Purge 3: Election year (Official Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
this shyt gonna be dope on some purge/olympus has fallen shyt :ohlawd:....GRILLO DA GAWD!!

I posted this elsewhere and people were hating saying this is getting played like Saw did, Im like :usure:

Purge is a whole universe where you can create so manh stories, hell they cam do a part 4 about the Revolutionary group in 2 on a mission to overtake the govt and it would be:blessed:.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Bruh the director himself said they could only do so much because of the budget. Thats why u didnt see shyt else happening just quick camera snaps. The idea and recoup was enough to green light the 2nd
I'm not doubting that they didn't have a budget

The idea of the world was still more intriguing
The movie wasn't even executed poorly imo

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved the second one, which came as a total surprise....One of the better horror movies I've seen in the last few years, easily, with a lot to say, I thought, about income inequality, poverty, exploitation of the underclass...

I think it works when he world view is bigger, but the stories stay small and personalized, I don't want to see a Hunger Games style movie about the revolution, fighting the oppression, it loses all it's sense of horror, at that point, and becomes overblown, Hollywood bullshyt.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
saw got repetitive

every purge movie is from a different perspective

Saw 1 is a legitimate horror classic. Purge 1 was garbage and 2nd was mediocre.

No, I dont think yall got what I meant. I wasnt necessarily talking about the quality. I was talking about how like with Saw, it was a "niche" movie with an intriguing idea that came out the blue and then all off a sudden down there line it was like "lets spam these sequels out.":lolbron:

This shyt about to be like the COD or Assassin Creed of movies. I can see them taking this to atleast 6 movies cuz on paper it is a cool concept and you dont necessarily gotta keep the same characters, you can plug in new people every movie..... maybe keep one guy rolling over like the main guy in this.... but you can change locations, cities, etc and just do the same shyt over over again in slightly different ways.

Watch there be a Purge 4: Retaliation in 2018!:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No, I dont think yall got what I meant. I wasnt necessarily talking about the quality. I was talking about how like with Saw, it was a "niche" movie with an intriguing idea that came out the blue and then all off a sudden down there line it was like "lets spam these sequels out.":lolbron:

This shyt about to be like the COD or Assassin Creed of movies. I can see them taking this to atleast 6 movies cuz on paper it is a cool concept and you dont necessarily gotta keep the same characters, you can plug in new people every movie..... maybe keep one guy rolling over like the main guy in this.... but you can change locations, cities, etc and just do the same shyt over over again in slightly different ways.

Watch there be a Purge 4: Retaliation in 2018!:mjlol:
don't forget the prequel of how it all started

Purge 5: The First Massacre

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
cool concept but both movies arent that good. they are enjoyable though. i liked the first one more as a movie, but i find myself able to rewatch the 2nd one more because it takes place more on the streets.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah, while I'll see this probably this weekend, and hope for the best, it looks like they did exactly what I was thinking would happen during the 2nd, (which I mostly loved), basically blowing up the budget, expanding the universe, going all out franchise, Hunger Games esque, with politicians and revolutions......The movies strength to me was in the small stories told of Purge survival and how that translated into the big picture....This looks less like horror and more like pure action. The all to familiar Hollywood trajectory comes into play, watch this director get a major franchise looks next and never look back.