PS5 pre-orders start 9/17/2020

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s a tech-focused eBay, so it’s more built for that marketplace. You have to clear any hardware before you can sell it, and they review your listing before you can put it up

is it like GOAT/stockx but for electronics?

I’m check it out tho...thanks

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is it like GOAT/stockx but for electronics?

I’m check it out tho...thanks

Bingo. Well in that it’s a more specific market. You don’t send it to them for verification like the sneakers, just straight to buyer, but the idea is the same. If you’re selling a phone for example you gotta clear the serial number to make sure it’s not stolen/locked/fake/etc. Scamming is significantly less

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
In person?

Yup. I ordered it online Thursday night and at the checkout I clicked pay with cash. They sent me a email with a order number And barcode and I took it to a cashier at Walmart and she scanned the barcode and I paid for it. You have 48 hours to go and pay or they’ll cancel your order.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That still won't do anything. All the scammer has to do is claim that item is defective or not as described and Ebay will automatically side with buyer.
Yeah had that happen on a soundbar I sold. The buyer had buyer's remorse and said he couldn't get the remote to work I offered him a partial refund and he demanded a full refund. I declined and he forced a refund through eBay's money back guarantee. eBay refunded the buyer and took the money from my PayPal.

I sent the SB and woofer in two packages. He sent them back in the same boxes but used the same label twice.

I got the SB back but not the woofer. I pointed that out to eBay and they game me the money back. A week later the woofer arrived and it wasn't my woofer because it didn't even work. Dude swapped it out and the remote was fine.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
is swappa another site where buyers/sellers meet up...and if not what’s the advantage is has over ebay?
Swappa is like eBay but the buyer pays the fees. You list it at a price that includes the fees and shipping in the final price they pay. The fees are also lower. It uses PayPal for payment and the staff does more due diligence in checking your item than eBay. I forgot they did consoles on there. I used to use it when it was only phones but lately Samsung has been doing such good trade-ins I haven't used it.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Only wanted 2 and then more came available. :francis:
Keep 2 for myself, 1 for my sibling kids. Now I’ll give each of my brothers one for the holidays as well.

Going through the hassle to make 200 on a ps5 seems pointless to me.

Thats fair and I agree. Don't really get the resell angle on these. More trouble than its' worth to me & is disgustingly greedy. A lot of those same heads hoarding consoles for profit will then turn around and complain about corporations bending customers over the table and exploiting them and the market in the name of capitalism. It's like...

tenor.gif

Watching these videos on YouTube and some of these dudes sound so distraught about not getting a pre-order :mjcry:

Link? :skip:

The playstation invite should have been the only way to pre order the system leading up to release,

I dunno about that. Feels like that would have left way too many regular joes who simply wanted a system (and ultimately got one) out of the loop. Everybody moves differently but I can say with 100% certainty that if Sony went the country club route and decided the only heads who could preorder where those they hand picked, they'd never have to worry about me personally dropping a penny on anything Playstation related again. You only have to tell me once that I'm not good enough to do business with you.

Scalpers absolutely need to be dealt with somehow, though.