PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I’m sick of you fools not appreciating me. I called it that this would happen years ago. YEARS AGO!!! Now y’all wanna act like what was said was never said even though it’s all documented. Nobody wants to tell the truth!? Y’all lied! And you all worshipped each other for it!
You called PS1-4 BC years ago? :gucci: Link that post breh

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would be an absolute game changer if they upscaled the originals. Give me HD classics. I mean the emulators already do for free Sony should be able to figure it out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Who didn't know this tho???:dahell: we've always heard that the PS5 would be BC since the inception... it was always speculated...:dwillhuh: this isn't NEW news...

BC with PS4 was going to be standard. But we know about the issues with PS3 BC because of the cell processor structure they used. PS1 and PS2 would be nice.

Gamestop probably like :blessed:

But I bet this shyt will be for digital PS1-PS3 titles and disc BC will be for PS4 only. :wtb:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Need a better source than those horrible comic bait articles.

That said I still have my ps1, ps2 and PS3 games. My PS3 console is still hooked up only for College Hoops 2k8. If this is true then I can box that console up and put it in storage.

still got my college hoops 2k8 as well. :wow:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
skepticalhippo.jpg

I'd need details. Most likely it'd be software emulation...but in the unlikely event that it's hardware based and you can put in any PS disc from any iteration and it works with minimal fuss and none of the usual consoler angles? :banderas:

It's still physical copies forever :ufdup:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
So ps1, 2, and 3 games I bought and downloaded I should just be able to download them on the ps5 if true. Any word on if disc will work ? If so I may have to try and find a copy of smackdown here comes the pain

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Then the Sony stans in here can explain in vivid detail why it was completely impossible technologically but god Sony made it work for ps5. Seriously. Y’all are going to HATE me if this end up being true in ANY form.
@MeachTheMonster @PS4 are y’all hearing this?
we won't hear any new arguments. this ended up being all they did with the Vita. And outside of a few options, Nintendo has been doing it for a while too. calling it BC flat out is technically accurate but kind of misleading at the same time

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:whoo:

Ive always felt this was Sony’s trump card and if true, Microsoft might as well call it quits.

You already paid for the remasters, but never bought these previous titles digitally. Socom servers been taken down and putting them back up doesn't compare to games of today (campaign will still be dope...i think? )
Let's laugh at whoever else didn't think this thru :mjlol:
PS1-4 :picard:
Sony keeping that foot on Microsoft's neck
The more they try to destroy each other, the more we benefit :ehh:
:laff:
I'm selling my PS2 and PS3 games

Is HipHopGamer even reliable?
:gucci:
If true, looks like mom and pop joints bout to eat.

7a51-201667-videogames-lead.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_630-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_1200_.jpg
So you think they'll be cheaper than digital :dwillhuh:
Because these broke boys trade in $60 games for $10 credit towards the next $60 game. Then they trade in their $400 console for $100 to get the next $400 console.
I’ll let these broke boys explain their logic to you better than I can. The hell do I know anyway right? Apparently I’m corny for keeping games.
You both corny :yeshrug:
IF true and this shyt is 399? And Trophies????

:damn:

War over AGAIN before it starts. :mjlol:

But no way I can believe that shyt.

edit: my man HHG huh :patrice:

I believe it!!!! (won a free Ninja Gaiden vita game off him. Riding wit my nikka :yeshrug:
Maybe you can finally get around to finishing unpolished 3 :troll: