PS5 was the best selling console in January in both units and dollars. Xbox in bottom place

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
First two years of a making a major misstep has passed. The tone is set at this point, its gonna be a repeat of last gen

I ain't even trying to be funny though but it seems like every gaming generation Xbox is trailing behind in sales to Sony & Nintendo. What's even more messed up about it is that Sony was struggling w/PS5 console shortages and they still manage to outsell Microsoft.

I stick with Sony based on it's exclusives alone but Microsoft can never get over the hump in sales jeez...

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The series S gamble by Microsoft is costing them a lot of money. I feel nobody wants that console and whenever I go to the game store I see like 10+ series in stock, but rarely see series x. I think most people want a 4k machine for a next gen console since most people have a 4k tv, so I have no clue what Phil was thinking of a budget model. If they were smart they should've gone PS5 route and just make a digital version of the series x. Also, they really need to change name of their consoles because I feel it causes so much brand confusion.

Anyways, I think they can somewhat recover if they start releasing strong games that makes a person consider an xbox. However, I feel most people stick with 1 console and if they're getting a second console then it's a Nintendo. I don't think we'll ever see gap close like the 360/PS3 gen

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
almost all of Sony’s exclusive games have been too sellers. You can tell these Xbots have been desperately waiting for a “flop” they’ll cling to anything :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The series S gamble by Microsoft is costing them a lot of money. I feel nobody wants that console and whenever I go to the game store I see like 10+ series in stock, but rarely see series x. I think most people want a 4k machine for a next gen console since most people have a 4k tv, so I have no clue what Phil was thinking of a budget model. If they were smart they should've gone PS5 route and just make a digital version of the series x. Also, they really need to change name of their consoles because I feel it causes so much brand confusion.

Anyways, I think they can somewhat recover if they start releasing strong games that makes a person consider an xbox. However, I feel most people stick with 1 console and if they're getting a second console then it's a Nintendo. I don't think we'll ever see gap close like the 360/PS3 gen

The whole “not everyone has a 4k tv” thing was always stupid. Most people rushing out to play games within the first two years of launch have 4k tv’s, even fi they’re cheap Vizio’s or TCL’s

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The whole “not everyone has a 4k tv” thing was always stupid. Most people rushing out to play games within the first two years of launch have 4k tv’s, even fi they’re cheap Vizio’s or TCL’s
I think at least 50% of people in major markets own a 4k tv, and most people that buy consoles are going to own a 4k tv. It was a very shortsighted move to create a budget model that is going to struggle 2nd half of this gen. Hopefully a series s type of console doesn't happen again because I don't think the console market wants a budget console and are willing to spend the extra $200 for the real next gen console.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Those hardware numbers look great.:obama:

BTW “They” don’t even acknowledge the number 1 game in software.:pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY