Purdy Brown Eyes...Not A Jimmy G Thing Either...No Homo…Official 2022 San Francisco 49ers Thread!

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
McCaffery would cost us a second or third and will play two to three games before getting hurt. Kyle takes a grind them out approach to the game, similarly to haurbaugh but your team has to have the right type of practice and physical development for that to happen. The lack of physical practice in the off-season and regular season doesn’t prepare the body for that grind which is why we have so many injuries

all teams are under the same restrictions

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Damning and is an indictment on Mr Genius and Jimmy. But they'll get the benefit of the doubt being white.

Yep, them being white and Shannahan being a shannahan gives him a ridiculous amount of leeway that no other coach let alone a black coach will ever get. It is crazy how we have all this hard data showing that Kyle is fugazi but is still oh no he is a genius.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Yooooo

I’m glad you called thar shyt out

I keep seeing this EVERY week and be like :gucci:

And surprised not one of use mentioned it either.

It’s like legit the RB takes the handoff, closes his eyes and runs forward

shyt be killing me :russ:

shyt irritates me and is completely against the zone block concept. The point is to not have a dedicated lane but to find an open lane and cut into it or run across the back of a lineman

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
shyt irritates me and is completely against the zone block concept. The point is to not have a dedicated lane but to find an open lane and cut into it or run across the back of a lineman

Wilson lacks vision but Kyle likes him I felt Jordan Mason had the best vision of the three but he gets no burn for some reason while Tevin Coleman gets burn

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yep, them being white and Shannahan being a shannahan gives him a ridiculous amount of leeway that no other coach let alone a black coach will ever get. It is crazy how we have all this hard data showing that Kyle is fugazi but is still oh no he is a genius.
We're currently first in the division and we've been to a Superbowl and a Conference Championship in 2 of the past 3 seasons. The vast majority of teams in the league would be very happy with that situation. There's no way Kyle should be on the hot seat if we're being honest. There's only one coach who has had more success than him in the same time-frame is McVay. McDermott, Reich, Vrabel, Taylor, LaFleur are all less successful than Kyle and none of them are on the verge of being fired. Kyle annoys me as much as the next Niners fan, but if you look at the coaching ranks objectively, the odds of finding a better option are quite limited imo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
We're currently first in the division and we've been to a Superbowl and a Conference Championship in 2 of the past 3 seasons. The vast majority of teams in the league would be very happy with that situation. There's no way Kyle should be on the hot seat if we're being honest. There's only one coach who has had more success than him in the same time-frame is McVay. McDermott, Reich, Vrabel, Taylor, LaFleur are all less successful than Kyle and none of them are on the verge of being fired. Kyle annoys me as much as the next Niners fan, but if you look at the coaching ranks objectively, the odds of finding a better option are quite limited imo.
Why are you picking that time frame? :jbhmm: Kyle has been our coach for 6 seasons not three.

And how the hell is McVay less succesful? He's had 2 Superbowl appearences with 1 ring in the past 4 seasons :dead:

Of all the coaches you listed, only Reicht and Taylor have losing seasons like Kyle has with us. In fact, Taylor is basically in the same spot Kyle was after year three: two bad seasons to stack the roster with talent and take them to the SB in year three. Of course nobody will question his post, no one was questioning Kyle's after 2019 either.

And while I agree Kyle won't be in the hot seat anytime soon, there's certainly a case for Kyle being in it. His teams lose way too much (when we don't make the playoffs, we fukking suck, there's no in between) and all of our problems are mainly his doing: QB situation, OLine situation, RB situation, injuries (like other have said, there has to be a something going on with the way we prepare and train to explain 6 straight fukking years of big injuries). I wouldn't be shocked if eventually he gets over the hump like Andy Reid did, but I no longer think he's gonna do it with the Niners.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why are you picking that time frame? :jbhmm: Kyle has been our coach for 6 seasons not three.

And how the hell is McVay less succesful? He's had 2 Superbowl appearences with 1 ring in the past 4 seasons :dead:

Of all the coaches you listed, only Reicht and Taylor have losing seasons like Kyle has with us. In fact, Taylor is basically in the same spot Kyle was after year three: two bad seasons to stack the roster with talent and take them to the SB in year three. Of course nobody will question his post, no one was questioning Kyle's after 2019 either.

And while I agree Kyle won't be in the hot seat anytime soon, there's certainly a case for Kyle being in it. His teams lose way too much (when we don't make the playoffs, we fukking suck, there's no in between) and all of our problems are mainly his doing: QB situation, OLine situation, RB situation, injuries (like other have said, there has to be a something going on with the way we prepare and train to explain 6 straight fukking years of big injuries). I wouldn't be shocked if eventually he gets over the hump like Andy Reid did, but I no longer think he's gonna do it with the Niners.

Breh….

He literally said he was more successful :skip:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I picked the 3 most recent seasons, it's a "what have you done for me lately" league. Shanny took over a pretty bad team.

Of all the coaches I listed, only 2 have taken their team to the superbowl. Out of all those guys Shanny is behind only McVay in success. All of the other teams would probably trade their coaches tenures for Shanny's tenure. Taylor is a good comparison, I agree he's basically in the same spot as Kyle, and I doubt he'd be on the hot seat if he takes the team to the Conference championship within the next 2 years. And he shouldn't be given how rare success is in the NFL. If we wanna roll the dice, it's more likely we end up with a Kliff Kingsbury or Matt Ruhle than one of the 5 head coaches in the NFL better than Kyle.

I think our uniquely terrible history with injuries under Shanny's tenure is the major x-factor here. If McVay or Reid or Pete had to deal with the injury history we've had, they'd probably have had worse runs than Shanny has. Now, I have yet to see a reasonable answer for exactly how this is Shanny's fault and what he's doing wrong here, but I'm open to it. Until then, I'm chalking it up to (very) bad luck.

The QB situation has been bungled, but our RB situation has been incredible, he's turned 6th-round Eli Mitchell, undrafted Jeff Wilson, undrafted Raheem Mostert, and undrafted Matt Breida into highly productive NFL RBs, none of which have done anything outside Shanny's system.

I think he can get over the hump, and I'd prefer he does it with our team. I'm just skeptical of kneejerk change after the Tomsula and Kelly eras.