Quantum Break Official Thread (Out Now for Xbox One and PC)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You made your cmoments about the gameplay after only playing the first act as well.

Be a dummy brehs :heh:
I'm on chapter 4. You barely touch the game and make statements as if they were facts, when I post I make it clear where I'm coming from and where I am in the game. Being on chapter 4 the game remains the same. Very little actual gameplay, most of the time is spent watching Netflix, and walking around finding useless items with endless reading. If this is the game you been waiting for cool. But at this point I know much more about the game than you do. And the reason I typed the same thing over and over is because youre pretending these things don't exist in this game. Ryse had WAY more action than this game. It just blows my mind how the Stan's on both sides of this console crap can't bare to hear the slightest criticism of a game without feeling some type of way. I gave the good and the bad. You dudes that Stan can't give props to any game on the console you don't like and you can't take criticism at all of the console you do like.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Im putting Quantum Break into the same box with The Order and Ryse. Both games I thought were good but with some major flaws/easily missed opportunities.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm on chapter 4. You barely touch the game and make statements as if they were facts, when I post I make it clear where I'm coming from and where I am in the game.
nikka. When you made the post I replied to we both had only played act 1.

You retarded breh:mjlol:

Being on chapter 4 the game remains the same. Very little actual gameplay, most of the time is spent watching Netflix, and walking around finding useless items with endless reading. If this is the game you been waiting for cool. But at this point I know much more about the game than you do. And the reason I typed the same thing over and over is because youre pretending these things don't exist in this game. Ryse had WAY more action than this game. It just blows my mind how the Stan's on both sides of this console crap can't bare to hear the slightest criticism of a game without feeling some type of way. I gave the good and the bad. You dudes that Stan can't give props to any game on the console you don't like and you can't take criticism at all of the console you do like.

And again with the same shyt. Nobody even disagreed with this from you. In fact the very post of mine you just quoted stated that I agree with you about the gameplay to cinematic/story ratio.

Where did I say anything about feeling any way. It's you typing up paragraphs. You must feel some type of way. Game makes your Stan lightbulb go off in your head.

On some "let me go in here and trash this game people are having fun with"

Go away breh.:camby:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
nikka. When you made the post I replied to we both had only played act 1.

You retarded breh:mjlol:

And again with the same shyt. Nobody even disagreed with this from you. In fact the very post of mine you just quoted stated that I agree with you about the gameplay to cinematic/story ratio.

Where did I say anything about feeling any way. It's you typing up paragraphs. You must feel some type of way. Game makes your Stan lightbulb go off in your head.

On some "let me go in here and trash this game people are having fun with"

Go away breh.:camby:
Saying the game has some flaws isn't trashing it, which was why I continued to repeat myself because I know how you are. But you hear what you want to hear. The game is good meach. Not perfect. Let's move on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Saying the game has some flaws isn't trashing it, which was why I continued to repeat myself because I know how you are. But you hear what you want to hear. The game is good meach. Not perfect. Let's move on.
I never even disagreed with you.

You just looking for a fight.:heh:

I said you are trashing it because you've literally typed that opinon a half a dozen times in this thread and not one person has disagreed with you. Yet you still feel the need to post the same shyt everyday.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I never even disagreed with you.

You just looking for a fight.:heh:

I said you are trashing it because you've literally typed that opinon a half a dozen times in this thread and not one person has disagreed with you. Yet you still feel the need to post the same shyt everyday.
I posted my impressions of the game as I went along. Is it my fault the game is the same every single chapter? It takes alot for me to say a game is garbage. This game is not. You're giving it a pass on the commission of certain mechanics. That's cool. Im not giving it the same pass. In the end at this point, were agreeing more than we are disagreeing so its all good. Don't take a long response as emotion. It takes all of 30 seconds to type these and I'm not nearly as passionate about this game as others.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I posted my impressions of the game as I went along. Is it my fault the game is the same every single chapter? It takes alot for me to say a game is garbage. This game is not. You're giving it a pass on the commission of certain mechanics. That's cool. Im not giving it the same pass. In the end at this point, were agreeing more than we are disagreeing so its all good. Don't take a long response as emotion. It takes all of 30 seconds to type these and I'm not nearly as passionate about this game as others.
The game was advertised as having 20 minute "cutscenes" between every level. You knew what you were getting into.

No need to come back and post everyday "yup another 20 minute cutscene":francis:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game was advertised as having 20 minute "cutscenes" between every level. You knew what you were getting into.

No need to come back and post everyday "yup another 20 minute cutscene":francis:
Not only 20 minute cutscenes but within the actual game there is a TON of walking around looking for useless side items. The actual gun play portions are very small. I can't help but remember The Order as I play this game. (AND really liked that game) The enemy variety is lacking and each fight plays out pretty much the same way. When you talk about a game this short, and this repetitive the same observations will be made over and over especially when you try to dismiss them

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not only 20 minute cutscenes but within the actual game there is a TON of walking around looking for useless side items. The actual gun play portions are very small. I can't help but remember The Order as I play this game. (AND really liked that game) The enemy variety is lacking and each fight plays out pretty much the same way. When you talk about a game this short, and this repetitive the same observations will be made over and over especially when you try to dismiss them
I have not tried to dismiss anything.

You wanna fight breh :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not at all. I think you're alright.
Really this is my least favorite style of game for this very reason. Too much emphasis on storytelling and repetitive just serviceable gameplay.

I'd lobby some of the same criticism at games like uncharted and tomb raider last gen, but people for various reasons of stanary don't like that:sas2:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Really this is my least favorite style of game for this very reason. Too much emphasis on storytelling and repetitive just serviceable gameplay.

I'd lobby some of the same criticism at games like uncharted and tomb raider last gen, but people for various reasons of stanary don't like that:sas2:
Nah. Both those games had much more gameplay than this one. I really do feel like this game is in the same Lane as the order. And again I say the order is a game I liked alot because on this board if you mention the order its usually brought up as a negative.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah. Both those games had much more gameplay than this one. I really do feel like this game is in the same Lane as the order. And again I say the order is a game I liked alot because on this board if you mention the order its usually brought up as a negative.
They had "more" gameplay in the sense that there was more waves of enemies, but the general gameplay loop was the same.

Arena full of generic dudes, some traversal stuff, set piece moment, cutscene, rinse and repeat.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They had "more" gameplay in the sense that there was more waves of enemies, but the general gameplay loop was the same.

Arena full of generic dudes, some traversal stuff, set piece moment, cutscene, rinse and repeat.
Oh as far as that. Yeah. I agree. Limited enemy variety and fights were the same. Thing is, those game had the gunplay down better than QB. We have powers in this game, but for me, the novelty of it wore off quick, especially in some of the harder fights where you run out of power quickly and are left with the bare bones mechanics. That's where the lack of roll or cover shooting becomes a nuisance.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh as far as that. Yeah. I agree. Limited enemy variety and fights were the same. Thing is, those game had the gunplay down better than QB. We have powers in this game, but for me, the novelty of it wore off quick, especially in some of the harder fights where you run out of power quickly and are left with the bare bones mechanics. That's where the lack of roll or cover shooting becomes a nuisance.
I gotta disagree. The combat in those games began to feel like a chore. From the first 2 acts of QB combat feels more exciting and fun.