PS5 reviews are in! You won't believe what critics are saying!

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
This generation is gonna be very one-sided. Sony about to mop these fools up once again. Microsoft's all-inclusive strategy is lame and its gonna cost them.

Can’t repeat enough how much of a layup Microsoft would’ve had if they just had 2-3 exclusives out of the gate that took advantage of all the extra horsepower they have.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
These reviews got me super hype for thursday. God damn

Put me on ice until next Thursday brehs

DgbPORXX4AIB-4V.jpg

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When compared to the Xbox Series X's internal storage, however, a different picture gets painted. On the PS5, Final Fantasy XV takes 1 minute and 10 seconds from launch to gameplay. This beats out the PS4, which comes in at almost 3 minutes, but doesn't match up to the Series X, which only takes 43 seconds to perform the same task. Likewise, Monster Hunter World took 51 seconds on the PS5 and only 29 on the Series X.

Game
Destiny 2 (pre-patch) 1:37 1:12
Final Fantasy XV 1:10 0:43
Red Dead Redemption 2 1:04 1:02
Monster Hunter World 0:51 0:29

Was expecting better than this tbh

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You don't beat the current market leader like that, better luck next gen.

this their last gen with hardware. bout time they get out the paint and let someone else fill that 3rd spot. they never were on Playstation's level no matter how hard Cragiset tried to make it out to be.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When compared to the Xbox Series X's internal storage, however, a different picture gets painted. On the PS5, Final Fantasy XV takes 1 minute and 10 seconds from launch to gameplay. This beats out the PS4, which comes in at almost 3 minutes, but doesn't match up to the Series X, which only takes 43 seconds to perform the same task. Likewise, Monster Hunter World took 51 seconds on the PS5 and only 29 on the Series X.

Game

This seems like an optimization issue. The fact that all the backwards compatible games run at a locked 60fps kind of prove that the SSD is as fast as they say.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can’t repeat enough how much of a layup Microsoft would’ve had if they just had 2-3 exclusives out of the gate that took advantage of all the extra horsepower they have.

1) 2-3 exclusives out the gate when they took the entire current gen off with new good exclusives? :francis:
2) they still weren't beating PS5 in sales no matter what.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Game

It has to do with BC optimization. In a nutshell, PS5 runs the games in BC mode with some limits for stability reasons so the games aren't taking advantage of the whole console. Compared to actual PS5 games, they load very fast e.g. Spider-man loads in 2 seconds after choosing a save file.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
1) 2-3 exclusives out the gate when they took the entire current gen off with new good exclusives? :francis:
2) they still weren't beating PS5 in sales no matter what.

1) My comment was based on public perception only. My point was they are getting good reviews across the board for the hardware and how it performs but getting mediocre reviews overall (“hold off on getting it”) because they don’t have any games to show on it. For them to match Sony on the hardware and the price but fail to put out any games to complete the home run play is short sighted and an L. Just having 2-3 games would have gotten them at least some of the fanfare Sony is getting.

2) I never said that cause I don’t believe that’s possible for a second :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1) My comment was based on public perception only. My point was they are getting good reviews across the board for the hardware and how it performs but getting mediocre reviews overall (“hold off on getting it”) because they don’t have any games to show on it. For them to match Sony on the hardware and the price but fail to put out any games to complete the home run play is short sighted and an L. Just having 2-3 games would have gotten them at least some of the fanfare Sony is getting.

2) I never said that cause I don’t believe that’s possible for a second :pachaha:

No I actually agree with you and I’ve stated this before. If they had a big game like, if Halo had been completely done and looking really next gen-open world like gears 5 at least, it would have been a slam dunk for microsoft. Especially with free online multiplayer. While I’m not a halo fan or a online shooter fan I know that would have brought the OG xbox stans out of retirement and had the industry doing backflips.

They dropped the ball on making sure that game was what it was supposed to be and in time of launch. But again, maybe covid fukked things up for them. A lot of games would have been out by now if it wasn’t for the pandemic

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I could troll a bunch of stuff, literally choose not to. The reviews of miles is expected and the reviews of the ps5 are expected. ( Bit worse than I expected) but around the same area.

When a system with no games get similar or the same scores as one "with games" there isn't much to really make noise about or stay silent about.

Plus I'm always pleased to get gaming news overall:blessed:
The way these clowns were making it sound, PS5 was supposed to be a perfect 10...

Even IGN gave them an 8...

Cats in here gassing up Miles Morales for being rated a 9 out of 10... but its 10 hours long...

but its not a DLC :mjlol:

Not going to troll like the no-lifer Sony stans in here but :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of you dudes are slow as hell :mjlol:

As if 10 hours is somehow a bad thing?

You know what other games are 10~12 hours or less?

Resident Evil 7
Halo game campaigns
Crackdown 3
Sunset Overdrive
Tomb Raider
Doom
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored

You know, plenty of other games.

Lookup any of them on howlongtobeat.com and see for yourself. it's also $50 so $10 less than these other "short DLC" games by your logic.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Some of you dudes are slow as hell :mjlol:

As if 10 hours is somehow a bad thing?

You know what other games are 10~12 hours or less?
Resident Evil 7
Halo game campaigns
Crackdown 3
Sunset Overdrive
Tomb Raider
Doom
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored

You know, plenty of other games.
Look up any of them on howlongtobeat.com.

Logic stans :mjlol: