Punk walks out of the WWE

Lunchbox

Pro
Daps
I still don't get why people are still chanting for CM Punk. He chose to abandon the fans especially knowing how much they appreciated him. I enjoy his work as a wrestler but he throws fits and tantrums at the drop of a hat. And like other people have been saying, many other wrestlers are stepping up since his absence (Cesaro being a perfect example).

Seriously dude? He didn't abandon shyt. He's boycotting WWE's bullshyt from the inside. The fans are simply showing their appreciation.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Seriously dude? He didn't abandon shyt. He's boycotting WWE's bullshyt from the inside. The fans are simply showing their appreciation.

Appreciation? People act like he's all about the fans when there are so many stories of him acting like a jackass to fans. He's always been about himself and advancing his career. Do you really think those chants are motivating him to come back?

Telling someone after the Royal Rumble right before the Road to Wrestlemania that you're going home would be considered abandoning. Especially since they most likely had plans for him that they now have to modify.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I agree. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking that he's boycotting because he wants to improve the product for the "fans". This is mainly about the fact that he was thrown into a weak storyline and would not be one of the highlighted matches at Wrestlemania.

Lunchbox

Pro
Daps
Appreciation? People act like he's all about the fans when there are so many stories of him acting like a jackass to fans. He's always been about himself and advancing his career. Do you really think those chants are motivating him to come back?

Telling someone after the Royal Rumble right before the Road to Wrestlemania that you're going home would be considered abandoning. Especially since they most likely had plans for him that they now have to modify.

The whole machine is geared to John Cena. I don't give a fukk how he acts towards fans because I for one am not one of those people who feel the need to approach other human beings for an autograph. That shyt went out the window when I was a kid. Now back to Punk and WWE. This dude elevated WWE to a level Cena never achieved. From ONE damn promo WWE stock rose. Their stock was on the fritz and from ONE damn promo from Punk WWE stock started moving again. Cena wasn't doing that. Punk did. Whats the program you give him when he returns? Triple H who beats him? You fukking serious? Then he is the opening act on damn near every show and PPV? He did a promo stating that no matter when he goes on he's the main event, cute, but do you really think he believed that shyt? The fans smelled what was going on and so did he. He was being buried. Cena is always last to go on if a match is happening and on the prime time slot if he's dropping a stupid promo. After all the bowls of shyt he ate, he's doing yet another program with Trips? He's not in the title picture? Remember when he had his breakout year? Who got superstar of the year? Cena. CENA, who had a scripted TERRIBLE year. I say scripted because WWE was just doing something to try and silence the Cena hate but we saw through that bullshyt. How the fukk does a dude who couldn't drop a meaningful promo in his life become superstar of the year losing to Tensai? And if you really think the FANS decide who wins those slammys you are mistaken. Punk did what he thought was right and I don't blame him.

Lunchbox

Pro
Daps
I agree. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking that he's boycotting because he wants to improve the product for the "fans". This is mainly about the fact that he was thrown into a weak storyline and would not be one of the highlighted matches at Wrestlemania.

I don't care what reason he had for doing it. I understand whatever frustration he has. WWE has been massaging Cena nuts for far too long. At least in the Attitude Era when Stone Cold was by far the man you had THREE other stars made that all could hold the company if one got injured. WWE is not doing that right now. Cena has been shoved down our throats every day with five pieces of bread and no water and I'm sick of it.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Rumor is one of his biggest issues is how the boys will be paid for ppv's with the network, I dont blame him for walking. I destroy my body and make you money hand over, I want to know how I'm going to be compenstated .

Plus who the hell wants to job to HHH.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well..no one could handle Austin's spot but the Rock which is why things worked out Had they both not been there, ratings would of collapsed 3 months after they were not there anymore and buyrates would of followed. Levasque was given the ball with no Rock and Austin before and that didn't work out..so they pushed Cena on top and Batista too.

CM Punk didn't move the needle though. He got disgusting ratings...all of his promos and his ways from 2011 was a carefully crafted disguise to up his pay and get a long title reign. He stopped trying to be a smart alleck rebel once these things happened. He was happy go lucky by the time we got to the Bryan/AJ program in mid 2012.

Lunchbox

Pro
Daps
Well..no one could handle Austin's spot but the Rock which is why things worked out Had they both not been there, ratings would of collapsed 3 months after they were not there anymore and buyrates would of followed. Levasque was given the ball with no Rock and Austin before and that didn't work out..so they pushed Cena on top and Batista too.

CM Punk didn't move the needle though. He got disgusting ratings...all of his promos and his ways from 2011 was a carefully crafted disguise to up his pay and get a long title reign. He stopped trying to be a smart alleck rebel once these things happened. He was happy go lucky by the time we got to the Bryan/AJ program in mid 2012.

Dude he purposely turned BACK heel because he saw there was no future in being a face with Cena still around. That should tell you something. He was not allowed to shine on television.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It does. He quit. Why say that? Well let's compare to a superior era with superior stars..in 1999, Austin was #1. Everyone agrees, right? Well after King of the Ring 99, it seemed like they wanted to push Rock down away from the main event and go with Austin/Cripple H. Right? The Rock wasn't having it. The guy did slick shyt all that time...he put himself over the belt and generated standing ovations that made Austin look secondary when he came out later in the show. It looked bad. Then the ratings got EXTREMELY high for his segments by Sept and they had to get him right back in the title picture by Unforgiven. That's what didn't happen with Punk during Cena's run...it's happening with Bryan though but not with Punk.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Lunchbox

Pro
Daps
It does. He quit. Why say that? Well let's compare to a superior era with superior stars..in 1999, Austin was #1. Everyone agrees, right? Well after King of the Ring 99, it seemed like they wanted to push Rock down away from the main event and go with Austin/Cripple H. Right? The Rock wasn't having it. The guy did slick shyt all that time...he put himself over the belt and generated standing ovations that made Austin look secondary when he came out later in the show. It looked bad. Then the ratings got EXTREMELY high for his segments by Sept and they had to get him right back in the title picture by Unforgiven. That's what didn't happen with Punk during Cena's run...it's happening with Bryan though but not with Punk.

I won't argue that one bit. We just have a difference of opinion on Punk walking.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The whole machine is geared to John Cena. I don't give a fukk how he acts towards fans because I for one am not one of those people who feel the need to approach other human beings for an autograph. That shyt went out the window when I was a kid. Now back to Punk and WWE. This dude elevated WWE to a level Cena never achieved. From ONE damn promo WWE stock rose. Their stock was on the fritz and from ONE damn promo from Punk WWE stock started moving again. Cena wasn't doing that. Punk did. Whats the program you give him when he returns? Triple H who beats him? You fukking serious? Then he is the opening act on damn near every show and PPV? He did a promo stating that no matter when he goes on he's the main event, cute, but do you really think he believed that shyt? The fans smelled what was going on and so did he. He was being buried. Cena is always last to go on if a match is happening and on the prime time slot if he's dropping a stupid promo. After all the bowls of shyt he ate, he's doing yet another program with Trips? He's not in the title picture? Remember when he had his breakout year? Who got superstar of the year? Cena. CENA, who had a scripted TERRIBLE year. I say scripted because WWE was just doing something to try and silence the Cena hate but we saw through that bullshyt. How the fukk does a dude who couldn't drop a meaningful promo in his life become superstar of the year losing to Tensai? And if you really think the FANS decide who wins those slammys you are mistaken. Punk did what he thought was right and I don't blame him.
They don't hear you though

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

You're definitely exaggerating Punk's impact. In terms of overall drawing power and ratings, he's never surpassed Cena.

And the stock? Really? How about the ratings? PPV buys when Punk was WWE Champion? And I guarantee that Punk will regret walking out just like Austin. And no one cares about the Slammys.

How Punk interacts with fans definitely does matter. He wants to be the face of the company but doesn't want to deal with the drawbacks/difficulties which is not realistic.

• Dap

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're definitely exaggerating Punk's impact. In terms of overall drawing power and ratings, he's never surpassed Cena.

And the stock? Really? How about the ratings? PPV buys when Punk was WWE Champion? And I guarantee that Punk will regret walking out just like Austin. And no one cares about the Slammys.

How Punk interacts with fans definitely does matter. He wants to be the face of the company but doesn't want to deal with the drawbacks/difficulties which is not realistic.
punk has no issue with cena ( cena being the real face something punk never asked to be he just wanted to head line mania > and cena isn't the champ . orton is a much bigger jerk than punk and he's a locker room trouble maker and 2 time wellness policy failure yet he's the champ and supposed to headline mania . Punk had some increases in ppv buys not huge increases but he did and he had minimal ratings gains and he's a huge merch seller ( things we can't attribute to orton recently ) and he's headlining possibly .
It does. He quit. Why say that? Well let's compare to a superior era with superior stars..in 1999, Austin was #1. Everyone agrees, right? Well after King of the Ring 99, it seemed like they wanted to push Rock down away from the main event and go with Austin/Cripple H. Right? The Rock wasn't having it. The guy did slick shyt all that time...he put himself over the belt and generated standing ovations that made Austin look secondary when he came out later in the show. It looked bad. Then the ratings got EXTREMELY high for his segments by Sept and they had to get him right back in the title picture by Unforgiven. That's what didn't happen with Punk during Cena's run...it's happening with Bryan though but not with Punk.[/quote]
Punks merch sales sky rocketed he wasn't the focal point of the ppvs as champ like dbry. Plus Austin and rock were brought up different and then mostly protected on top. Why do you compare the attitude era to now when they aren't anywhere near the same

More disgusting than Bryan's ?!? :patrice: and punks merchandise sales show he's over with fans that spend money , Bryan himself admitted that the ratings , buys and merch sales aren't the best which is why wwe was hesitant to push him. You keep lying about punk he was still cutting smart aleck promos and people complained in that raw threads how he was doing it all the time . Punk quit for a variety of reasons but we know he championed other wrestlers so stop acting like he doesn't care about making changes in wwe if he didn't he' wouldn't have left and just stayed to get a mania payday .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Much more disgusting than Bryan's. ..he got 2.4s. And Bryan's HIAC match out drew Punk's from the previous year. Lol. Wake up.

• Dap