PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though hiphopgamer is a sketchy source I believe there will be B.C. with the older generation but not in the way he is implying it. I can see PSNOW being revamped to play some of the generations and having the ability to download. But that’s going to be on an added basis similar to what Microsoft is doing. Only true BC I see Is with the PS4. But if I’m wrong and they figured out a way to make 100 percent compatible with PS1 - PS3 out the gate and with discs. It is fukking game over for Microsoft atleast with me anyway.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Even though hiphopgamer is a sketchy source I believe there will be B.C. with the older generation but not in the way he is implying it. I can see PSNOW being revamped to play some of the generations and having the ability to download. But that’s going to be on an added basis similar to what Microsoft is doing. Only true BC I see Is with the PS4. But if I’m wrong and they figured out a way to make 100 percent compatible with PS1 - PS3 out the gate and with discs. It is fukking game over for Microsoft atleast with me anyway.
If it’s anything, it’ll be digital. The future is disc-less. I’m sure the percentage of people like me that have all of there old games still is small and it’s not like Sony is about to re-start manufacturing old games so...

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it’s anything, it’ll be digital. The future is disc-less. I’m sure the percentage of people like me that have all of there old games still is small and it’s not like Sony is about to re-start manufacturing old games so...

Of course it will be digital I’m just saying if you have a old games and discs that works too out the gate.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I can't see myself playing alot of old shyt but Microsoft changed the game as far as backwards compatibility. To play something with upgraded performance and trophies / achievements make me far more likely to play some shyt.

The other thing is how mainstream digital purchases were this gen. To be able to download a whole gen worth of games to your new console, hopefully with upgrades, will be great.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I'm sceptical of this shyt though. I think it will be backwards compatibile with ps4 for sure. I think they'd want to push PS Now for older shyt than that.