Daps
Reppin
LDN
iPISfkDOIsqUp.png
:nazipunk:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Punk is Teflon, he'll be back. and even if he doesnt ,WWE just gave DC Dave the RR over him. Id hold them hostage too. Punk made it without being a company favorite, Who else can say that?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A stone cold fanboy till the bitter end

I wonder if Vince is going to say goodbye and leave a Pepsi can in the middle of the ring

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Just so we're clear......This is all about Best for Business right? *insert HHH smiley*

thevarangian

complete mark
Daps
It's a dirt sheet so there's probably only 1 true element to it and the rest is made up. He likely left and went home and now people are speculating based on what they ASSUME is the reason.

That said: Punk is one of the hardest working wrestlers in the biz. If anyone deserves a long-term vacation it's him. That pissant vacation they gave him was pathetic even though he came back looking like a million bucks he clearly needs more time.

Go home, rest up, be family man. Come back and be the best in the world again.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Batista winning that Royal Rumble was the catalyst for the smark revolution...... Punk bounced, Foley broke his TV, His son blacked out on FB and Bryan is over but still won't walk away champ. What's sad is Kevin Nash will do a shoot on this one day and act like his rumble appearance was the straw that broke the camel's back.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:ohhh: If true then he might be about to reach Jeff Jarrett levels of burning bridges. They have basically throwing him to the side after his 400+ day reign and WM match though. I'm guessing he's either in one of his moods or is trying to leverage them for a better spot.

Punk's loos is Bryan's gain:myman:. But when that gain is being stuck in a storyline and match with HHH :lupe:.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Punk has a point.

He was the longest running WWE champ last year witha pretty good heel run then he gets squashed by part timer The Rock.

Then he goes on to steal the show at Wrestlemania 29 with Undertaker.

Then he goes on vacation and returns in his hometown with a 5 star match with Jericho at ''Payback''

Match of the year with Brock Lesnar Summerslam.

Carries the Wyatts to a classic Tag Team ''main event'' at Survivor Series.

Yet he gets passed up for the Undisputed title match at TLC and Batista walks in and steals his Royal Rumble win and ''Road to Wrestlemania'' moment that was likely penciled in for him.

Punk has all right to be pissed
From the sense of WWE being a normal job, this would make nikkas come back and shoot up an office.

Why even care, brehs? We been through this back and forth, up and down, in and out. The enjoyment from this shyt comes from the talent, period. People act like drawing people to the arena to look at the ring and admire the stage is what wrestling has been about is stupid. Point is, those that stay do not always pan out.

John Cena will forever be the greatest anomaly in this business, because I don't think he did his come-up by having any prior leverage. Everyone else that has tasted some form of his success has fluctuated over the years. Even the Undertaker, who has had the most consistent run that can compare to Cena's, never got his consistent top spot or title runs. Even his gimmick has been fukked with over the years, till they said "fukk it, deadman and streak numbers".

If you like Punk or diss him, it's a waste of time going over the whats and the whys repeatedly. Been done before, will be done again. Like ALL businesses worth a good gotdamned in this world, it's not about what you know, it's who you know. You can show up and be a midcarding low-expectation talent and have a job for years and years without incident. If you are a top-tier talent, better be ready to play ball.

Liggins was right about something, because there most definitely WILL be some Roman Reigns backlash at some point. Being obviously talented, but singled out from the SHIELD as the chosen one will eventually get to people who recognized that as being Triple H's boy, or "Kliq'd up".

CM Punk might be in a lose-lose if all of this is true, from a rasslin PR perspective. He can't voice his opinion in ways he would probably like to and not get shytted on/buried in a promo and be forgotten. Nor could he just walk away like Austin without a word, cuz he "took his ball and went home".

I said it before, completely forgot about it, but I'll say it again, as it applied to my personal GOAT:

If you love someone in this biz, PRAY they don't ever sniff the main event spot.

Daps
Crazy, two or three years ago people would be melting down with emotion but now people are actually mocking him. This was a guy who could do no wrong, an internet darling. A year long title reign later.......

Bryan it can happen to you.
Some real shyt here

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
I feel like Punk doesn't really like what the wrestling business has become, but he reluctantly sticks around because it's his best opportunity to make tons of cash. I don't think he's all about money by any means, but he knows it makes sense to make the big money while he can.

Once in awhile, though, his frustration with the business supersedes everything else and he needs to leave for awhile.

I'm guessing the straw that broke the camel's back this particular time was Batista waltzing in and immediately taking a top spot after being away for four years and seemingly not giving a shyt about the business the whole time. Punk hates shyt like that, and that's understandable, but he should probably know by now that WWE will always operate that way.

He's been uninspired for awhile, and it was probably just a matter of time before something sent him over the edge. Not the first time, and probably not the last.

Daps
There are just far too many people making excuses for this :snoop:

Didn't Austin do some similar crap, and get the same type of reaction from the internet?

For his sake, this dude Philip BETTER just be hurt :heh:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Hard to fully comment without knowing the real story. I respect the hell out of Punk as a performer though and if he felt like he had to dip i can't argue with that. Two things I will say is he should have been in the Mania 29 main event as a triple threat. That wouldn't have loss them any buys if anything it would've added more hype since we had already saw Rock vs Cena. Second he came back way too soon from that break. Seemed like they rushed him out of nowhere. Despite him being my favorite in the company his face run has been meh. Definitely a better heel.