PS5 pre-orders start 9/17/2020

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Target order still standing I’m thinking it’s all good.
Finally got my CX otw too :banderas: just need to cop a new center channel for Atmos, and a 3080 and the cipher will be complete. No more major purchases for a solid minute :ahh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What do yall really need with a dozen PS5s? :dahell:
Scalpers

:francis:

These dudes do this every console release.

I really wouldn't mind if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft started opening pre orders directly from them only for the first month. That way they could get a handle on people buying multiple systems.

The playstation invite should have been the only way to pre order the system leading up to release, these other companies do not give a fukk about scalpers buying out the stock.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I got 3. I just wanna see which one ships first cause I want it release day. I'm hoping I can land a Series X cause I took the 10th and 11th off and don't work the other few days after anyway. The other 2 I will offer to people I know for what they cost me. If I did resell them online I'd just put it on FB marketplace for cost + $50-$70 so I can buy a game.
donate it to childrens hospital or a children's hospice and stop being a demon breh

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scalpels can be easily dealt with. Just ban the sale of any next gen console on eBay, amazon etc that is above the RRP.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
donate it to childrens hospital or a children's hospice and stop being a demon breh
My plan is to offer it to people I know at cost. Personally reselling them would be too much of a hassle IMO. Even putting them on FB Marketplace is inviting trouble. If you feel that way you can lead by example and do it. You can provide me the money to actually pay for them and I’ll ship them to you and you can donate them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Scalpels can be easily dealt with. Just ban the sale of any next gen console on eBay, amazon etc that is above the RRP.
Scalpers are basic economics. If you offer a product at a given price and the supply is too low the price will be raised to reach market equilibrium. By that I mean a second hand market will present itself where ultimately if you’re willing to pay what the market values that good at given the supply you can get it.

Scalpers are a thing because Sony will under price the product and under ship it. Scalpers are a market correction.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even putting them on FB Marketplace is inviting trouble.

this item in particular or any item and why do you say that?

I’ve never used it but I have a lot of shyt I want to sell rather than throw out

so I was considering it over ebay

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this item in particular or any item and why do you say that?

I’ve never used it but I have a lot of shyt I want to sell rather than throw out

so I was considering it over ebay
Internet meetups for high demand and value items aren't necessarily safe. You can do them in public and still end up in a bad situation. I mean the odds aren't exactly extremely high that happens but it's still a realistic possibility. I don't really see it as worth the risk especially if the seller is really looking to exploit the buyer and do a high mark up on the item.

I sell stuff on FB Marketplace all the time and it at least in my area is pretty crappy. I typically end up taking less than I could get on eBay there. I sold my Galaxy Buds Live for $90 when I probably could have gotten closer to $110 after fees on eBay. I sold my Bose Soundtouch 300 for $200 when after fees on eBay maybe I could have gotten $230-$240.

eBay is even more dangerous than FB Marketplace because if a buyer wants to scam you there eBay will almost just let it happen. In a dispute eBay typically sides with the buyer over the seller.