PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seriously don't see me using BC like that because let's be real, by the time PS5/XsX comes out we'll be occupied and fixated on NEW games and new features. The exception is people just getting into titles that came out in the last year or so and upcoming current gen titles.

Plus, we don't know how they'll be handling cross gen games on PS5. Will they just simply allow you to buy the PS4 version and when you run it on PS5 have it download patches/updates that basically "remasters" the game? I hope so because there doesn't need to be any more remasters because at least with PS4 the remasters were there partly because there was no PS3 BC and older gen games deserved full on remakes(Crash, Spyro, SOTC etc.) With PS4 games they'll look amazing regardless so simply upping the image quality, having higher framerate options and better details would be enough.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If PS5 manages by a miracle to actually get the hard disk old games to work on the new system the used market for games will catch fire...:wow: I wanna cop def jam FFNY gonna restore the feelings...:banderas:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
So glad I still have a whole crate of old games.I didn't let Gamestop g me out of :banderas:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
.....yall nikkas got ps1 and ps2 CDs outchea?...perfect condition...no cd rot or scratches?
:ohhh:
image0.jpg

As a collector though this is just what I do

:yeshrug:

The issue is that this will truly be a niche type of thing, and not because of the backwards compat system in general, but because for the last 2 generations all the heavy hitters Sony has made us re-buy....Jak and Dax series, Rachet and clank, etc....all them remasters we had to rebuy on ps3 and ps4....so who needs the discs when I already got a digital version yall nikkas made me pay for in the first place.
:beli:

And while sony was being hoes about backwards compatibility after taking the feature away on the ps3 slims.....everybody just got use to using pcsx2 to do the shyt. Now if Sony can boost shyt to 4K then lets do it, but a marginal 480p bump to ps2 games in 2020 ain't even worth it. And I don't expect Sony to do 4K upscales for free at all, why should they when they have proven sales saying nikkas was willing to buy it.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I seriously don't see me using BC like that because let's be real, by the time PS5/XsX comes out we'll be occupied and fixated on NEW games and new features. The exception is people just getting into titles that came out in the last year or so and upcoming current gen titles.

Plus, we don't know how they'll be handling cross gen games on PS5. Will they just simply allow you to buy the PS4 version and when you run it on PS5 have it download patches/updates that basically "remasters" the game? I hope so because there doesn't need to be any more remasters because at least with PS4 the remasters were there partly because there was no PS3 BC and older gen games deserved full on remakes(Crash, Spyro, SOTC etc.) With PS4 games they'll look amazing regardless so simply upping the image quality, having higher framerate options and better details would be enough.
lol if its anything like the PS4/Xbone your whole premise is incorrect

we was still talking about PS3 focused games/ports for like 2 years after

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
image0.jpg

As a collector though this is just what I do

:yeshrug:

The issue is that this will truly be a niche type of thing, and not because of the backwards compat system in general, but because for the last 2 generations all the heavy hitters Sony has made us re-buy....Jak and Dax series, Rachet and clank, etc....all them remasters we had to rebuy on ps3 and ps4....so who needs the discs when I already got a digital version yall nikkas made me pay for in the first place.

And while sony was being hoes about backwards compatibility after taking the feature away on the ps3 slims.....everybody just got use to using pcsx2 to do the shyt. Now if Sony can boost shyt to 4K then lets do it, but a marginal 480p bump to ps2 games in 2020 ain't even worth it.

:beli:
I dont actively buy PS2 games but I deffo maintain the shyt I got. All my DBZ games could run as well as they did Day 1

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Are all these old PS games gonna be software emulated? Because I'd love to the design of a motherboard that has every PS CPU and GPU on the same board.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
everyone wants college basketball/football back. Tired of madden and nba 2k/live whatever.
the worst thing is even the ppl at EA would tell you, all the innovative shyt theyd do for Madden would be on NCAA first. They were simply made better. the CBB game would be dope as fukk too with the AAU/HS basketball scene being so big. Custom rosters would be piff

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol if its anything like the PS4/Xbone your whole premise is incorrect

we was still talking about PS3 focused games/ports for like 2 years after,
PS4/Xbox didn't have BC. Xbox One got it several years after it launched. This time we know they'll have BC so PS4 games won't need remasters/ports since they'll just work on PS5 so it's not like this gen at the start.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I said that because this generation had so few games to start out. The only notable games to begin with were either previous gen ports or got tacked on for the PS4/Xbone as well. I dont think we'll NEED BC this time around, but if it did end up like that, you might as well have BC. There's no reason not to have it.