PS5 pre-orders start 9/17/2020

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Internet meetups for high demand and value items aren't necessarily safe. You can do them in public and still end up in a bad situation. I mean the odds aren't exactly extremely high that happens but it's still a realistic possibility. I don't really see it as worth the risk especially if the seller is really looking to exploit the buyer and do a high mark up on the item.

I sell stuff on FB Marketplace all the time and it at least in my area is pretty crappy. I typically end up taking less than I could get on eBay there. I sold my Galaxy Buds Live for $90 when I probably could have gotten closer to $110 after fees on eBay. I sold my Bose Soundtouch 300 for $200 when after fees on eBay maybe I could have gotten $230-$240.

eBay is even more dangerous than FB Marketplace because if a buyer wants to scam you there eBay will almost just let it happen. In a dispute eBay typically sides with the buyer over the seller.
I'm happy to say I haven't encountered that on Ebay selling stuff over the years. I sold my Wii U and a GTX 1070 last month and everything went smooth.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thanks...I didn’t realize FB marketplace was a craigslist type thing...and I’ve heard some of the ebay stories...ppl claiming they didn’t receive an item even tho the tracking info shows that it was delivered...but ebay will side with the buyer if a signature wasn’t requested...ppl receiving items and claiming it’s “broken” when the item was supposedly sent out in good working condition...fukk it smh

Internet meetups for high demand and value items aren't necessarily safe. You can do them in public and still end up in a bad situation. I mean the odds aren't exactly extremely high that happens but it's still a realistic possibility. I don't really see it as worth the risk especially if the seller is really looking to exploit the buyer and do a high mark up on the item.

I sell stuff on FB Marketplace all the time and it at least in my area is pretty crappy. I typically end up taking less than I could get on eBay there. I sold my Galaxy Buds Live for $90 when I probably could have gotten closer to $110 after fees on eBay. I sold my Bose Soundtouch 300 for $200 when after fees on eBay maybe I could have gotten $230-$240.

eBay is even more dangerous than FB Marketplace because if a buyer wants to scam you there eBay will almost just let it happen. In a dispute eBay typically sides with the buyer over the seller.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm happy to say I haven't encountered that on Ebay selling stuff over the years. I sold my Wii U and a GTX 1070 last month and everything went smooth.
Item not as described is a buyer’s get out of jail free card for scams. On top of that it means that even if you say you don’t take returns on eBay you still take them due to eBay’s money back guarantee.

Anything I list on eBay I usually list with a 2 week return policy. I’ve had 3 attempts at scams in my eBay career. The last one eBay actually sided with me because the buyer accepted delivery with confirmation then told eBay the item didn’t arrive.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Item not as described is a buyer’s get out of jail free card for scams. On top of that it means that even if you say you don’t take returns on eBay you still take them due to eBay’s money back guarantee.

Anything I list on eBay I usually list with a 2 week return policy. I’ve had 3 attempts at scams in my eBay career. The last one eBay actually sided with me because the buyer accepted delivery with confirmation then told eBay the item didn’t arrive.
Best thing is to sell large expensive items locally. Small shyt less than $200 I could eat the cost.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
thanks...I didn’t realize FB marketplace was a craigslist type thing...and I’ve heard some of the ebay stories...ppl claiming they didn’t receive an item even tho the tracking info shows that it was delivered...but ebay will side with the buyer if a signature wasn’t requested...ppl receiving items and claiming it’s “broken” when the item was supposedly sent out in good working condition...fukk it smh
If you sell anything on eBay always insure it and buy the postage from eBay directly. If it’s high ticket require a signature. Only send to the PayPal confirmed address. Pray they don’t claim the credit card was stolen and file a charge back. Also PayPal has a longer guarantee window than eBay. I think PayPal is 60 days and eBay might be 30. You can sell something using PayPal and a few months later run into some BS. They typical buyer isn’t a scammer but it’s the luck of the draw for what buyer you get.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
If you sell anything on eBay always insure it and buy the postage from eBay directly. If it’s high ticket require a signature. Only send to the PayPal confirmed address. Pray they don’t claim the credit card was stolen and file a charge back. Also PayPal has a longer guarantee window than eBay. I think PayPal is 60 days and eBay might be 30. You can sell something using PayPal and a few months later run into some BS. They typical buyer isn’t a scammer but it’s the luck of the draw for what buyer you get.

That still won't do anything. All the scammer has to do is claim that item is defective or not as described and Ebay will automatically side with buyer.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
2b1079fc265a5210828cf0efe0021f83.png

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is swappa another site where buyers/sellers meet up...and if not what’s the advantage is has over ebay?

It’s a tech-focused eBay, so it’s more built for that marketplace. You have to clear any hardware before you can sell it, and they review your listing before you can put it up