Quantum Break Official Thread (Out Now for Xbox One and PC)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
BTW brehs, I'm still downloading this shyt off the Win 10 store. Why is it so slow? :why:

Maybe I can play it Saturday at this rate :snoop:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Just beat the game. Like I said I LOVED the atmosphere(which I knew I would like since I love Remedy games), gameplay mechanics that felt very Max Paynish and also the graphics. The Time powers were very fun. But most importantly I enjoyed the story and especially the TV show part. Although I love this game there were somethings that I feel made this game kinda lackluster like it being very short, enemies kinda getting repetitive(they definitely weren't easy like many thought), I thought more could have been added to the time powers, but most of all the ending was lackluster... I do hope there is a sequel.

I give this game a 8.5/10. Good game.

Edit: Just seen scene after credits...:ohhh:

PLEASE lets get a sequel!

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not supposed to be played as a cover shooter. You are supposed to be zipping around using your powers, not standing behind cover like other games.
Interesting that you know this before ever having played the game. I'm on chapter 4. The game is OK. Not great. You spend more time watching episodes, and walking around looking at random items that add absolutely nothing to the game, and have 10 minute fire fights in between. The game is half Netflix, 25% walking around and 25% actual game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Interesting that you know this before ever having played the game. I'm on chapter 4. The game is OK. Not great. You spend more time watching episodes, and walking around looking at random items that add absolutely nothing to the game, and have 10 minute fire fights in between. The game is half Netflix, 25% walking around and 25% actual game.

The fukk are you talking about, I have the game:what:

I agree there's a lot of "story" but the gameplay part they purposely did not make a cover shooter. They want you moving around using all the powers. And once you lose the idea of playing it like a cover shooter, it feels really good to play.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I agree there's a lot of "story" but the gameplay part they purposely did not make a cover shooter. They want you moving around using all the powers. And once you lose the idea of playing it like a cover shooter, it feels really good to play.
You made that comment before ever playing the game. There's not excuse for this game not having a better cover mechanic, shooting behind cover, a regular Dodge, and regular melee. Its lazy of them to omit. The game isn't horrible. I say it's good. Not great, and not mediocre either. You spend way more time watching the game, than you so playing. And when you do actually play its against the same 3 enemies and every fight is the same.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You made that comment before ever playing the game. There's not excuse for this game not having a better cover mechanic, shooting behind cover, a regular Dodge, and regular melee. Its lazy of them to omit.
I had the game when I made the comment. There is an excuse. ITS NOT A COVER SHOOTER, or any of the other games you want it to be.

The game isn't horrible. I say it's good. Not great, and not mediocre either. You spend way more time watching the game, than you so playing. And when you do actually play its against the same 3 enemies and every fight is the same.
Why the fukk you keep repeating this same thing :heh:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Yeah this game is definitely not a cover shooter and shouldn't be played like one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dead: at @Cladyclad daping this post.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I had the game when I made the comment. There is an excuse. ITS NOT A COVER SHOOTER, or any of the other games you want it to be.

Why the fukk you keep repeating this same thing :heh:

Yeah this game is definitely not a cover shooter and shouldn't be played like one.
A "cover shooter"? So we're making up genres to defend this game now. I gave it props for what it does right. In the case of this game it does more things wrong than it does right. Some of you guys are loving the Netflix episodes at the end of every chapter. Makes perfect sense since that's what you guys use the console for more than anything. Halo is way better than this game. Quantum Break is a movie with a small amount of gunplay mixed in. That might be dope for some people but for me this isn't the Xbox savior I wanted. A roughly 5 - 6 hour game with 1 hour of actual gameplay. This is a 3rd person shooter in 2016 that doesn't have mechanics that have been available for only God knows how long.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not supposed to be played as a cover shooter. You are supposed to be zipping around using your powers, not standing behind cover like other games.

Beat act one

I'm liking this so far. A little too "cinematic" for my usual tastes. More story than gameplay, but I'm enjoying it.

When you made that comment by your own admission you hadn't even if finished the first one hour chapter which only had about 5 - 10 minutes max of actual gun fighting. But I get it, you don't need to play a game to be an expert on it. I forgot who I was talking to.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A "cover shooter"? So we're making up genres to defend this game now.
You really pretending "cover shooter" isn't a thing?:comeon:

Play dumb brehs :mjlol:

I gave it props for what it does right. In the case of this game it does more things wrong than it does right. Some of you guys are loving the Netflix episodes at the end of every chapter. Makes perfect sense since that's what you guys use the console for more than anything. Halo is way better than this game. Quantum Break is a movie with a small amount of gunplay mixed in. That might be dope for some people but for me this isn't the Xbox savior I wanted. A roughly 5 - 6 hour game with 1 hour of actual gameplay. This is a 3rd person shooter in 2016 that doesn't have mechanics that have been available for only God knows how long.

Why the fukk you keep typing this same shyt over and over again?:mjlol:

Be a Stan brehs :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When you made that comment by your own admission you hadn't even if finished the first one hour chapter which only had about 5 - 10 minutes max of actual gun fighting. But I get it, you don't need to play a game to be an expert on it. I forgot who I was talking to.
You made your cmoments about the gameplay after only playing the first act as well.

Be a dummy brehs :heh: