Question For Black Men With Daughters...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe that if a man is a strong man who did right by their daughters then he would want her to end up with a man like himself, including race wise. We can say all day "we'll since I raised my daughters right then as long as she picks a good man that's all I care about." This may be true but don't act like you wouldn't at least feel a certain way if she brought home an Ashton kutcher.

so how do black mothers respond to their sons bringing home non-blk women. do they feel like they did something wrong?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
this is coming from a caramel skinned with light eyes person myself.

:shaq: where them pictures at?

We can say all day "we'll since I raised my daughters right then as long as she picks a good man that's all I care about." This may be true but don't act like you wouldn't at least feel a certain way if she brought home an Ashton kutcher.

Personally, I think I still might have a bit of shock reserved for that but I wouldn't feel a certain way cause I've brought home a natalie portman or two.

I don't have kids though and don't even know if I still want them. I don't know where I'll be in my life in 10 years and I would fear for them with men in general.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
black women, you treat your vagina like an airport without security, knowing full well terrorist are lurkin about. yes, a guy could use a condom -- but unless the chick is being raped, isnt it her job to make sure he's wearing one? even after the fact, we pretending like you dont have several post-sex options? why dont more black women get on birth control :confused:

Using your airport analogy. Wouldn't the "terrorist" still be to blame for his own actions?

No matter how negligent the airport security is, the terrorist will still be held accountable for his terror.

Sex takes two people, and the results of sex are the responsibility of two people. There is no other way to can spin it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I didn't read the whole thread either, but from what I saw they looked happy to me. I'm sure some people even said the girls were overreacting and that the whopping wasn't even that bad (that the girls were screaming to make it sound worse). Anyone who would justify the extent to which he whopped them would definitely perpetuate the same behavior.

I got my ass whooped way worse than that as a good. He wasn't even really giving them that work. They were just screaming bloody murder to make him stop. He shouda elbow dropped them hoes at the end too :ufdup:

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Hmm.. looks like people are really getting into this thread. Maybe I'll jump in.

This is an honest question for black men with daughters.

When you read black male dominated forums like this one and others (sorry I don't know the names of anymore...I'm a black woman and this is the only black male dominated forum I take time to read) in which black women are constantly bashed or criticized for everything from hair to skin tone do you fear for your daughters?

Do you fear they will grow up to hate black men?

Do you fear they will grow up to find black men undesirable? Is this something you see growing amongst young (and old) black women (i.e., finding black men unattractive and undesirable)?

Be completely honest: When you look around at black men, whether they are your friends or family, would you want your daughters to end up with men like them? Why or why not?

Black women...feel free to throw your two cents into the mix.

Even though I'm not the father of a daughter yet, I think the questions are broad enough for me to be able to answer them.

You know, when you read forums like this you have to realize one thing: what you see is not real. Yes, it's true that in real life, there are many brothers out there that hate the complexion of their skin and hate the fact that their counterparts look just like them. It's also true that many black men have failed and abandoned black women in the real world. But what you have to understand is that the internet is a caricature of everything real. Self-hatred is amplified to the umpteenth degree on the internet because nobody is able to hold them accountable.

The truth of the matter, however, is that most black men do actually love black women. Forget the ones that ain't shyt. I am one of those black men who loves black women more so than any other kind. If anything, I think that concern for any daughters I may have should not be directed at the men who hate black women and bash them altogether: those men usually avoid black women if they can. My concern would have to gravitate towards the black men that DO actually love (or lust, rather) black women, since so many of them aren't about shyt. As a man, I worry that if I have a daughter one day that she'll be scooped up by some hood-trash or thug nikka that's not about anything.

Even so, if I raise any daughter that I have properly, there wouldn't be any need to fear that she will come to hate black men. Even if she hates the men she's been with, if I instill within her with the proper knowledge of self and get her to love who she is, I should not have to worry that she will hate black men. After all, a woman's knowledge of men and how she should treat a man and expect to be treated by men should come right from her father.

I also think it's fair to say that the fatherless hysteria in the Americas has created an epidemic of people who just aren't shyt in general. Many black women have no father figures in their life, so they have no idea how to respect black men nor do they know what exactly constitutes a good man. They also have very low standards when it comes to choosing men. Many black men have also had no male role models in their life, so they look up to worthless trash as their heroes; they exalt and glorify violence and criminality and have no respect for women whatsoever due to not seeing it in their households. They only see value in a woman's body and not in her mind and unabashedly refer to all women as bytches and hos.

In the end, if any black daughter that I have wants to find a good man, she's going to have to watch the company that she keeps. Women who aren't shyt tend to find men who fit that same persona over and over again. Men who are about their wits don't go around trying to get with trifling harlots, and women who are about their wits don't go checking for dumbass thugs who can't speak proper English and sag their pants for the world to see the crack's of their asses.

Raise your children right, friends.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...While we at it, let's kick the real ballistics on this...

Mickey Mouse's whole body was black except his WHITE face and WHITE gloves. Break it down 1x: Mickey Mouse was the "face" of the Disney Empire, but it was powered by free BLACK labor. The "hands" are the means by which we build and accomplish things. To put WHITE gloves on those BLACK hands is to surmise that the WHITE Disney corporation keeps it's hard-working BLACK elements concealed.

star_trek.gif

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin

When you read black male dominated forums like this one and others (sorry I don't know the names of anymore...I'm a black woman and this is the only black male dominated forum I take time to read) in which black women are constantly bashed or criticized for everything from hair to skin tone do you fear for your daughters?

Do you fear they will grow up to find black men undesirable? Is this something you see growing amongst young (and old) black women (i.e., finding black men unattractive and undesirable)?

Be completely honest: When you look around at black men, whether they are your friends or family, would you want your daughters to end up with men like them? Why or why not?

rfMBmSh.gif

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I honestly agree. I was browsing Google for information on the controversy surrounding Scandal when I came across this site and I was like WTF? :huhldup:

the site isn't that bad guys, maybe I just avoid alot of the BW bashing threads I dunno. :pachaha:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
so how do black mothers respond to their sons bringing home non-blk women. do they feel like they did something wrong?

Idk whether they feel as of they did something wrong, but my dad brought home white girls before and he said that although his mom never said anything to him about it he said he could tell she felt a certain way. I know this isn't indicative of ALL and I'm not a mother so my speculation can only go so far.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Honestly i dont believe any of these fools really behave like this or treat women like they say on this forum. A lot of these young cats feel like they are still in highschool and need to prove themselves to people in here.

Everyone in here apparently doesnt work for the man and making 6 figures and "fukking dimes".

And it's not even about daughters. Do these clones even have mothers?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
My sista....if you internalize the infatuation of the words that permeate throughout, and travel within, and bend perpendicular to the bone marrow of my quote, unquote vernacular, you fall in danger of succumbing to the cognitive dissonance that proves the ramifications of said words which cause the emotional devastation within the realms of free discussion.

:gladbron: I'm gonna love this troll, much potential here

I think plenty of people have answered the OP's questions. You do have to sift through the rift raft of all the posters in here but the answers are in here.

for future references, ignore Marcus & Chris B's takes on BW. They despise them, so while some of their post may have some truth in it - you have to realize where the info is coming from. Its not an objective place.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My sista....if you internalize the infatuation of the words that permeate throughout, and travel within, and bend perpendicular to the bone marrow of my quote, unquote vernacular, you fall in danger of succumbing to the cognitive dissonance that proves the ramifications of said words which cause the emotional devastation within the realms of free discussion.

:gladbron: holy shyt +rep

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I've honestly seen men who are misogynistic as all get-out but love their daughters to death and would do nothing to try to harm them, psychologically or however else. I noticed you said unintentionally and that might be the one most people should watch out for, black men and women. There are single mothers who bash black men for not being shyt and not doing this and that just as much as there are black men going in on women.[/B]

Precisely. I am sure that has a psychological effect on their sons when they constantly hear black men ain't this and that (that is psychological abuse). Many of these men are the equivalent to those women imo.