Purge 3: Election year (Official Thread)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cool concept but both movies arent that good. they are enjoyable though. i liked the first one more as a movie, but i find myself able to rewatch the 2nd one more because it takes place more on the streets.
The first one was a huge let down, the second one was piff

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
I posted this elsewhere and people were hating saying this is getting played like Saw did, Im like :usure:

Purge is a whole universe where you can create so manh stories, hell they cam do a part 4 about the Revolutionary group in 2 on a mission to overtake the govt and it would be:blessed:.
Yoo forreal. I could watch Purge movies forever. They should make a TV show out of it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yoo forreal. I could watch Purge movies forever. They should make a TV show out of it.

I think dropping one every few yrs to correlate with current social issues is brilliant. I can see them doing the next one and tying it into say the Brexit stuff and other nations wanting to introduce a Purge to combat their immigration "issues".

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Double Toasted really was on point with this dumb shyt
What if i wanna blow up the entire city?
These muthafukkas on some small time shyt.
You REALLY wanna purge blow up the White House! :deadmanny:

Be short sighted making do whatever you wanna do movies brehs

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Double Toasted really was on point with this dumb shyt
What if i wanna blow up the entire city?
These muthafukkas on some small time shyt.
You REALLY wanna purge blow up the White House! :deadmanny:

Be short sighted making do whatever you wanna do movies brehs
Did you say same shyt when Michael Jordan beat the monstars?

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I hear it's :trash:

I liked the 2nd better than the 1st but this got the recipe for a borderline comedy :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I posted this elsewhere and people were hating saying this is getting played like Saw did, Im like :usure:

Purge is a whole universe where you can create so manh stories, hell they cam do a part 4 about the Revolutionary group in 2 on a mission to overtake the govt and it would be:blessed:.
It being a universe, they need to depict independent stories
So far, they've tied together different story lines instead of just keeping it apart

They should make a TV series that leads up to the new movie release, while picking up from where the last Purge movie ended. No need to focus on characters of the last movie, just quick updates, then proceed with different story lines that shows the after effects of the "recent" purge

The infinite possibilities of this franchise's story line is overstimulating. Unfortunately, history has confirmed that they could easily ruin the franchise too

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
I hear it's :trash:

I liked the 2nd better than the 1st but this got the recipe for a borderline comedy
Reviews look in line with my expectations. 56% RT rating (which is good for this type of film).

Critics said:
The violence is too tantalizing, too stylized, too fetishistic - the film features killers dressed in fanciful Halloween costumes who dance and sing as they dismember people.

"The Purge: Election Year" takes itself just seriously enough to provide the expected measure of fun - a blend of aggression, release and relief.

The writer/director has a lot to say, but this neo-grindhouse framework isn't built for complexity. Still, the film is just bonkers enough to work.
:manny: