QC artist Lil Marlo(Lil Baby’s best friend) shot and killed in ATL

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Black Thought, Lupe Fiasco, Elzhi, Ab-Soul, Killer Mike, Brother Ali, Wale, Joey Badass, and Mos Def are doing well mentally. Only Blu and Hamilton fell off. And neither of them was particularly woke.

They might be doing well mentally, but you just named most of what should be the biggest names in hip hop today, and none of them (besides Tribe, who doesn’t belong with the others) lived up to their true potential musically, because the industry didn’t support them as music artists.

Just imagine if 80% of those artists were given the financial backing, along with the creative freedom, to truly create the great hip hop music they were capable of making at their artistic peaks...

We missed out on a lot of great albums.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Black Thought, Lupe Fiasco, Elzhi, Ab-Soul, Killer Mike, Brother Ali, Wale, Joey Badass, and Mos Def are doing well mentally. Only Blu and Hamilton fell off. And neither of them was particularly woke.
He’s been arguing with random people on Twitter for the last few days on if his wife is light skin or not. That nikka ain’t right in the head either

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speak Evil, don't be surprised when it comes to you.

PAC always rapping about death

xxxtentacion always rapping about suicide and wanting to die

:yeshrug:
Exactly. Don’t forget Biggies ready to die and life after death.

People still don’t understand that life and death are in the power of the tongue. They speak things into existence without realizing it.

50 Cent said he had this conversation with Pop Smoke about his words before he died.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
RIP to Marlo
Mfs keep talking about invisible label boogeymen cause they don’t wanna accept that people love the goonery

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I mean....

You wanna go out on a limb and say road rage:ld:

Dont want to be that guy, but its almost certain he was directly/indirectly involved in something and they got him...
While I too believe the latter.....until we know anything it’s all speculation....shouldn’t judge a man, specially a deceased one

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The crazy thing is we started that. Like remember the backpack era? Then we had guys like Blu, Cudi, Lupe, of course Kanye and Drake. Then idk what happened, I think the record labels didn’t like black people moving away from violence, so they started pushing for gangsta rap again. Then Chief Keef came out and it all took off from there
Labels do not push for violence, labels do not care about anything but green. You forget that they push everyone who can make green equally, no matter if it's christian bands, christian rappers, country singers, gospel singers, white rappers, black rappers, RnB singers, rock bands whatever. Increasingly so, seeing how most rappers start bubbling on their own through the internet and then sign, i.e. it's data driven.

People need to stop acting like labels are anything other than capitalist vehicles with one objective, making as much money as possible for their owners.

The perhaps 5 biggest rappers as of this lately excluding old heads are Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott and Post Malone. Very far from what you are saying. Top contenders are Uzi Vert, Chance the rapper, Future, Big Sean, Young Thug, DaBaby, Meek, Tyler the creator, Gunna and Lil Baby, Migos, A boogie, Childish Gambino, and on. Which is a bit more diverse.

And in the era of Kanye and Cudi (and you mentioned Blu who sold zero units, there's like a million indie artists out), we had Jeezy, Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, The Game, 50 cent, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, T.I., Cam'ron and on dominating.

Daps
sticky wasnt getting busy bruh. We around the way know this.
Some of you niqqas dikk ride niqqas youve never met. That niqqa used to cut my flattop when my barber country wasnt around. I remember debating with him when he said EPMD sold out writing you had too much to drink. I grew up around real Franklin and Nostrand Ave goons. He wasnt a goon. The same way football gave me a safe space, he operated from his own safe space being a house music head. Them niqqas werent about the streets. fukk outta here.

you internet dudes always trying to change niqqas realities who lived and breathed shyt around people.
Fredro was definitely about the streets, as was the other cat Sonny, who was in and out of jail.

:francis:

Daps
Labels do not push for violence, labels do not care about anything but green. You forget that they push everyone who can make green equally, no matter if it's christian bands, christian rappers, country singers, gospel singers, white rappers, black rappers, RnB singers, rock bands whatever. Increasingly so, seeing how most rappers start bubbling on their own through the internet and then sign, i.e. it's data driven.

People need to stop acting like labels are anything other than capitalist vehicles with one objective, making as much money as possible for their owners.

The perhaps 5 biggest rappers as of this lately excluding old heads are Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott and Post Malone. Very far from what you are saying. Top contenders are Uzi Vert, Chance the rapper, Future, Big Sean, Young Thug, DaBaby, Meek, Tyler the creator, Gunna and Lil Baby, Migos, A boogie, Childish Gambino, and on. Which is a bit more diverse.

And in the era of Kanye and Cudi (and you mentioned Blu who sold zero units, there's like a million indie artists out), we had Jeezy, Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, The Game, 50 cent, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, T.I., Cam'ron and on dominating.
Post Malone is a rapper?

:russ:

TheJaymes

Banned
Daps
I don't know this guy. But fukk him and any other guy like him. I'm tired of these nikkas getting on these records talking about how hard they are. Yes, hes hard now on a slab with his eyes closed. Stop glorifying this shyt. The out comes will always be prisons and grave yards. Talked all this gang shyt, pointing all those guns. Didn't have nan gun with him. Just him slumped over in his car on I-285.