Quantum Break Official Thread (Out Now for Xbox One and PC)

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Started playing last night. I'll leave a detailed impression when I finish the first chapter.
I'll say this, and those of you that have played more can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this game has a Dodge/roll function, ability to shoot behind cover, or melee, which I find disappointing for this type of game.
some sort of "melee"" comes later in the game and u can't necessarily shoot while in cover but u can pop up shooting while in cover then go directly back in cover when u stop shooting

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Finished the first chapter. My impression so far: The game is OK. Graphics are very good. I've noticed a lot of pop up and frame stuttering (which was not intentionally part of the game). The controls are a not terrible, but they arent as tight as other 3rd person shooters, such as The Division. This game shines most during combat, however, its missing a regular roll/Dodge and a dedicated melee button for up close encounters. There is a special dash button, but the lack of a regular roll is annoying. The cover mechanic works, although other games have done it better, but it definitely works. Not being able to shoot from behind cover is a huge annoyance to me as well. My biggest gripe about this game in my short time playing it is the long cut scene at the end of the chapter. Some people have praised them for this, I thought it completely sucked and destroyed the pacing of the game. The concept is cool, but I felt like it was entirely to long. All in all, I'm optimistic about the game still and have had a decent amount of fun. I'll leave more impressions as I go along. At this point, I would not say this will make a ps4 Stan a believer, but if you have an xb1 you should definitely pick this game up at least at red box. Its fun. The story is interesting as well, although a lot of its elements have been done before by other games. Little Finger from game of thrones plays a good part in this game too.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Finished the first chapter. My impression so far: The game is OK. Graphics are very good. I've noticed a lot of pop up and frame stuttering (which was not intentionally part of the game). The controls are a not terrible, but they arent as tight as other 3rd person shooters, such as The Division. This game shines most during combat, however, its missing a regular roll/Dodge and a dedicated melee button for up close encounters. There is a special dash button, but the lack of a regular roll is annoying. The cover mechanic works, although other games have done it better, but it definitely works. Not being able to shoot from behind cover is a huge annoyance to me as well. My biggest gripe about this game in my short time playing it is the long cut scene at the end of the chapter. Some people have praised them for this, I thought it completely sucked and destroyed the pacing of the game. The concept is cool, but I felt like it was entirely to long. All in all, I'm optimistic about the game still and have had a decent amount of fun. I'll leave more impressions as I go along. At this point, I would not say this will make a ps4 Stan a believer, but if you have an xb1 you should definitely pick this game up at least at red box. Its fun. The story is interesting as well, although a lot of its elements have been done before by other games. Little Finger from game of thrones plays a good part in this game too.
tech u can shoot behind cover but not while crouching if u ever heard the term (corner sniping) like when you're standing behind a wall the reticule will still turn red and u basically can shoot enemies thru the wall aka behind the covering you're hiding behind :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not supposed to be played as a cover shooter. You are supposed to be zipping around using your powers, not standing behind cover like other games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not supposed to be played as a cover shooter. You are supposed to be zipping around using your powers, not standing behind cover like other games.
Then why include anything more than a handgun? How would the ability to do something like shoot behind cover, roll/dive away from danger, or melee attack someone take away from the experience? The guy can control time but is unable to crouch and pull a trigger? The game is very much a third person shooter, missing some key third person shooter elements. The character doesnt have infinite time powers. Its not like you can keep pressing the time dash button over and over to get out of the way of bullets. Along with his powers he should have some very normal, and reasonable abilities. This isn't saying the game is horrible, its just something that would have actually made the game more enjoyable. Many other reviews online have said the same thing. That 20 minute episode after the chapter was boring too and completely ruined the pace of the game for me. The first chapter took me roughly an hour (give or take 15 minutes). I enjoyed it, albeit with a few things I didn't like. I'm sure I'll be done with the game in one or two more sit downs when I find myself with the time.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
The TV show at the end is one of the best parts of the game breh. I love the storyline and the integration.

I agree about the melee option. That is annoying because the enemies can use the melee option:dahell:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The TV show at the end is one of the best parts of the game breh. I love the storyline and the integration.

I agree about the melee option. That is annoying because the enemies can use the melee option:dahell:
So the portion of the game where you don't actually play for 20 minutes is one of the best parts of this game?

I'm the biggest Metal Gear Solid stan on this board and even I had something to say about the long cut scenes.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just taking a quick look at Brokengamezhd playing this and something funny happened. He walked into a room where nobody saw him(The enemies were facing away from him and were far away. He walks behind a wall and suddenly the enemies go "He's here! Get on your guard!" when there was no way in hell someone saw him. No stealth mechanics either made it look weird.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
I was just taking a quick look at Brokengamezhd playing this and something funny happened. He walked into a room where nobody saw him(The enemies were facing away from him and were far away. He walks behind a wall and suddenly the enemies go "He's here! Get on your guard!" when there was no way in hell someone saw him. No stealth mechanics either made it look weird.
:russ: this hasn't happened to me