of Michael Ealy. Now I check for anything he does. Derek Luke was also phenomenal. Its sad that they are such great actors yet they get no roles in Hollywood. Both could easily be leading men but Hollywood would rather give another role to Ryan Reynolds before they look at either of them.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never watch or listen to anything just because they're black :yeshrug:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
white ppl own the media :manny:
the internet levels the playing field. Most media outlets focus their attentions more on their web presence than their television presences.

TV shows stream online, movies are being watched on Netflixs ect. Companies are putting money behind their youtube channel so people can watch what they want to watch.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Rap mostly bought by caucasians. Their love is reciprocated, just not in movies, tv or other video medium.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Maybe we should start a "Independent Black Entertainment" thread or something? A lot of people didn't know about even Awkward Black Girl, so it would be cool if there was a place we could go to find out about cool new projects/kickstarters that need funding and hype. if we promoted these kind of quality shows on our own and prove they can be a success, then the variety we want will start to show up.

Good shows are good shows though, and I'm gonna keep watching them, no matter what race is putting it out. Though this is an important discussion to have, because its true that black artists/creators need our support and we could do better in that regard.
If our Independent Chanel has shyt like "Awkward Black Girl" then we have made no progress at all.

We can't create and distribute shows amongst black people that showcases white supremacy to our younger audience.

If this was Awkward Arab Girl, you will never see her leave her Arab boyfriend for a Israeli Jew to showcase this to the Arab viewers. Do you know what type of outrage that would bring?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You don't care if they accept yours but you accept theirs.

SMH.
If their were good movies they'd watch it. Denzel gets nominated all the time, because he's good. Spike Lee movies do numbers, because they're good. John Singleton gets views, because he's good. People watch shyt that's good, and there's waaaaaaaaaaaay more whites in visual arts universities and not enough blacks going for that profession. I went to an art school in west LA and I was the only black person in pretty much all my classes, my senior year I had another brotha in my class. I dont know the exact numbers but it 'felt' like there was only 5 black people in the whole school.
Is Rap mostly bought by caucasians. Their love is reciprocated, just not in movies, tv or other video medium.
this. see my post for the reasons why.

Last edited:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
If their were good movies they'd watch it. Denzel gets nominated all the time, because he's good. Spike Lee movies do numbers, because they're good. John Singleton gets views, because he's good. People watch shyt that's good, and there's waaaaaaaaaaaay more whites in visual arts universities and not enough blacks going for that profession. I went to an art school in west LA and I was the only black person in pretty much all my classes, my senior year I had another brotha in my class. I dont know the exact numbers but it 'felt' like there was only 5 black people in the whole school.

this. see my post for the reasons why.

The Art Institute?