Purdy Brown Eyes...Not A Jimmy G Thing Either...No Homo…Official 2022 San Francisco 49ers Thread!

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
What is crazy is that your not wrong. It seems more and more of the Bay Area media are coming to that conclusion.

I think most of their points have been mentioned, but that stat with the turnovers is really crazy

being 2nd worst in turnovers since Kyle got here, but the offense is run-first and conservative as fukk and predicated on guys like Deebo to do heavy lifting YAC. like it doesnt even make sense. conservative run-first offenses with good defenses win because they dont turn the ball over.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I have more faith in them to make the right decisions with a stacked team than Shanny. The majority listed don't have a stacked team.
Stacked team.
FfKd25lXkAAY6Sj

We're the most injured team in the NFL over Shanny's tenure.

King Kreole

Daps
Yeah, not sure this "show me better HCs" based only on playoff results will tell us anything. I mean, McDermott got fukked by Kansas City doing impossible things twice and Kyle not only got lucky in Lambeau last year (defense and ST, miraculously, gave us the W), he was the main reason we chocked against the Rams in the NFCCG.
I judge a head coach by how the team performs. The goal of football is to win games and win the superbowl. If the team is winning, the coach is doing a better job than if the team is losing. Simple. Good coaches can lose games, but if you're consistently in playoff pushes and SB contenders, then I have a hard time seeing how the coach is bad. I don't think McDermott got fukked, he just got beat by a better coach and better team. I don't think Kyle got lucky, we beat the Packers in a messy game on both sides. Yes, football is a game of inches, but Shanahan has had a fair share of bad luck in his tenure. He's not some uniquely lucky coach. He was literally 1 missed play away from winning the Superbowl.

Not sure anyone would've put people like Arians or Pederson as "better coaches" than Shanahan before they won a ring, but they were able to lead their stacked teams to a Lombardi, same could be said about McVay. If you believe Kyle can do it even though he keeps showing he won't budge on his past mistakes, more power to you but don't act like it's impossible to replace him either.
I'm not saying it's impossible to replace him, I'm saying the odds of finding another coach who can produce better results are objectively incredibly low. We've been one of the most successful teams in the NFL over the past few years. The only available coach I see that would be confident in making a move for is Payton. If you think Shanahan is a worse than average coach, then taking the gamble on a dice roll makes sense. But for all our frustration this season, we're still 1st in our division with significant injuries to our QB1, RB1, LT1, DE1, DT1, DT2, CB2, and S1. I don't know any other team in the league doing that. Perspective.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I judge a head coach by how the team performs. The goal of football is to win games and win the superbowl. If the team is winning, the coach is doing a better job than if the team is losing. Simple. Good coaches can lose games, but if you're consistently in playoff pushes and SB contenders, then I have a hard time seeing how the coach is bad. I don't think McDermott got fukked, he just got beat by a better coach and better team. I don't think Kyle got lucky, we beat the Packers in a messy game on both sides. Yes, football is a game of inches, but Shanahan has had a fair share of bad luck in his tenure. He's not some uniquely lucky coach. He was literally 1 missed play away from winning the Superbowl.

I'm not saying it's impossible to replace him, I'm saying the odds of finding another coach who can produce better results are objectively incredibly low. We've been one of the most successful teams in the NFL over the past few years. The only available coach I see that would be confident in making a move for is Payton. If you think Shanahan is a worse than average coach, then taking the gamble on a dice roll makes sense. But for all our frustration this season, we're still 1st in our division with significant injuries to our QB1, RB1, LT1, DE1, DT1, DT2, CB2, and S1. I don't know any other team in the league doing that. Perspective.
Breh you make it sound like we haven't had 3 losing seasons under Shanahan that weren't even close to a playoff berth. Dude losses a fukk ton of football games too. And you can't deny he's been a huge part of the Ls we took in the playoffs either, come on now.

And my point isn't about who is or isn't a better coach, it's about how sometimes the end result doesn't really tell the whole story. I don't believe Reid did anything better than McDemott, he just got the ball last. Just as I don't believe Kyle did anything better than LaFleur in that divisional game.

We have no idea who can end up being a good HC breh. Judging by what you are asking for a replacement, if this was 2010 and we named you "Jim Harbaugh" as possible replacement to Kyle you would completely dismiss it because he'd be completely unproven in the NFL or literally any OC or DC that ended up having success as HCs (shyt, Kyle included). Throwing names out there is a useless exercise, there's no such thing as a surefire replacement in the NFL, it's always a gamble.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Stacked team.
FfKd25lXkAAY6Sj

We're the most injured team in the NFL over Shanny's tenure.
Proving my point even more. The average coach would get a clue and get a reputable training staff. They also wouldn't go after so many players that are injury prone :francis:

Oh and Kyle is the WOAT SECOND HALF PLAY CALLER. It's not even close!!!

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Breh you make it sound like we haven't had 3 losing seasons under Shanahan that weren't even close to a playoff berth. Dude losses a fukk ton of football games too. And you can't deny he's been a huge part of the Ls we took in the playoffs either, come on now.

And my point isn't about who is or isn't a better coach, it's about how sometimes the end result doesn't really tell the whole story. I don't believe Reid did anything better than McDemott, he just got the ball last. Just as I don't believe Kyle did anything better than LaFleur in that divisional game.

We have no idea who can end up being a good HC breh. Judging by what you are asking for a replacement, if this was 2010 and we named you "Jim Harbaugh" as possible replacement to Kyle you would completely dismiss it because he'd be completely unproven in the NFL or literally any OC or DC that ended up having success as HCs (shyt, Kyle included). Throwing names out there is a useless exercise, there's no such thing as a surefire replacement in the NFL, it's always a gamble.
It's about decision making. The coaches I named would be better decision makers. It's deplorable with Kyle. From players to training to play calling. Make Ryans the HC and tell that big eared fakkit to leave the playbook. :mjlol:

Last edited:

King Kreole

Daps
If your team stinks, which we did when we hired Shanny, then the head coach generally gets a grace period to turn things around, which is exactly what Shanny did. If his record was reversed and he started off with 3 impressive seasons and then clocked 3 garbage seasons, then this would be a very different discussion and calls to replace him would be more justified because we'd be going nowhere. But that's not the case here. We went to the NFC Championship last year and were in all likelihood a dropped pick from going to the Superbowl, and this year we're first in the division and folks are talking about getting rid of the head coach? That's wild to me. And I don't think he's been a huge part of the playoff Ls. The SB loss he called the right game winning play, Jimmy and Sanders didn't connect on it. The NFCC loss was a dropped pick away from being a W. In neither of those games did he call a shyt game. Perfect games from him? Not at all, but they weren't the 28-3 SB he had as Falcons OC.

Yeah I agree on this point, it wouldn't have been a sporting injustice if the Bills or Packers ended up winning those games. McDermott and LaFleur are both really good coaches. Like Kyle. Neither of their fan bases are calling for their heads though. Unlike Kyle.

Also agreed, making a HC change is a big gamble, no way of knowing it will work out. Which is my entire point. You take the gamble if you have nothing to lose. We have something to lose. Shanny is basically exactly at where McVay was at last year: A SB loss season, then a missed playoffs season, then a deep playoff push season, then leading your division by week 7. Imagine if the Rams fans were calling for McVay to be replaced last year mid-season.

We hadn't had a winning season in 8 years when we hired Harbaugh. We've been in 2 of the past 3 NFC Championship games. Totally different situation.

Anyway my point is that it takes a very entitled fanbase to be upset with the direction of a team that was 1 play from going to the SB the prior season and is currently leading their division. The vast majority of teams in this league would jump at the chance to trade their HC for ours.