PS5 reviews are in! You won't believe what critics are saying!

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:
Miles is at an 85 on Metacritic. Spider-Man is 87. What exactly were you expecting? For it to be a 94 game?

and PS5 reviews are very positive. Like, I think you just looked at the one IGN review and extrapolated that everywhere else is the same.

The ps5 reviews aren't as home run and as hyped up as I thought they would be, so yeah they are a bit worse than I expected overall.

Positive and fair just like most of the Xbox ones though.

Miles I don't have an opinion on, I didn't really love the last Spiderman game sooo yeah

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn the new Spider-Man game got an 8. Sony is finished.

T3K7rZe.gif

Fred.

I knew you had some "War Dog" in you:mjgrin:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read the GS review and the console sounds disappointing when it comes to backwards compatibility. You mean games don't really get a significant loading increase with that crazy fast SSD?

I was watching Maximillian Dood show off the Series X last night and he was going in and out of BC games with the quickness.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The ps5 reviews aren't as home run and as hyped up as I thought they would be, so yeah they are a bit worse than I expected overall.

Positive and fair just like most of the Xbox ones though.

Miles I don't have an opinion on, I didn't really love the last Spiderman game sooo yeah
I don't think you need to convince yourself that PS5 isn't really as hyped up and hot as you "thought" they would be. No shocker there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read the GS review and the console sounds disappointing when it comes to backwards compatibility. You mean games don't really get a significant loading increase with that crazy fast SSD?

I was watching Maximillian Dood show off the Series X last night and he was going in and out of BC games with the quickness.
Disappointing?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think you need to convince yourself that PS5 isn't really as hyped up and hot as you "thought" they would be. No shocker there.
No I'm shocked reviewers aren't..

Like I said the reactions are what I felt like I should see, but I expected the hype to override all rational.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
It's obvious that overall they're more excited about the PS5 compared to Series X.

One example with Metro's reviews.

Xbox Series X hardware review – the new console where nothing is new

But the biggest question, of whether you should buy one or not, is much harder to answer and depends on your personal circumstances, especially in a year when many will be feeling the financial pinch. What we can say is that if you leave that decision till later then you won’t be missing out on anything important at launch.

PS5 console review – a positive start to a new generation

The situation in terms of pricing and subscriptions is almost certain to change over the course of the generation, for both consoles, but while we can’t predict the future we can tell you that right now the PlayStation 5 is an excellent console and well worth getting as soon as you can afford it.

Yeah same tone :mjlol:

Pretty much Series X reviews "Amazing machine, no killer app" compared to Ps5 "this is next gen!"

You don't beat the current market leader like that, better luck next gen.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No I'm shocked reviewers aren't..

Like I said the reactions are what I felt like I should see, but I expected the hype to override all rational.
LOL SURE you did.

Had this unrealistic scenario occurred, you'd accuse reviewers of being Sony fanboys. It's always some "but" with you dudes lmao.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Disappointing?

I don't believe you were one but way too many people were saying fukk 60fps in these threads. The crux of the matter with BC between the two is when the XSX does not reach 60fps, it is because the game runs at a higher resolution. In every single instance, the difference was either a native resolution vs a dynamic one or where the xbox version just flat out runs in a higher resolution. Context should be added here. Sony did good here, they don't add HDR and other things but they did good. They didn't did MS good though.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disappointing?

oh I hadn't looked at DF yet, I was just going by what I read in Gamespot's review. I was really hoping for more significant gains in load time in old titles, at least from jump.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't believe you were one but way too many people were saying fukk 60fps in these threads. The crux of the matter with BC between the two is when the XSX does not reach 60fps, it is because the game runs at a higher resolution. In every single instance, the difference was either a native resolution vs a dynamic one or where the xbox version just flat out runs in a higher resolution. Context should be added here. Sony did good here, they don't add HDR and other things but they did good. They didn't did MS good though.
Nobody has ever said "Fukk 60fps". that sounds ridiculous and comical.

I know the SX runs higher res in some BC games at times but at the end of the day like some have shown when the results(IQ) look nearly identical yet one performs better people aren't going to be concerned with "context" in those situations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sounds like a real next gen system. I’m not surprised IGN gave it the same score, they would have got torn apart if they rated it higher.