Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Maybe we should start a "Independent Black Entertainment" thread or something? A lot of people didn't know about even Awkward Black Girl, so it would be cool if there was a place we could go to find out about cool new projects/kickstarters that need funding and hype. if we promoted these kind of quality shows on our own and prove they can be a success, then the variety we want will start to show up.

Good shows are good shows though, and I'm gonna keep watching them, no matter what race is putting it out. Though this is an important discussion to have, because its true that black artists/creators need our support and we could do better in that regard.

There's already a thread

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-art-independent-films.135608/

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I was only there for 2 months :pachaha:

Really wish I could have stayed though. Nice facilities and the women :banderas:
I ran thru so many nerdy artsy chicks. :pachaha: we'd walk around looking like odd cpls.

Some of them are straight freaks, one girl used to collect Black Men magazines because she was infatuated with black womens bodies. :wtf:
art majors are fukked in the head, Im not excluded from that either. :pachaha:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.

Speaking for myself I'm interested in quality shows regardless of the race the show is catered towards. When there were really good black shows (Martin, Cosby Show,Living Single, etc) I watched them. All told I'd prefer to watch primarily black shows but there isn't a lot to feast on out there.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
it's whatever.. i like all good movies.

I prefer black movies, but I do avoid the ignorant shyt, black or white. Plus we don't control hollywood so even characters that are based on black people are acted by whites. look at the newer version of The Count of Monte Cristo... I like that movie. It has all white people, but it's a good movie to me.

How the hell would I ever know it was based on a black guy??........... because if the movie was written for a black actor more than likely it wouldn't have been made. You have a better chance of getting a movie made about some Tyler perry type of story. Why would a white controlled Hollywood want you to know about some black guy who was interacting with Napoleon - because then they would have to get into that history, about future white washing of history, about all sorts of mixed -race sex shyt.... When they just wanted to make a movie.

Plus people like action and comedies. white people make comedies that make people laugh.... with some of our comedies there is always that element of drama or pain, because of the nature of our experiences and the shyt we deal with... so it's not for the average american.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I enjoy white movies.........

they have a level of depth that is hardly found in current nikka motion pictures

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Not readin thru all this but white people enjoy black entertainment as long as its no threatening and the black folks know their place.

Everybody talkin bout all the black shows are ratchet and garbage, there's way more garbage and ratchet white shows on tv right now than black ones.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If we are gonna do slave movies, can we atleast do slave rebellion movies that we havent seen before.

http://www.johnhorse.com/

John Horse (ca. 1812–1882),[1] also known as Juan Caballo, Juan Cavallo, John Cowaya (with spelling variations) and Gopher John,[2] (Black Seminole) was an African-American military adviser to the chief Osceola and a leader of Black Seminole units fighting against United States (US) troops during the Seminole Wars in Florida. Of Seminole-African-Spanish descent, he moved to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma) during Indian Removal in 1842 and was personally freed in 1843.[1] When the Black Seminoles faced continuing threats from slave raiders, he led a group to northern Mexico, where they achieved freedom in 1850. Horse served as a captain in the Mexican army and, after 1870, with the US Army as a scout.[1]

:salute: to Dr. Anderson.

-DMP-

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the internet levels the playing field. Most media outlets focus their attentions more on their web presence than their television presences.

TV shows stream online, movies are being watched on Netflixs ect. Companies are putting money behind their youtube channel so people can watch what they want to watch.

Its not the only problem, but its certainly the biggest reason