Essential Quick gems for dealing with men thread :lolbron:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Taking out the garbage and washing the car is catering to your woman? Come on now sir :francis:

To your last question, I think he'd think the same thing she'd think if she found out he was going above and beyond for an ex and not getting anything in return. He'd think her ex didn't appreciate a good woman when he had her.

No, it's doing practical things that make her life easier. The same way cooking for a man makes his life easier. Contrary to Coli feminist belief, most dishes don't take June Cleaver effort. Plus, most women only cook a few times a week, if that. So, the whole "cooking is everyday while mowing the lawn is weekly" line goes out the door.

Not to mention, when I hear women talk about "catering" to a man, it's always basic things like cooking and cleaning. Do you give them the same reaction when they consider that to be "catering" to their man? I doubt it. I'm sure you'd praise them for all the "hard work" they put into pouring that box of rice into boiling water and setting the timer for the chicken baking in the oven while they watch re-runs of Love and Hip Hop. Yes, such hard work.

Maybe he would think that. But I also believe he would be questioning how she did so much for a man who treated her badly. Yet she is close-fisted with him while he's treating her well. Now, just because he goes along, doesn't mean he's not thinking that. He could just be a cupcake who feels he can't get better, so he stays.

Peace

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No, it's doing practical things that make her life easier. The same way cooking for a man makes his life easier. Contrary to Coli feminist belief, most dishes don't take June Cleaver effort. Plus, most women only cook a few times a week, if that. So, the whole "cooking is everyday while mowing the lawn is weekly" line goes out the door.

Not to mention, when I hear women talk about "catering" to a man, it's always basic things like cooking and cleaning. Do you give them the same reaction when they consider that to be "catering" to their man? I doubt it. I'm sure you'd praise them for all the "hard work" they put into pouring that box of rice into boiling water and setting the timer for the chicken baking in the oven while they watch re-runs of Love and Hip Hop. Yes, such hard work.

Maybe he would think that. But I also believe he would be questioning how she did so much for a man who treated her badly. Yet she is close-fisted with him while he's treating her well. Now, just because he goes along, doesn't mean he's not thinking that. He could just be a cupcake who feels he can't get better, so he stays.

Peace
If cooking and cleaning isn't hard work then why don't you just do it? :jbhmm:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lmao this is coming from a chick who won't cook and would rather hire someone to instead of learning herself, talk about being lazy

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
1.Watch out for men who have problems with their parents

2.Don't allow your mans troubling childhood (if he had one) be the reason you put up with bull shyt behavior. I had an ex that was adopted and he didn't find out till he was 16 so I would tend to feel sorry for him and excuse his actions.

He also would make it seem like it was such a big deal to tell this to someone and that they were special for being given this information.

Well when things ended and he eventually was dating one of my friends she told me how he told her right away and other people knew as well. Clearly his sob story was to try and make me seem like I was more special to him.

This was back when I was 17-18

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.Watch out for men who have problems with their parents

2.Don't allow your mans troubling childhood (if he had one) be the reason you put up with bull shyt behavior. I had an ex that was adopted and he didn't find out till he was 16 so I would tend to feel sorry for him and excuse his actions.

He also would make it seem like it was such a big deal to tell this to someone and that they were special for being given this information.

Well when things ended and he eventually was dating one of my friends she told me how he told her right away and other people knew as well. Clearly his sob story was to try and make me seem like I was more special to him.

This was back when I was 17-18
So would you say you're a "fixer upper"?

Edit* dumb question. Nm.